My Favorite Books, and yours? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ittarius

Noble Traveler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:00 pm
Oohh, I've read Hush, Hush. It was a while back though, and I don't remember much about it. :/
But anyway, all the Harry Potter books, The Great Gatsby, Frankenstein, Fahrenheit 451, The Hobbit, Pride and Prejudice, North and South and The Fault In Our Stars. And Twilight...

Harry Potter because it has pretty much the coolest fantasy world ever, it's written great, has awesome characters and is just generally wonderful.
The Great Gatsby because it's fabulously written- I just couldn't put it down.
Frankenstein because it's so freaking deep and thought provoking.
Fahrenheit 451 because it's written in a really cool and unique way, and because its world is eerily similar to ours (it's a dystopian novel, soo).
The Hobbit because even though it's been years since I've read it, I just loved it. It was so fun!
Pride and Prejudice because it appeals to my sappy side. And I love its humor and posh British-ness. Also, MR. DARCY OMG.
North and South because I love the characters and their interactions, I like the writing style, and it's super sad and amazing. Also MR. THORNTON OMG.
And The Fault In Our Stars because I love the style and that book made me cry more while reading it than every other book I've ever read combined. And that's not even an exaggeration.
And Twilight is just a guilty pleasure. I can't help it. Don't judge me!  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:06 am
Being quite a fan of various mythologies I like Percy Jackson (Reading house of hades) and the kane chronicles.
They are teen fiction.
Umm. A more recent one would be The shiva triology by Amish (reading the third book) .  

myths_rock

Versatile Sex Symbol

7,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200

anticupid16

Desirable Elocutionist

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:56 pm
I really enjoyed Beautiful Creatures when I read it a year or so ago! I have so many books I like though it's hard to pick a few faves...
The Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini is my favorite because you can kind of see the author grow up himself. The first book is kind of childish but considering he wrote the first draft at 15 and published at 18 it's impressive. The further you get in the series, though, the more mature the writing and the main POV character get and then you get other POVs and it's fantastic really if you can stick it out through the first book and a half then you're going to be happy.
I also really like The PIcture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde because it's purely hilarious. I like The Hunchback of Notre Dame by Victor Hugo and Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte for much the same reasons. They have witty dialogs and comical situations that just amuse me.
Ash by Malinda Lo is really good, too. It's essentially a retelling of Cinderella with a pleasant twist in who the "prince" turns out to be.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:38 pm
Hmm.. Hard to choose...

I like War Crimes, the WoW novel that I've been re-reading, The Art of War book that I've wanted to read constantly and I've been using it to help me with video games and just basically plans characters have in short stories I've been writing...

Oh, and The Giver quartet, Fablehaven... Divergent...

Tons of books, basically. Also, if tabletop RPG rulebooks count, I have the original Warhammer: fantasy Roleplay book and a book called Challenger: Roleplaying Game Core Rules. They're awesome :3  

Akoti

Friendly Friend

GabbieJoJo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:12 pm
I don't really read a lot but my 3 favorite books would have to be The Giver, Blood Is Thicker Then Water and The Gamer Girl!  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:52 pm
Oh, so many books! So many good ones have been listed already. But my very favourite series has to be The Chaos Walking trilogy. Too beautiful.  

possom4444

Pal

Levina-jade

Lady Bunny

33,515 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:32 am
I could go on and on and on about books i've read and love! (I make it a point to read over 50 books a year.) humm my top three:
1. Summers at Castle Auburn, by Sharon Shinn
2. The Alpha and Omega series, by Patricia Briggs
3. The 12 hundred kingdoms series by Mercedes Lackey

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:19 am
My favorite books are: Guardian and Nights in the Rodanthe by the same author, Nicholas Sparks  

Account_Removed03

Wealthy Businesswoman

10,175 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Millionaire 200
18. ✿ - - - Books

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items