Liisukas

Invisible Raccoon

48,675 Points
  • Alchemy Level 7 100
  • Brilliant Light 450
  • Who's The Boss Now? 300
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:43 pm
Lets start from the beginning..
Just so you all know, English is not my first language.
I'm graduating from high school this year and one of the 5 exams that I chose was English.
The writing part is not that bad, we even had a mock-exam to that part and I did quite well, but now I'm terrified of the oral part of the real exam.

You see, today we started practicing the oral part( It consists of:
*a warm-up part where the examiner asks questions about hobbies,weather- just anything random to make the examinee more comfortable
*a monologue about a statement, saying etc. -2 minutes(its quite difficult because there's only 3 minutes to prepare and it has to be built up like an essay -_-'' and you have to talk fluently of course.. )
*a role-play between the examiner and examinee , where the student hast to interview the teacher about something with the prompts given.)

but what happened was that I completely froze. I couldn't even form the easiest sentences and didn't have any ideas..it was like my mind was a blank page gonk
I guess it's because I haven't practiced my English for quite a while, to be honest I haven't even written in English lately(haven't talked to anyone in Gaia or anywhere else).

So please, come and talk to me, help me out, or give me any other solutions to this problem rolleyes

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:51 pm
I guess just hold conversations in English rather than your native language.

I had the same problem when I took German. It was an online class too so it made it harder to learn how to speak it.

Practice English orally and I'm sure you'll do fine.  

Frezeal

Shameless Elder

hoenest

Darling

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:52 pm
well, all i have to say is practice English, like lots. you never learn unless you practice. take a deep breath, exercise by looking at make shift prompts and make your extemporaneous oral. you'll be fine.  
29. ✿ - - - School and Work

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games