Lashuri Chan

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:34 am
User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I think I'm being annoying. My friend who lives three hours away I call her every day sometimes once a day and sometimes a few times a day and when she doesn't answer she will text me to let me know she is busy. But twice now she has just simply cut off her phone rather than text me to let me know she is busy. I mean okay I guess turning off your phone after some calls means you are busy but I find it rude.

I had once asked her if I was being annoying and she said no. And I would like to think i am not being annoying but keeping her company because she is always home alone with her mom's cats while her mom is at work. She can't just go out and drive someplace because the tags are not up to date. I wanna call her today but I feel like she is just going to cut off her phone.

And I feel like it is hard to make new friends too. I just got two numbers from two of my co workers and I texted one them in the evening two weeks ago and he did not reply, so I texted him again two Wednesday's ago and he said he was in school. So then last Sunday I texted him asking how his evening was and he did not reply but he did say hi to me at work that week. But now I feel like there is never a good time to text him. I mean if he isn't working then on the weekday mornings he is at school and I don't know if he like has to work afterwards so what so I get nervous about texting him now.

And another co worker I got his number this past Saturday and texted him that night. I did not give him my number so when I did text him asking how he was doing he just asked who this was and when I told him, I never got a text back. And I haven't texted him since.

I feel like I am coming off as annoying or as someone who has nothing to do and while that is actually true about having nothing to do, I still don't want to give off that impression so i feel like I shouldn't text either of them for the duration of this month. I don't know.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:06 am
I'm having a similar problem, myself. I would give your friend a little bit of space, sometimes that's all a person needs. And as for the other guys, maybe talk to them more in person before you start texting them? And don't get discouraged when you don't get a text back, they probably just forgot to text back.  

SpookyMaroon

Undead Businesswoman

Jin-is-supreme

Tipsy Humorist

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:35 am
Since I only use my phone for plan making and emergencies, when I give out my number and someone starts sending me "hi" "how was your day" I get upset lol.

Its like, dude, ask me that over coffee or internet.

Its not a bad thing, and doesn't make me stop liking the person. I just draw the line at that being a form of communication.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:07 am
User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Well with my actual friend, I called her and she told me she was at church yesterday so she just turned her phone off and she said I was not being annoying, she was just busy. So that part is resolved.

With my two co workers though, I don't have their Facebook or know where they live so texting or calling is the only form of communicating I have with them.

Lashuri Chan

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
07. ✿ - - - Chatterbox [COME SPAM!]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items