Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Not sure what to do..

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should I tell him..?
  yes
  no
  not sure..
View Results

DinoCory

Interesting Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:29 pm
Okay I really like this guy that's 18 and I'm 24, but he's not gay or bi and he has interest in me as a girl.. But I dislike my girl parts and want to get a sex change.. He doesn't know this yet.. I never even told him I was transgender and we known each other for 4 years now. I think he'll hate me if I told him and lose interest in me.. We do have a lot of things in common such as drawing, writing, collecting, and the same taste in video games.. He's almost like my twin in a way, I think the only thing we don't share of interest is sports.. He loves football, basketball, and baseball.. I can't stand watching sports I find them very boring.. I just very afraid that if I tell him about wanting a sex change he'll not even want to be friends anymore.. He just told me today that he loved me.. but I know for a fact he's not into guys.. I'm so very confused and very unsure if I should tell him.. I like him a lot, but I'm not sure about loving him yet.. I feel like i'm living a lie if I don't tell him... But on the other hand I know it would be the right thing to do... But I really don't want to lose a awesome friend..  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:57 pm
The good thing is you don't know how he will react. That means you don't have to necessarily lose him, if you tell him the truth. You know each other for quite some time now and by what you tell it seems like he's really into you.

If I were in your shoes, concealing the fact that I don't feel comfortable with my biological gender would slowly destroy me from the inside (I assume you are absolutely sure about your gender identity). I would have to tell him the facts.

He may feel hurt because you reject his advance and confused because it may catch him by surpise, but he is still your friend and as a friend he'll understand. Just make sure to explains things thoroughly, how you feel about yourself and what you feel for him, he needs to realize how important he is to you.

If he loses interest in you as a friend just because of that, what would that tell you about him?  

MadPad

Fluffy Cat

Saint Sims
Crew

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

11,865 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:21 am
You just have to explain to him what you did to us.

You told us how he felt, you told how you felt.

You shared with us your fears but also the potential gains from being honest.

In any situation it's always best to be upfront and open with whomever.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:35 am
Ok...

If he is really your friend and loves you then he will understand, or at least try to. If he can't do that then it was a false thing to begin with.

My mate is male and wishes to have their gender changed to female, and I am perfectly fine with that. To me it's still my mate regardless of what they look like or what parts they have. Relationships shouldn't be centered around that anyways... and should be about loving each other.

Ultimately if you want to stay with him in an official capacity more than just a friend you WILL have to tell him one day. Might as well tell him now before you become romantically involved any more than at the moment and cause a problem.  

Jaxinc

Business Browser

3,800 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Market Browser 100

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:37 pm
Jaxinc
Relationships shouldn't be centered around that anyways... and should be about loving each other.

Chemistry is a big part of many relationships. My fiancee is madly in love with me. But if I decided that I wanted to get rid of my lady bits for male bits, then we would have a huge problem because he wouldn't be attracted to me. Attraction and a healthy sex life is important to both of us.

It's great you'd be attracted to your mate no matter what parts they have. But not everyone is capable of doing that. It seems a bit unfair to expect people to be capable of that.

OP, yes, you need to tell him and the sooner the better. Especially before the relationship progresses.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:51 pm
There's no point in masking it honestly. If you continue and pursue without letting him know you're starting off on the wrong foot which will then probably make it harder for you to tell later.

It sounds painfully cliche but if he is truly interested he was remain regardless; if he chooses not to, I'm sure he's missing out on a great person and an excellent opportunity~  

Temblar

Golden Phantom

Jaxinc

Business Browser

3,800 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:35 pm
Lady Kayura
Jaxinc
Relationships shouldn't be centered around that anyways... and should be about loving each other.

Chemistry is a big part of many relationships. My fiancee is madly in love with me. But if I decided that I wanted to get rid of my lady bits for male bits, then we would have a huge problem because he wouldn't be attracted to me. Attraction and a healthy sex life is important to both of us.

It's great you'd be attracted to your mate no matter what parts they have. But not everyone is capable of doing that. It seems a bit unfair to expect people to be capable of that.

Oh no that's understandable as physical attraction is the common base for most relationships and always has been. I was just pointing out that it shouldn't be the center of the relationship.

From a different point of view if you were in an accident causing you to lose your bits would it cause your mate to love you any less, or not find you attractive? It shouldn't as you're the same person they were first attracted to and fell in love with. This was more my point, and not that it should be expected because it certainly is not expected by most.

I'm slightly different being as I'm pansexual, and gender or appearance is meaningless to me.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:21 am
Jaxinc

Oh no that's understandable as physical attraction is the common base for most relationships and always has been. I was just pointing out that it shouldn't be the center of the relationship.

From a different point of view if you were in an accident causing you to lose your bits would it cause your mate to love you any less, or not find you attractive? It shouldn't as you're the same person they were first attracted to and fell in love with. This was more my point, and not that it should be expected because it certainly is not expected by most.

I'm slightly different being as I'm pansexual, and gender or appearance is meaningless to me.

There is a HUGE difference between being in an accident and being disfigured and willingly choosing to change your biological anatomy. So much so that I find it unfair to compare the two. Apples and oranges, mate.

One would need to endure one hell of an accident that would require something comparable to changing one's naughty bits. One could get cancer and need surgeries that could change such. I've taken care of such patients. But again, the cancers that would change that are fairly rare.

To go back to my boything, losing arms/legs wouldn't faze him. Being facially disfigured wouldn't faze him. But as a very straight male, taking my female bits away and adding a p***s would. And no accident or disease could do that to me. That said, my boything is a lot more awesome than most people. Some people wouldn't be able to deal with such disfigurement or physical changes. And that'd suck. But the point remains that an accident/disease isn't comparable to a sex change.

If the OP's crush is a very straight male and likes lady bits, knowing what the OP wants to do might kill the attraction. It may not. It'd be great if it didn't. But he can't be faulted for it. Now if the crush decides to hate on the OP because of his choice, that he can be faulted for. If he ends the friendship over that, that he can be faulted for. But not for NOT having an attraction to man bits.

EDIT: It's early as hell.

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300

Jaxinc

Business Browser

3,800 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:30 am
Lady Kayura

There is a HUGE difference between being in an accident and being disfigured and willingly choosing to change your biological anatomy. So much so that I find it unfair to compare the two. Apples and oranges, mate.

One would need to endure one hell of an accident that would require something comparable to changing one's naughty bits. One could get cancer and need surgeries that could change such. I've taken care of such patients. But again, the cancers that would change that are fairly rare.

To go back to my boything, losing arms/legs wouldn't faze him. Being facially disfigured wouldn't faze him. But as a very straight male, taking my female bits away and adding a p***s would. And no accident or disease could do that to me. That said, my boything is a lot more awesome than most people. Some people wouldn't be able to deal with such disfigurement or physical changes. And that'd suck. But the point remains that an accident/disease isn't comparable to a sex change.

If the OP's crush is a very straight male and likes lady bits, knowing what the OP wants to do might kill the attraction. It may not. It'd be great if it didn't. But he can't be faulted for it. Now if the crush decides to hate on the OP because of his choice, that he can be faulted for. If he ends the friendship over that, that he can be faulted for. But not for still having an attraction.

I fail at making good analogies unfortunately lol

I agree on the bolded points.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:28 am
I'm bi so I understand a bit where you are coming from.  

Pia Austin

Dedicated Consumer

8,550 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Lavish Tipper 200
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items