Day 1: Another craving for chocolate!?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xXNi-ChanXx

Lonely Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:50 am
So lately I have the craves for chocolate which is weird because I am not preggy or anything.
Is that even normal??? O.o
Mmmm
Cupcakes...
Oh! Which reminds me I need to get my things together for cupcakes this Valentines Day for my bf! biggrin
I got this great idea for a strawberry whip with a chocolate cupcake and to top it off... chocolate covered strawberry <3
Is that too much chocolate and strawberry???
e.o

decisions decisions
sweatdrop

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:38 am
xXNingyoXx
So lately I have the craves for chocolate which is weird because I am not preggy or anything.
Is that even normal??? O.o
Mmmm
Cupcakes...
Oh! Which reminds me I need to get my things together for cupcakes this Valentines Day for my bf! biggrin
I got this great idea for a strawberry whip with a chocolate cupcake and to top it off... chocolate covered strawberry <3
Is that too much chocolate and strawberry???
e.o

decisions decisions
sweatdrop

I love Strawberries, and chocolate...... : o
Althought my suggestion would be to create a balance between the chocolate and the Strawberries, or else the chocolate will over power the strawberries. If you where to have a chocolate cake with chocolate covered strawberries then you wouldn't be able to taste the strawberries very well, But Sprinkled sugar on the strawberries and place them on -> or <- between the chocolate cake would help you to be able to taste the Strawberries and chocolate. *nods*

Anyways, I always want chocolate; but it's possible that you might just want something sweet to eat. : o
it can also be due to a medical problem (like a lack of certain types of food.)

Sega Queen

Angelic Kitten

xRozeN Doll

Demonic Doll

27,250 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Nebula Novice 100
  • Poltergeist Pulverizer 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:41 am
yum_puddi  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:49 am
Sega Queen

I love Strawberries, and chocolate...... : o
Althought my suggestion would be to create a balance between the chocolate and the Strawberries, or else the chocolate will over power the strawberries. If you where to have a chocolate cake with chocolate covered strawberries then you wouldn't be able to taste the strawberries very well, But Sprinkled sugar on the strawberries and place them on -> or <- between the chocolate cake would help you to be able to taste the Strawberries and chocolate. *nods*

Anyways, I always want chocolate; but it's possible that you might just want something sweet to eat. : o
it can also be due to a medical problem (like a lack of certain types of food.)

Hmmm... well I really just want to make cupcakes mainly because my bf gets full pretty easily... our eating habits have changed alot, just alittle food can fill us up for a few hours(Its weird) and I know if I make a cake, it would have to be a small one because knowing how he and I are, we are gonna just left there sitting for who knows how many days and I wouldn't want that.
But I found this good looking strawberry whip I wanted to make for the chocolate cupcake but idk, to me just that looks abit plain if I just do a chocolate cupcake with strawberry whip, so thats why I was thinking maybe a chocolate covered strawberry or maybe one of those Hershey's kiss chocolate top of the whip. But I dont know, what to do is all sweatdrop
He loves the fact I cook so thats why I wanted to make him something x3
Like I told him, the best way to get to a man's heart is through their stomachs first haha  

xXNi-ChanXx

Lonely Werewolf

xXNi-ChanXx

Lonely Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:55 am
xRozeN Doll
yum_puddi

emotion_kirakira  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:05 am
xXNingyoXx

Hmmm... well I really just want to make cupcakes mainly because my bf gets full pretty easily... our eating habits have changed alot, just alittle food can fill us up for a few hours(Its weird) and I know if I make a cake, it would have to be a small one because knowing how he and I are, we are gonna just left there sitting for who knows how many days and I wouldn't want that.
But I found this good looking strawberry whip I wanted to make for the chocolate cupcake but idk, to me just that looks abit plain if I just do a chocolate cupcake with strawberry whip, so thats why I was thinking maybe a chocolate covered strawberry or maybe one of those Hershey's kiss chocolate top of the whip. But I dont know, what to do is all sweatdrop
He loves the fact I cook so thats why I wanted to make him something x3
Like I told him, the best way to get to a man's heart is through their stomachs first haha

Haha!.. xD

I can't cook. DX ...

