Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply Off-Topic
Life in the real world

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

A salary for your therapy
  Yay, I got paid to listen to you whine! (Easy money)
View Results

NegaScott_7x7

O.G. Shapeshifter

7,800 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:27 am
Okay so, here's the story. My mom wants to move to another city and I absolutely refuse to go. There's nothing there for me in this other city and this is just the perfect place for me. So now this forces me to get a job and all, which was going to happen anyway but I must admit that I am terrified of having to support myself. I mean, I'm excited too, but its just really scary and stressful. But it also doesn't help that she's really not giving me any time to find a job and at least save a little money.

So I just wanted to know how you other people do it, did it or plan to do it? Do you have any useful bits of experience that would help me? Because this is totally unplanned for me. My mom literally just decided a week ago, without telling me until now that she wanted to move and that she's looking at places within the week which effects everything in my life including going to school and working.

I'm just very scared...Like to the point of crying.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:32 am
Hey I know what your going through. I just found out last week that I am moving right after I finish this semester at school. Try finding a friend you can stay with till you can get a job and some money saved up to find your own place.  

Crazy_Evil_Mother7

Ferocious Sweetheart

II-Cruel Intentions

Desirable Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:35 am
I know how you feel after I graduated high school I was terrified I actually started crying at my graduation party. I started college and now my grandma is pushing for me to get a job and start supporting myself. I want to be on my own, but at the same time I'm really scared I won't be able to take care of myself.. Which is why I haven't been really looking hard for a job, even though I really need one.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:38 am
PrettyxOdd-xX
I know how you feel after I graduated high school I was terrified I actually started crying at my graduation party. I started college and now my grandma is pushing for me to get a job and start supporting myself. I want to be on my own, but at the same time I'm really scared I won't be able to take care of myself.. Which is why I haven't been really looking hard for a job, even though I really need one.

Yeah I know how that is. I've been doing that this entire time. But I kind of had an excuse which was that I couldn't even compete because I didn't at least have a GED, which was very true, but now I have one so I really need to start looking. Maybe something in the zodiac is telling me this is the time lol

I mean, I've had a job before and live somewhere other than with my mom, but I still didn't have to pay rent and stuff like that. I was still being supported by others. So yeah, its something we all have to do I just wish is wasn't so intimidating.  

NegaScott_7x7

O.G. Shapeshifter

7,800 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200

II-Cruel Intentions

Desirable Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:51 am
NegaScott_7x7
PrettyxOdd-xX

Yeah I know how that is. I've been doing that this entire time. But I kind of had an excuse which was that I couldn't even compete because I didn't at least have a GED, which was very true, but now I have one so I really need to start looking. Maybe something in the zodiac is telling me this is the time lol

I mean, I've had a job before and live somewhere other than with my mom, but I still didn't have to pay rent and stuff like that. I was still being supported by others. So yeah, its something we all have to do I just wish is wasn't so intimidating.

I've never had job, everything I've ever need has always been provided for me. I'm just not really ready to grow up yet.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:14 pm
We're moving very soon. I'm currently staying with my dad. I'm homeschooled, so maybe it shouldn't matter, but I'm a little bit scared. I've been here for over three years now, so it's weird to picture myself anywhere else. I can say, though, that every time something changes in my life I think of it as a new adventure. I think of it as excitement and new experiences. It lightens the mood a little bit.  

Noelia Duske

Off-Topic

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff