Submit

kaela2015

Sparkly Friend

11,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:31 pm
Hey! So my Ring Dance (Junior prom) is themed Midnight Masqerade. I have the dress, and i have picked out the mask, but i want lace gloves. Help me pick one maybe?

In this list are a few glove selections, my dress, and my mask. please tell me which pair of gloves you think look best

dress
mask
long gloves

wrist gloves
fingerless wrist gloves

NOTE: I got a black ribbon for the dress, so instead of the royal blue and silver it is royal blue and black

All help and advice is greatly appreciated!
thankies dearies
!
~ Kaela - Bear

I ended up getting the long gloves :3
thanks for your input!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:53 pm
I really love the first pair (the long ones), but I think that the finger-less ones would go best.

Emo Pankakes

Gracious Gekko

11,500 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

kaela2015

Sparkly Friend

11,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:06 pm
Emo Pankakes
I really love the first pair (the long ones), but I think that the finger-less ones would go best.

They are all very gorgeous! And each have their pros and cons. Its so hard to pick!
thank you for your input! :3  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:47 pm
bump  

kaela2015

Sparkly Friend

11,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

lady mewcat

Mewling Sweetheart

24,975 Points
  • Miasmal Lake Champion 500
  • Miasmal Lake Defender 250
  • Coloring Champion 0
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:08 pm
Sleeveless dresses often go best with elbow length gloves. Don't go fingerless that's just tacky when it comes to prom and any type of dance really, unless of course your going to bars or clubs to dance  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:46 am
Bump!  

kaela2015

Sparkly Friend

11,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

kaela2015

Sparkly Friend

11,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:25 pm
bump  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:43 pm
Ah, I love lace gloves. Vintage clothing is my DEAL.

The mask is lovely, by the way.

In the end, it depends on the impression you want to set, and the overall aesthetic. Honestly, I don't wear gloves with sleeveless dresses period, unless I have some kind of shrug or jacket, but that's more my style than a general rule. If you're dead set on having gloves, consider each pair.

Long Gloves - More stereotypically formal, and the pair you chose is very lovely. However, just in my opinion, if you were going to go with the sleeveless dress and long gloves, it'd be better to have a flat color/design rather than lace. But for your arrangement, the best pair.

Short Gloves - Would be kind of awkard with that dress, though they go perfectly with the mask. If you want to look a little more "cutesy", these would be your pair, but be warned; might lower your look if you're going for really classy.

Fingerless Gloves - I disagree with mewcat, I love fingerless gloves! They don't look tacky at all. However, they do "punk up" a look a bit, and for this one it would be a little more edgy. It would give the same cute effect as the short gloves, but a little sharper, and depending on the shoes you wear it could either come off as bold (toeless heels/pumps) or dominant, "edgier" (boots or closed toed heels that cover the ankle, or anything with metal).

If you want to be what most people do for prom, I'd go with the long gloves. If you want to be quirky, short. If you want a little dash of anti-prom, fingerless. Though it would help the impression to know what shoes you're going to pick, too.  

Lorem Corpus

Manly Shoujo

11,150 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
04. ✿ - - - Fashion And Clothes

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items