Anyways. DX
I knew you meant cupcakes I was just using cake as an Example. :3
I don't actually like strawberries and chocolate together. : o I like em both Separate. :3
But Just and Idea, you could cut up strawberries put it on top of the Chocolate cupcake, and add whip cream on top. : o ( Idk If I'm helping, but I'm trying. xD )

Sega Queen

Angelic Kitten

xRozeN Doll

Demonic Doll

27,250 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Nebula Novice 100
  • Poltergeist Pulverizer 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:16 am
xXNingyoXx
xRozeN Doll
yum_puddi

emotion_kirakira

mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:34 am
Sega Queen

Haha!.. xD

I can't cook. DX ...

Anyways. DX
I knew you meant cupcakes I was just using cake as an Example. :3
I don't actually like strawberries and chocolate together. : o I like em both Separate. :3
But Just and Idea, you could cut up strawberries put it on top of the Chocolate cupcake, and add whip cream on top. : o ( Idk If I'm helping, but I'm trying. xD )

Haha its true. When I cook for my bf sometimes, he always has this priceless face that makes me smile because it looks like he had just gone to heaven and when I ask him how is the food, he always gives me a kiss on the cheek in response x3

Haha oh alright, I like them together... surprised alot of people say that my chocolate covered strawberry is good x3
Well the whip is mixed with strawberries actually x3  

xXNi-ChanXx

Lonely Werewolf

Lashuri Chan

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:58 am
User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I brought a bag of Nestle semi sweet chocolate chunks.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:20 pm
xXNingyoXx

I always crave chocolate when I'm getting close to (or during) lady time every month.. but it in turn usually gives me cramps like no tomorrow. >_<;
Think it may be something like that, with certain hormone levels being higher or something? Or maybe just a craving for something sweet if you haven't had anything in a while.

As for the cupcakes, I'm doing something similar (not for my bf because he won't be here so I'm giving him cookies instead). I plan to bake chocolate cupcakes and fill them with strawberry whipped cream. For a topping I plan to use the same whipped cream as the filling to cover the top, place half a strawberry on it, and drizzle chocolate syrup over it. These will be for myself, friends, and family. I don't really want to deal with melting chocolate to dip the berries in or have to clean it later so I'm using the syrup as an alternative.

You just have to be sure to balance your flavors. If you want one to stand out over the other, make it stronger, but if you want them to be about the same just make your strawberry flavor more mild so it doesn't over power the chocolate.

Also, i don't know if you know this little trick or not, but adding a package of instant pudding into your cake mix (chocolate=chocolate, white/yellow=vanilla, etc) then it will make your cake more moist and fluffy.

Have fun and I hope your cupcakes turn out well. ^_^  

khionna

Salty Wench

39,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50

xXNi-ChanXx

Lonely Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:38 pm
ll-Frantic-ll

I just crave for it every day and usually when its my time of the month my craving stops.

Thats not a bad idea actually. I never thought about that before :O
I think instead of covering the strawberry ima just drizzle the chocolate ontop x3
For me the melt chocolate is never a mess because I always put the leftover chocolate in the fridge and save it to use it another day x3

Pudding? As in the powder or the actual pudding cup??? because I would for it to be moist and fluffy just for him <3

I hope so too! the last time I made some they come out good but the topping was alright but not what I was expecting. Thats what I get for getting the recipe off the internet sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:39 pm
little aishi chan

Haha thats the kind of chocolate I have been eating actually sweatdrop  

xXNi-ChanXx

Lonely Werewolf

khionna

Salty Wench

39,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:49 pm
xXNingyoXx
I just crave for it every day and usually when its my time of the month my craving stops.

