Submit

kaela2015

Sparkly Friend

11,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:50 pm
My brother and I are planning on learning to play the ocarina together. I have already looked a bunch up, and have decided on getting a 12 hole sweet potato ocarina in Alto C. I am trying to decide between two that I like.

The first is a Focalink plastic 12 hole sweet potato Ocarina in Alto C (light blue), which I hear is great for all levels of players, and has a great sound. Ive heard a few sound samples of it, and like how it sounds. its 25 dollars (wonderful for a plastic ocarina that sounds this great)

However, I also like the Woodnote resin 12 hole sweet potato Ocarina in Alto C primarily for the rosy/old-timey pattern on it, but im not sure about this ones quality. Reviews on amazon say its great, while other reviews say the sound problems with the ocarina require advanced experience. It is 20 dollars. I was wondering if you knew anything about this ocarina, or whether or not it is better than the Focalink one.

Please, i ask that you only give input if you have played either of these ocarinas.

Thank you <3 Kaela  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:17 pm
I haven't played one of like that, my sister has one with six holes, I'm not sure what key it is in. ^-^ Its an Orca Ocarina! XD lol, anyway I would say that you might want to check into the ceramic ocarina's, they sound different then the plastic ones. Depending on what its made out of it can have a different sound, as you might already know. Also, depending on where you get it from it might even come with a playing guide. My sisters did. I don't know if anyone would really have played them, but I might say that it does depend on what kind of sound you want. Plastic12holeReview <--SoundTonariNoTotoro DemoSweetPotato12C  

OneWeekRainisu

Barton Phantom

11,650 Points
  • Intermediate Skill 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Pet Lover 100

kaela2015

Sparkly Friend

11,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:55 pm
OneWeekRainisu
I haven't played one of like that, my sister has one with six holes, I'm not sure what key it is in. ^-^ Its an Orca Ocarina! XD lol, anyway I would say that you might want to check into the ceramic ocarina's, they sound different then the plastic ones. Depending on what its made out of it can have a different sound, as you might already know. Also, depending on where you get it from it might even come with a playing guide. My sisters did. I don't know if anyone would really have played them, but I might say that it does depend on what kind of sound you want. Plastic12holeReview <--SoundTonariNoTotoro DemoSweetPotato12C

Yea, i would LOVE to have a ceramic one, but i would hate to spend that much money on something to learn on when there is a chance i may not like it. a ceramic or clay one is on the list, in the event i get hooked.

the first link is the first orcarina i mentioned, which is why it is in the running. I know that ones reliable, and great for beginners, but if the second one is better, i would prefer to have it for the look.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:09 pm
kaela2015
OneWeekRainisu

Yea, i would LOVE to have a ceramic one, but i would hate to spend that much money on something to learn on when there is a chance i may not like it. a ceramic or clay one is on the list, in the event i get hooked.

the first link is the first orcarina i mentioned, which is why it is in the running. I know that ones reliable, and great for beginners, but if the second one is better, i would prefer to have it for the look.

I understand, I would say to go for the first one just because its harder to break then most of the other. biggrin  

OneWeekRainisu

Barton Phantom

11,650 Points
  • Intermediate Skill 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Pet Lover 100
17. ✿ - - - Music, Series & Movies

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items