Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Christian Advice
Telling People My Secret

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CheyenneServant

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:40 pm
At age 10 I realized that I was bi sexual and at 16 (I'm now 17) I knew I had to give it up for God. So I started praying away my feelings and urges and then I became straight. How do I go about telling people my testimony? So far they think I'm crazy. I was not confused or anything but really was a homosexual.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:48 pm
...Honestly? I'm not sure you should on this one.

Many homosexual/bisexual/other people honestly believe they're right in their feelings, in pretty much the exact same way that Christians believe they are right. Problem is, most religious views on the matter tend to talk about this stuff like it's a disease, or there's something inherently wrong with people... which, even if you think it's true, tends to come across really negatively. This is doubly so among those who think it's biological and just the way they are, because an outsider's opposing view can sound like "You are wrong just by existing and we think you're disgusting because of it". Probably... not the best approach if you really want to convert people.

At the very least, I think it's best to focus on a more positive side of things. Like, even if people aren't perfect, God accepts them despite their imperfections. ^^ Maybe it's better focus on other things and just let them make decisions on their own?  

Rednal

9,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Servant Reborn

Devout Worshipper

12,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:15 pm
The Holy Spirit will open your mouth and you will speak. You don't need to..censor your message. People don't believe when I tell them I saw angels, or that I was born 5.5 months premature, but those things happened. Only God changes hearts. Why do you think Lazarus the rich person was not allowed to go back to warn his family about suffering? It was because people would not even believe someone coming back to life, just as we have people who died and came back, but people don't believe them in this age either.

When you are filled with the Holy Spirit, trusting God, you'll know what to say and how to say it. Remember He is always with you. heart It is not our job to be pleasant and inoffensive, but to speak the truth no matter what. Don't be ashamed. heart  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:39 pm
Servant Reborn
The Holy Spirit will open your mouth and you will speak. You don't need to..censor your message. People don't believe when I tell them I saw angels, or that I was born 5.5 months premature, but those things happened. Only God changes hearts. Why do you think Lazarus the rich person was not allowed to go back to warn his family about suffering? It was because people would not even believe someone coming back to life, just as we have people who died and came back, but people don't believe them in this age either.

When you are filled with the Holy Spirit, trusting God, you'll know what to say and how to say it. Remember He is always with you. heart It is not our job to be pleasant and inoffensive, but to speak the truth no matter what. Don't be ashamed. heart

What your saying is right. Just one correction, Lazarus was not the rich man, but Dives. And people won't believe as well, because we all have free will. We all know that they don't have too, so never give up hoping. biggrin You should also Pray on this matter, rejoicing that you personally know out God. Pray knowing that God will give you the answer do not worry how it will come out, Our Lord and Savior Jesus will fill your mouth with what you should say.

I know you are not ashamed of your testimony, and I pray that you'll never be.
I was sexually molested as a very child by a female sibling of mine; which led me to constantly fight thoughts of being a bi or a lesbian. I never accepted either idea, because I knew it was of the devil. I was ashamed of myself because of what she did to me and how I couldn't stop the recurring thoughts and memories, and often thought of ways to kill myself, but I continued to fight for my freedom, praying that I'd be free from my thoughts and radical actions.

I thank the Lord Jesus Christ that my parents are Christians and Pastors, giving their lives to Jesus daily because If I had seen them doubting God ,I would have fallen through the cracks as well.
Keep Your faith in Christ, Let God lead you through every moment in your every day life. I pray God never lets you fail in giving Him glory and praise in every aspect of your life, Sister*~<3 heart
God Bless all of you, may the lord fill you with all of His Praise!*~<3  

mindviperitachi

Mewling Beau

10,890 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Christian Advice

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers