A rather odd question..

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Haunting Paranoia

Wheezing Bunny

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:30 am
BEFORE POSTING: Please read the rules for the Religion sub-forum of the guild if you aren't familiar with them. I'm only re-enforcing this because I do know religion is such a touchy subject. I don't want to offend anyone with this question. There will be no arguing tolerated at this thread for I'll read every post received and posted if I have to.

Lately, I've been having a rather odd idea in my head that most would give a definite answer opposing it automatically without giving any thought. I've been thinking, "Hm.. What if I died a virgin? Could it atone for the amount of life-long sins I'll have?" Obviously, yes, I'm still a virgin now and I'm in no place for losing it since I'm only 14. Also, my ideas of sex could always change down the line in a few years as it's normal, right? I'm not rather very religious, nor am I very familiar with the teachings of a church priest, bible, etc. Although, I've been stuck on what should I do as I'm honestly thinking living the rest of my life as a virgin. Please do not post if you think this question is silly, ignorant, or outright stupid. I'm looking for support here as this is important to me.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:38 am
i'm atheist, so i'm not sure about all this, but i personally think it's a good question  

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500

Fauho

Blessed Vampire

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:55 pm
Haunting Paranoia

First of all, I sincerely congratulate you for being brave and expressing your mind.
It is a good question, and I feel myself somewhat reflected as I used to think something very similar at your age (but, in my case, it was because I did not feel sexually attracted to males, later I found out I am a Lesbian, but that's a very different story).

Of course, as you grow, your view of life will change as you experience things and mature. There lays the possibility that you will want to share your body and soul with someone you will love truly, but it is also possible that you decide to remain a virgin. If you decide this, have this in mind: Do it because it makes you happy, because it is something you really want and something you really believe in, never to 'pay in advance' for a bunch of 'sins' you might commit.

Hope my answer helps ♥ have a beautiful day.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:16 pm
I personally don't know of any religion in which retaining your virginity can atone for all the sins in one's life, but I know that in Christianity this is not the case; being a virgin all your life will not save you

can you elaborate a little on "I've been stuck on what I should do"? do you feel a need to do something already about sex? that part is confusing me  

cohn jena

Friendly Friend

Lisiana

Newbie Phantom

5,600 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 1:42 pm
I agree with The musical Gerudo. From what I know as a Catholic, staying a virgin all your life isn't a way to atone all your sins. For me, so that you may be forgiven, you have to first acknowledge and confess what you have sinned against or done something wrong, and then ask for forgiveness. =3  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:44 pm
In a Christianity perspective remaining a virgin the rest of your life will not atone for any sins.

Also, no sin has to be life long biggrin that's the great news! Right this moment, your sins will all be forgiven if you only ask God to forgive your sins and believe that Jesus Christ is the Savior and Son of God who was sent to die for the sin's of the world so that everyone has the chance for Salvation. It's truly an amazing sacrifice that Jesus did for everyone! It's like for example, you are in court and have to pay a fine and some random man walks in and says, "I will pay that fine!" and he pays that fine for you without you even truly knowing him and you are free. The only way that sins will be forgiven is if we ask God to forgive us of those sins and the way to be saved is to believe in Jesus Christ as our Savior.

Actually, in The Holy Bible, it doesn't mention much about being a virgin for life. The Holy Bible actually encourages marriage between a man and woman as well as intimate relationships between that man in woman in marriage. It is better to marry than to burn with lust (1 Corinthians 7:8 - 10).  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500

sorrowfulmaiden

Invisible Citizen

16,300 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:36 pm
like everyone says...being a virgin your whole life will not atone you for all your sins but believe in one god, InsyaAllah, will 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:34 pm
    ••• Happy Halloween

Its not a silly thought of question at all! But I do not think it'd atone for your sins if you are a Christian. Being a Christian I like the thought of waiting till marriage, but having sex before marriage or while not ever married will not send you to hell. Its just another sin, we are human, we sin and its simple as that. So if you want to have sex not being married just make sure you use protection. And if you never want to never have sex so be it. It is your life my dear.

I had silly thoughts in my head as a teenager where I'd say "I don't want to die a virgin, but I want to wait till I find the right guy I plant to marry." I was lucky to find the love of my life at 18 and now we are married. Then again I think I had an ex who put that in my head. I would not do anything with him so he said I would die a virgin and it bugged me till I was 18.....

User Image
User Image  

Annikou

Blessed Gaian

32. ✿ - - - Religious Haven

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out