Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply Off-Topic
Part-Time Friends

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Masamune Breaker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:40 am
Back in high school, they were the people who only talked to you in the class where you sat side-by-side, but they'd have nothing to do with you during lunch.

Online, they're the people who only talk to you when you're in a good mood and when they feel like laughing and joking and carrying on. If you're upset, they can't take you seriously. If they're upset, they just won't talk to you. It doesn't matter if you're just bummed, or if a really serious event has happened that is causing you stress. They only associate with you when everything's peachy. Whatever your problem is (they don't bother to ask) they just say "Oh, it's fine, don't worry about it." People you can never be close to no matter how much you talk.

Is there anything more frustrating than being really upset or depressed or mad or otherwise severely bothered and in need of someone to talk to, and only part-time friends are online! (Or home/answering their phone/whatever for you real-lifers.) Is it just me? Does this happen to anyone else? [____]<

Someone is there to talk to, but you can't talk about what's bothering you. They won't listen; they'll only say "Aw, it's okay!" over and over like your problem (that they know nothing about because they don't seem interested in hearing about it) is nothing. Or, they act like their own problems are the worst that can ever happen so whatever is wrong with you can't possibly be as bad as what they're going through so get over it (and again, they don't even ask, just assume).

*EXPLODES*

-confetti slivers of scarf rain down in tattered bits-

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:18 am
It has, but I do my best to consider why a person does that. There could be more than one reason other than them not caring. They may very well care, but have problems coping with what someone is telling them, for one reason or another. Of course, this is hard for me to remember; I am a very emotional person, and when I want to confide in someone, I do silently demand their full attention. If I'm given the impression that someone isn't listening, either through action or words, I get upset. It's because of this that I think it's very important to not allow my emotions to get in the way of understanding why the other party is behaving the way they are.

Perhaps they also need someone to confide in. smile You never know.  

Sea Thrift

Hygienic Browser

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:48 am
i always say "aww, it will be ok" when i dont know what else to say. it doesnt mean i dont care or that im not listening, just sometimes thats all i know to say. ive never been the best in social situations  
Off-Topic

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games