Thats not a bad idea actually. I never thought about that before :O
I think instead of covering the strawberry ima just drizzle the chocolate ontop x3
For me the melt chocolate is never a mess because I always put the leftover chocolate in the fridge and save it to use it another day x3

Pudding? As in the powder or the actual pudding cup??? because I would for it to be moist and fluffy just for him <3

I hope so too! the last time I made some they come out good but the topping was alright but not what I was expecting. Thats what I get for getting the recipe off the internet sweatdrop

Your craving is like the opposite of mine. XD

I think it would be pretty. You could even add diversity to it by doing some that way and then dipping the strawberries for others. ^_^

Ah, yeah, I do that too.. but then I still have to clean the chocolate out of the bowl/double boiler because I repackage it and I don't have a dishwasher in my house. OTL

The powdered kind. Just make sure to buy instant pudding (the kind where you just add milk, chill, and serve) and not the kind that you have to cook. Just dump the package into your cake mix and follow the directions on the cake box like usual. I do it all the time and the cakes are more moist and they last longer without drying out. ^^

Don't worry about it, that happens from time to time. I get recipes from online all the time too and it's just a trial and error process to find ones that work or to perfect ones that you don't completely like. XD

How did you make the topping? For mine I plan to mix cool-whip with this strawberry gel stuff they sell at the supermarket here. It tastes really good together and I think it will be just enough to add the flavors without overpowering the cupcake. o 3o  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:39 pm
ll-Frantic-ll

Your craving is like the opposite of mine. XD

I think it would be pretty. You could even add diversity to it by doing some that way and then dipping the strawberries for others. ^_^

Ah, yeah, I do that too.. but then I still have to clean the chocolate out of the bowl/double boiler because I repackage it and I don't have a dishwasher in my house. OTL

The powdered kind. Just make sure to buy instant pudding (the kind where you just add milk, chill, and serve) and not the kind that you have to cook. Just dump the package into your cake mix and follow the directions on the cake box like usual. I do it all the time and the cakes are more moist and they last longer without drying out. ^^

Don't worry about it, that happens from time to time. I get recipes from online all the time too and it's just a trial and error process to find ones that work or to perfect ones that you don't completely like. XD

How did you make the topping? For mine I plan to mix cool-whip with this strawberry gel stuff they sell at the supermarket here. It tastes really good together and I think it will be just enough to add the flavors without overpowering the cupcake. o 3o

Haha x3

That would be pretty. I shall do that! I just need to test it before I actually do, just to make sure the melted chocolate would drip.

I actually use a fondue machine for my chocolate that we actually have without realizing. We found it when we moved it. x3

Thanks for the tip! I shall add that to the list when i go to the store.

I tried to make homemade frosting lol but at the end, I just make this simple glaze and yea.. my mom seemed to like it though O.o
But this typing is different. Here is the link for it.
Strawberry Whip Top  

xXNi-ChanXx

Lonely Werewolf

khionna

Salty Wench

39,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:52 pm
xXNingyoXx
Haha x3

That would be pretty. I shall do that! I just need to test it before I actually do, just to make sure the melted chocolate would drip.

I actually use a fondue machine for my chocolate that we actually have without realizing. We found it when we moved it. x3

Thanks for the tip! I shall add that to the list when i go to the store.

I tried to make homemade frosting lol but at the end, I just make this simple glaze and yea.. my mom seemed to like it though O.o
But this typing is different. Here is the link for it.
Strawberry Whip Top

XD

A tip for chocolate (I have tons of tips for small things XD ), if you use a double boiler/bowl instead of a fondue fountain you can add in this wax that they sell in the baking isle at most stores to make the chocolate thinner and make it cool solid. You can also use coconut milk, but it adds a slight coconut flavor and you have to actually cool it for it to set up (like the shell stuff they sell for ice cream). The wax version will stay solid at room temperature after you cool it, the other will usually become soft or start to melt again.

Np. ^_^

I made home made peanut butter frosting the other night. It was pretty good but a bit sweet.
Oh! That looks good. o= I think I'll try that too! XD  
07. ✿ - - - Chatterbox [COME SPAM!]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff