Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
My little brother made me a bit proud...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mystic Jericho

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:25 pm
We were watching Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World today, and a scene comes up where the title character is in bed with his gay room mate, Wallace, and Wallace's boytoys. At first my brother asked "Why is he in bed with all those guys?" and the it dawned upon him, "Oh yeah, Wallace is gay".

My brother is 9, and any other 9 year old in my area would make fun of the characters, and call them rude things, and even say that's disgusting. But no, not my brother. He just accepts that gay people ARE people, and that it's perfectly okay.

I'm proud of him, for being different among some of the people in his class, and even our school. This might not seem much to others, but the way he just said "Oh yeah, Wallace is gay" like it was no big deal to him, or anybody else, made me happy for him.

He's the only one in my family I'm certain that is a-okay with homosexuals, and that frightens me a bit. Every one else always seems to have mixed views, but I'll always know my little brother is accepting. I mean, if he can accept Wallace as being gay, it shouldn't be much harder to accept that his caring brother is gay, right?

Anyways, this was just a small moment in my life that made me happy smile
You may continue on now/  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:44 pm
That is touching. Does your brother yet know you are gay?  

the Winter Nocturne

Riku mason

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 2:26 am
Wycked Wonderland
We were watching Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World today, and a scene comes up where the title character is in bed with his gay room mate, Wallace, and Wallace's boytoys. At first my brother asked "Why is he in bed with all those guys?" and the it dawned upon him, "Oh yeah, Wallace is gay".

My brother is 9, and any other 9 year old in my area would make fun of the characters, and call them rude things, and even say that's disgusting. But no, not my brother. He just accepts that gay people ARE people, and that it's perfectly okay.

I'm proud of him, for being different among some of the people in his class, and even our school. This might not seem much to others, but the way he just said "Oh yeah, Wallace is gay" like it was no big deal to him, or anybody else, made me happy for him.

He's the only one in my family I'm certain that is a-okay with homosexuals, and that frightens me a bit. Every one else always seems to have mixed views, but I'll always know my little brother is accepting. I mean, if he can accept Wallace as being gay, it shouldn't be much harder to accept that his caring brother is gay, right?

You may continue on now/

that is such a nice thing to hear  
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 6:25 am
I just watched that movie yesterday. Wallace is a hoot.  

Sea Thrift

Hygienic Browser

evesse

Beloved Seeker

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 4:56 pm
That's touching. Its really cool.  
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 11:35 am
Scott: that gossipy b***h.
Wallace: you know me. cat_rofl  

kittykaite15

DeathByDyke

Beloved Friend

7,850 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 7:55 pm
Aww omg I wish like my little cousins or someone younger I knew did that. c:  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:16 am
That's cute :3 always nice to hear it. My sister is similar - she has a bisexual older brother with a boyfriend and an older lesbian sister with a girlfriend. Our sexuality isn't an even something she cares about at all smile its just another aspect of humanity to her.  

I AM R U

Savage Fairy

13,250 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Super Tipsy 200

Emo Kuromi Nui

Everyday Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:25 pm
I hope my younger relatives are as accepting as him when their older. heart  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:29 pm
That is sooo cute and awesome. ^^  

Kyla Stern

Romantic Seeker

5,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Fantasy-chan

Dangerous Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:42 am
That's so sweet! >w<
He would have gotten a huge hug from me. I would be so proud to be his sister! My family has mixed views as well. My parents aren't for it, but I know when I decide to come out my sister will be 100% accepting no matter what.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:42 pm
awww how sweet from him heart  

Apier

hexxboyfriend

Wealthy Entrepreneur

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:01 pm
Wycked Wonderland

You may continue on now/

He's going to grow up to be amazing. Your parents taught him right!  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:08 pm
Wallace: HEY!

Scott: ?

Wallace: Ask him if he gets his sloppy seconds

Scott: Do you get your *punch in the face*  

HeyHiHelloolleHiHyeH

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items