My Two Friends

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sparky Lily

O.G. Shopper

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:40 am
Okey, like, my two friends totally like each other. But, like, in our group of friends we have a huge age gap and it just so happens that the youngest likes the oldest. Its not a bad thing!! Like, its totally not a bad thing cause these two are totally perfect for eachother, but like, the whole under aged thing??

Does anyone have any advice on how they should handle it?? Like, they haven't told each other they like each other and this is totally the one thing standing in the way!!

gonk

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:09 pm
Well, to me, personally, an age gap isn't that big of a deal unless it's a good 15+ years. (This is really just my opinion on the matter.)

First off, you should always be aware of the law. What's the legal age difference an 18 year old can engage in sexual relations with someone younger than them? In some states, it's 2 years (with a 16 year old.) If the age gap is much larger, they have to consider that if they are to become sexually active with each other, then they are technically breaking the law. In my opinion, age isn't really that big of a deal, so long as they are staying safe.

If they like each other, then age shouldn't be a problem. A couple of years difference is common in most couples, I think—but when it comes to teenagers (I'm assuming you are in high school) then it's the maturity factor that is the most problematic.

The way I feel that they should go about it is just taking their relationship really slow; have some nice, romantic dates and see how they feel about it. This also counts their relationship sexually; both of them are probably super horny and want to take things really fast when the passion escalates, but I seriously advise against this because 1) one/both of them is very young and 2) you should always discuss the matter beforehand and make sure that they are using protection/contraception, with a backup plan if ever the case arises.

This advice is coming from a girl who dated an 18 year old when she was 15. We did not have sex throughout our 7 month relationship—we had sex years after we broke up when I was 17-almost-18. In hindsight, it wasn't that good of a relationship due to our different personalities, but I feel that it was a good first relationship for me to get some experience in romantic relationships.

Marnomy

Pure-hearted Pumpkin

Sparky Lily

O.G. Shopper

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:38 pm
Thanks for the advice, Marnomy. heart I'm totally clueless in these situations. That information about the age gap was really helpful!! My friends are 25 and 17, so like they don't count for that 2 year thing.

: ' (

{I'm 28!! LoL!!} I totally want them to be safe, but like I want them to be happy too. The older one is totally trying to shut down their feelings cause they think the situation isn't right because of the age gap, but for years they've been preaching "You're only as old as you mature." So, like, I'm trying to get them to follow their own advice!!

I totally know they'd be sooooo cuuuuuteee together!! heart Time isn't on their side though~

24. ✿ - - - Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games