Submit

Joi Sakazaki

Kawaii Consumer

6,500 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:54 am
Hello Ladies! I wanted to try and start a fun conversation about feminism here with you all! So, as our starter question "What is Feminism to you?"

Google definition of Feminism: fem·i·nism
/ˈfeməˌnizəm/
Noun
The advocacy of women's rights on the grounds of political, social, and economic equality to men.

How do you feel about feminism? smile

Rules: Keep it peaceful! I don't want no feminist sex wars going on in here! wink  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:16 am
I feel that it's kind of assumed that the average person would be a feminism supporter, I haven't met too many people (man or woman) that actually want to make women stay inferior to men forever. However, if more people were aware of problems that women still face, such as making less than a man at the same job, there would be more advocates out there trying to change that. People just aren't aware or don't believe it's a burning issue compared to other social issues.

It's kind of silly that when one thinks of a feminist, it's the trope of an anti-male psycho that wants to be superior to men rather than equal. I don't think it's like that at all.

getmeoffthishellsite

Hot Lop

THE_FAIRY_EMPRESS
Vice Captain

Original Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:58 am
Moving to the debate sub heart  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:48 pm
The thing about feminism is that it's quite a broad spectrum that's molded and evolved over the years. It used to be about equality, but nowadays it seems to be advocating more for female superiority than equality. Feminism to me is sexism with a bias for the female gender. It is actually not a movement to raise up women, but to put down men. I am in no way saying that there's anything wrong with feminism or the feminist movement; I'm just saying that it's lost its course over the course of time. I'll be the first to admit that I'm extremely sexist and I do think that women are superior in every form. I advocate for women's rights even if it means stepping on the rights of men. Do I think it's right to step on the rights of a person because of gender? No. Do i still feel that way with no intent of changing my views? Yes. The thing is, feminism and sexism have come to be forcefully merged into one being; it needs to be separated so that as women we can fight for equality. Let's face it; it's a man's world right now, and the sexist version of feminism that's being used as a sword as of right now isn't going to change anything.

Sorry; I got off on a tangent there. >///< This is a topic I quite enjoy discussing and debating (pleasant debate of course).  

darlindol17

Bashful Cutie-Pie

7,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150

Jin-is-supreme

Tipsy Humorist

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:24 pm
I think we all need a crash course in the history and different waves of feminism first, before our opinions color the meaning of the movement for others too much.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:17 am
Loshka
I think we all need a crash course in the history and different waves of feminism first, before our opinions color the meaning of the movement for others too much.

I agree, I learnt a little about feminism in Britain and felt it their actions were just. Some people today are over the top pro-feminist without reason. Just bullying and judging all males.  

Hatchet_90

Dedicated Friend

Hypnospace

Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:30 am
I honestly dislike feminism, but hey if its your thing I don't mind.  
20. ✿ - - - Debating

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games