Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 24. ✿ - - - Life Issues
Anyone with ADD/ADHD? How do you manage?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

the mage-girl

Magical Marshmallow

22,600 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Monster Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:04 am
Having a real hard time getting anything done. cry

Ideas?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:55 am
I got ADHD

So what are you having a problem with getting done?

Kitty of Music

Lucky Star

the mage-girl

Magical Marshmallow

22,600 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Monster Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:15 am
Everything, Kitty. sad

I need to do something constructive today because it's good for my mood, but I am having a hard time getting motivated.

I scheduled both fun things (working on my cross-stitch, reading) along with the not-so-fun (making my bed, doing my physical therapy, vacuuming the front room).

I finally got a shower in, now I don't know where to start. Someone advised me to do something for 15 minutes, then take a break. Also, to schedule small, straightforward tasks rather than big complex ones. I may have to try that.

I see my therapist tomorrow (weather permitting) and my med provider on Friday, so that's good, at least.

Thank you for replying. smile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:23 pm
Have you tried to routine your everyday life to help with some issues? This is a method used to help sort some things out.

Also if you try to break things down into segments and then reward yourself with little things like "I am going to get this section of floor done before I do my cross-stitch" as it is a very useful method.

And with the segments you can also try and time yourself and give yourself a better reward or a longer reward if you manage to do it within a certain time.

I'm sure that I can come up with more, but these are the two main ones that help me.

Edit - If you want some more advice then feel free to message me, as things like meds I'm not so keen to talk about in the forums but I'll happily talk to you about my experiences with them through PMs. (Keep in mind I'm not a doctor and all advice is based off of personal experience and research)  

TemperamentalGoddess

Shadowy Lover

the mage-girl

Magical Marshmallow

22,600 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Monster Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:51 am
Great ideas! 3nodding

Thank you!  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:08 pm
Your welcome ^^  

TemperamentalGoddess

Shadowy Lover

nicollexhollywood

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 9:41 pm
Skaterneogirl
Have you tried to routine your everyday life to help with some issues? This is a method used to help sort some things out.

Also if you try to break things down into segments and then reward yourself with little things like "I am going to get this section of floor done before I do my cross-stitch" as it is a very useful method.

And with the segments you can also try and time yourself and give yourself a better reward or a longer reward if you manage to do it within a certain time.

I'm sure that I can come up with more, but these are the two main ones that help me.

Edit - If you want some more advice then feel free to message me, as things like meds I'm not so keen to talk about in the forums but I'll happily talk to you about my experiences with them through PMs. (Keep in mind I'm not a doctor and all advice is based off of personal experience and research)

shes right. i have been SEVERE ADD/ADHD/OCD since about 2nd grade and im 24 now, no meds have ever really helped me. you really do just have to break it down into small segments. for me, if i try to think about all the things i have to get done, its just too much and too overwhelming. just take it piece by piece each day. wish you the best of luck sweetie!  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:12 am
I also agree with the "breaking every single task down into insanely small segments" comments. Write lists. Write down everything you need to do, keep writing down what you need to do whenever you remember you need to do it, I end up with lists scribbled on everything. Oh, also, this might seem weird, but earplugs really help me to focus a little better because somehow they block out some of my internal thoughts that distract me, lol.  

Eleiza0250

Shy Genius

12,950 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Bookworm 100

the mage-girl

Magical Marshmallow

22,600 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Monster Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:06 am
Thank you ladies! smile

I never thought about earplugs. I use earphones when I have to be out in public too much - being out is very anxiety-provoking.

Just started a day program, which seems to be good for me so far. Trying to work up to going twice a week, but it may not happen this week. I have a bad toothache. sad Just got antibiotics/ibuprofen yesterday.

Take care!  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:53 pm
tell us how it goes!  

Eleiza0250

Shy Genius

12,950 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Bookworm 100
24. ✿ - - - Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff