Yes
  No
  Possibly?
View Results

you are my disease

Beloved Enabler

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:18 pm
I don't know if I'm putting this in the right area... but I'm just wondering:

Has anyone felt like they found their soul mate?

I think I may have, but the issue is that he's happily taken by another. This man, I'll call him... Kip, is the only person I have ever felt a strong, deep, pure connection with. I've known Kip for years now.. about 4, though we skipped a few years of talking since we are both so busy and live far from each other. Never before and never after, have I felt such an intense feeling towards anyone like I do him. He knows my feelings towards him, but is completely in love with his girlfriend- who he got together with shortly after I became close with him.

The odd thing is, I'm happy for him. I'm so happy that he is happy, and I don't want to change anything in his life for my benefit. It is enough for me to just be a close friend. And yet I can't help but feel like I'll never find someone who I can so closely relate to, who I can tell everything to. I have a boyfriend, and have been with him for almost 2 years. I feel bad that I have a stronger connection to Kip than to him. But at the same time, I feel as though Kip is a great, dear, best friend/brother and that I shouldn't compare the two, because they are completely different types of love.

It's so confusing! I'm worried that I'm reading my emotions wrong. Maybe I don't love Kip in a "soul mate" way but in the best friend/brother way. I wish there was a clear definition of different types of love. "If you feel like this, then it's this." sort of thing. I know this isn't possible (psychology major), but it would really be useful in this situation!

What do you think? Is there different types of love? Are some greater than others? Is it okay to feel a stronger connection to someone who is not your potential future husband?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:41 pm
I think there are different types of soul mates, same as there are different types of love. What I feel for Nick isn't the same as what I feel for my best male friend, nor my cousins.

I think you're lucky to have such a special person in your life.  

Isis Sister Of Osiris

Lonely Girl

15,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cash Grabber 500
24. ✿ - - - Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items