[PRP] Street dancer (Angu & Lys) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Anguis Lingua

Fashionable Vampire

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:13 am
Skon smiled and nodded. "Personally, I think he's better suited serving the Capitol, rather than the Palace. I'd hate to see him arrested for mouthing off at a diplomat or Palace guard. I think Taka may eventually follow in his footsteps, once he gets past that awkward teenage phase of tripping over his own feet." She chuckled as she set her tea down, watching the dancer with that calculating smile again.

"Hmm, well, I may be able to help you, if you're interested." She leaned forward, the smile never faltering. "As I mentioned, I'm an adviser to the Queen. Part of my duties as Her cultural and social adviser is to be on the lookout for those who show promise, since I spend quite a bit of time in the streets." She leaned back and poured more tea. "Your dancing is superb, Lady Yasmeen, and your sword dancing skills are perhaps the best I've seen yet. I humbly request that you allow me to bring you to the Palace to stand before the Queen, to become one of her personal dancers."  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:45 pm
Smiling she nodded, stifling a chuckle at the remark made about the owner's son. When Skon spoke next, there was a look of shock clear on her face. Never had she dreamed of even being called upon to dance for anyone of importance let alone a queen.

It took her a moment sipping her tea to collect her thoughts and mull it over. On one hand, this was an offer of a life time. On the other, what would taking on this position mean for her? Setting her cup down, she offered the other woman a warm, friendly smile once more. "If the queen would see me dance, then I would gladly do so for her." She paused a moment. "Would this mean that I would no longer be allowed to wander among the streets and dance though?" She had to ask. the answer likely wouldn't change her mind any though.  

lysia_nyteblade

Dangerous Lover

Anguis Lingua

Fashionable Vampire

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:01 pm
Her smile almost quirked up into a grin upon seeing the shocked look on Yasmeen's face. This was one particular part of the job that Skon enjoyed, finding those with promise to bring before the Queen. It didn't happen nearly as often as she liked, far as she was concerned.

Hearing Yasmeen's question had the adviser giving the dancer an arched eyebrow, the only signal of her surprise at the question. Interesting, even with this opportunity, she desires to perform for the people, she found the idea intriguing, I wonder what the Queen would think of that.

Skon poured another round of tea for them as she contemplated the question. "Hmm, to be honest with you, Lady Yasmeen, I don't know the answer to that question," she replied truthfully, "I honestly cannot recall anyone ever asking me that before. Many of the people I've brought before the Queen were all too happy to stay within the Palace if and when they were accepted."

"That being said, the Queen is perhaps one of the most benevolent people I have ever had the honor of working for, so there is a chance She may allow it. I'm afraid, however, that is a question you would have to take before Her."  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:10 pm
Her thought had been more on the chance of if her sisters found themselves in the capitol. They'd all grown up dancing as a team so to say and so missing an opportunity to dance with them would be one she might regret in the future. Her brow furrowed some before she gave a small nod. "fair enough.."

She tapped her lip in thought a while longer. "I'd still like to see her.. and if my dancing pleases her, then perhaps I can discuss with her any options I might be loosing... I have sisters that may some day visit.. And I think I might regret not being able to join them if the troupe found it's way here." She added the last as an after thought. "Not that I'd leave to travel with them.. Just more of a 'for old time's sake' sort of thing, you know?"  

lysia_nyteblade

Dangerous Lover

Anguis Lingua

Fashionable Vampire

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:27 pm
"Oh? You have sisters?" Skon leaned forward, her interest piqued. "I'm guessing they're dancers also?" Sisters, and possibly dancers also? Hmm, if they're even half as good as Yasmeen, I think the Queen would be quite pleased if I could bring them all to the Palace...

Even as she worked the calculations, Skon smiled. "If you have some idea where your sisters may be, I can send word for them to come to the Capitol, if you wish Lady Yasmeen. Though I have no siblings, I can understand the desire to have family nearby."

The adviser smiled as she stood up and tossed a few coins onto the table before offering her hand to the dancer. "Come, I would be honored to show you some of the city on our way to the Palace."  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:33 pm
She gave a nod. "I have a few sisters.. And they all dance. I am only the second eldest of us." She smiled thinking of her time learning along side her sisters and even helping her younger ones as they started to learn to dance.

"Sadly at the moment, I haven't a clue were they might be preforming let alone if they're in the same location together. I left the troupe for my own selfish reasoning of wanting to better know the people I came from." She gave a small shrug. She knew wanting to come here had been her own idea and it wasn't something she'd regret.

As Skon stood and dropped coin on the table, she followed, standing along side her. As her hand was taken, she didn't bother trying to pull away. "I'd like to see what other things lie in the city along the way." She smiled allowing herself to be lead off, the chimes of her anklets matching a rhythm to her pace.  

lysia_nyteblade

Dangerous Lover

Anguis Lingua

Fashionable Vampire

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:54 am
Skon made a note to advise her informants to keep an eye out for any new d'jinn dancers that might show up in the city as they stepped out of the cafe. "A shame, with your talents, I can only imagine what your sisters are also capable of. Perhaps they'll make their way here eventually."

She smiled as she pulled out her clipboard and flipped the parchments over, revealing a rough city map etched into the board. "The city's laid out in a series of concentric circles, but we have four major thoroughfares leading out from the Palace." Skon pointed motioned to the wide avenue they were walking on. "These are generally the major commerce areas for the city, easily accessible from any part of the city."

She chuckled and smiled. "And easily accessible for Her Majesty for when she decides to mingle." Skon stopped at a silk stall and picked up a bolt of fabric, holding it up before looking at Yasmeen with a smile. "Hmm, this color compliments you rather well, I think. I will let the Queen's tailor know, should you be accepted by the Queen." She leaned over and whispered something to the merchant, who nodded and slid the fabric under the stall.

"Anyways, as you can see, the Palace is the central point of the city, and can be viewed from virtually any place in the city. Come, let's see if the Queen is available at the moment."  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:24 am
She took note as things were pointed out to her. It never hurt to know just what went where just in case she ever got lost. Should she be accepted by the queen and allowed to wander as she pleased, it was good to know that the main roads lead to the palace. If she ever became lost she'd need to know how to be able to return so as not to make anyone worry over her.

As they stopped at the silk merchant's stall, she eyed the cloth. She'd seen plenty of silk merchants in her travels but often didn't bother buying from them. Her own dancing garb having been made by hand by her mother upon her reaching maturity. Each sister had their own color and style to their outfit. Her ear caught her wording and she turned around to see the merchant tucking the bolt of cloth away. "Hmm?? Oh I suppose it does." She chuckled with a smile.

"Sounds like a plan to me, Lead the way." She waited for the other to head off again before falling into that same chiming step behind her.  

lysia_nyteblade

Dangerous Lover

◕ Roleplay: Faetasia

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas