Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home
[PRP] All That Glitters Isn't Gold (Kiwi & Lan) [FIN]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xoxomenai

Apocalyptic Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 7:50 pm
Somehow, Kiwi once again found himself in Conquest's area of the clan reserve, lounging beside the rocky outcrop of a small koi pond. It was calming listening to the rush of water across the rocks, to watch the way it flowed clear and clean into the pool below. Even now, it seemed a bit strange to him. Water had been so valuable to the people of Famine. And ... well, Conquest had held so much of it ...

But the water wasn't the only sound. Muttered breaths sighed by his ear, voices catching and dying into the bubbles and gurgles of water over stone. He still had no clue what they were saying, and the thought that it could be about him, only made him tense more.

Gold shimmered in the light, catching the Famine colt's eye. A sharp sense of apprehension rippled through him, but he caught himself as Lan's figure came into view. She looked a bit different today. A bit more mature perhaps. And something in the already ornate clothes that spoke of ... well, Conquest. He nodded his head politely, and uncurled himself back against the ground. "An evening, Lan."

iStoleYurVamps
Is Y2 Lan okay?? >.>

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 11:12 am
She had gone to their makeshift gardens in the hopes of clearing her thoughts. Of coming to inner peace through possible meditation. Yet went the small walk had he tense, had her mind fraught with worry and concern. Invictus had given her some food for though, some parts of it being though to chew and swallow.

The gardens were supposed to help clear her mind, but they did not help much, and the fact that her expression, her mild frustration was shown so clearly on her face despite her trying to mask it was annoying. Arms tucked into sleeves, she stood, lost int thought, only staring at water.

Until she heard her name.

Blinking, her head turned to see Kiwi not far from her, and Lan had a moment of self annoyance to the fact she'd missed him. A small how of her head, eyes went back to the water. "And to you Kiwi. Have you come to enjoy the gardens as well?"
xoxomenai

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

xoxomenai

Apocalyptic Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 2:07 pm
Kiwi smiled, softly. A bit surprised he still knew how to smile, after all the clan had been through of late. "Yes, I have. The water is soothing ... and the gardens beautiful," he admired. His careful eye noticed the way she too seemed unsettled, and a frown resurfaced slowly. He turned his gaze back to the water, listening as whispers cascaded down the rocks. "... To be honest, I've been a bit troubled. I thought perhaps the scenery might help me to find an answer, but so far ..." He shook his head, and fell silent a moment. "Insanity ... where does it come from?? ... how do we stop it?? ... So many questions and no answer."

iStoleYurVamps

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 2:33 pm
Honesty was a noble trait, one she could respect, admire. Lan enjoyed the refreshing knowledge that things might be laid bare and known. But, honestly came at a price. This price one she did not yet know. To hear Kiwi was troubled had her concerned, the mention of insanity... she stiffened. "Sometimes the answers you seek are not the ones you want to hear." Hands folded into her robes as she looked down, any sort of happiness void. Just an expressionless mask.

"I spoke with Invictus of it recently. It was.. enlightening." She left it at that, making a small motion with her head to join her for a walk. "It is a bit... complex of a subject."
xoxomenai

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

xoxomenai

Apocalyptic Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 3:07 pm
There was truth in her answer. Truth, like the memory of something he still didn't quite want to believe was true. Perhaps, the answer to his question was one he wouldn't like ... The whispers almost seemed to grow louder for a flickering moment, then shuddered and shrank, and he turned his head, rising from the pond to follow her down the garden path.

"Invictus?? ..." he noted with a tone of mild awe and apprehension alike. He had once been in the presence of Cymbeline quite regularly, as was the manner of colony soldiers. But since the fall of the clans, the Heirs had become almost nonexistent with their task upholding the clan. He had only briefly glimpsed the Conquest Heir during several battles, and it struck him with sudden curiosity what the Heir might know. "Complex ..." A part of him, understood to some degree how complex the disease was. He had survived it this long with no sign of a cure. But another part of him questioned just how much he knew. It was curious: "Complex how, exactly?? ..."

iStoleYurVamps

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 3:46 pm
She nodded a bit at the name of the heir, followed by a tiny almost unnoticeable sigh. He was just that intimidating, and to think he was the heir of her clan and her cousin no less. Things just got a bit difficult.

"I asked how he had.. dealt with his own affliction, what I might do to aid those touched.. I found I did not like all I heard." Pausing in front of a few yet to bloom water lilies, the tiny frown formed. "What works for one might not work for others. Not all respond the same. This is a truth of many things, yet for insanity... I was told a strong bond it what tethered his majesty to this realm."

xoxomenai

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

xoxomenai

Apocalyptic Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 4:08 pm
A strong bond ... Kiwi's immediate thought went to Mara, his childhood friend. A friend that was now deceased, thanks to a certain group of humans. His strongest bond had been with her ... and she had been swept up into the the Insanity ... if so, what did that say of him?? ... But then his thoughts flickered, to the memory of what Nergui had told him.

Keep your friends close. Yes, he had made many friends since the collapse of the Isles. Friends he could have never dreamed of meeting before. But as Lan had said, what works for one, might not necessarily work for all ... and he still had questions. "Interesting. ... Does it matter what sort of bond?? ... Naturally I assume loved ones. But perhaps there are others ..." He rubbed his chin thoughtfully, his good old Famine curiosity turning the gears in his mind.

iStoleYurVamps

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 5:25 pm
Lan shook her head, not quite sure that she could completely explain it in a way that was highly optimistic. Perhaps because her own concerns were just more than they actually were to her. Fingers ran along silk, enjoying the comforting feeling of simple familiarity.

"I don't think it matters. I was told a bond is needed, a desire also might do the same. Just something to tether you to this world rather than another." A small hair toss, the headdress she wore letting out a few chimes. The sound too, was familiar, comforting. Comfort was just what she needed really.

"What keeps you here Kiwi? Love?"

xoxomenai

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

xoxomenai

Apocalyptic Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 7:03 pm
Love?? ... Kiwi's eyes fell across the garden. He didn't have a clear meaning to the word. He had loved his parents the way a son would. And the only other one he could say he remotely "loved" was dead now. His golden eyes slipped a shade deeper. "No, not love," he answered finally. "But I do cherish my clan. The clan. Our people, and all the friends I have made since the Isles collapsed, yourself included Lan." A smile surfaced for a brief moment. "Perhaps that is ... enough??"

iStoleYurVamps

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 2:27 pm
Lan loved without loving anymore. Such a complex, yet, simple word. A word she hated yet sought out for comfort. Contradictory at best. The mention that she was Kiwi's friend had the faintest smile tugging at her mouth, though her gaze remained fixed on the gardens.

"I find I have more friends than I thought. But, I am not one who can answer that question Kiwi. Only you can. If.. if you were called, would you go? or would you stay? That is the question I guess, we must ask of you, of any of us. Do our hearts define this fate, or can we control it, guide ourselves?" She shook her head.

"I do not enjoy Medea's plans of revenge, hunters are human, time will always be in our favor for that account, yet we are.. lost. We have lost much, and to rise again will take time. Revenge does not always need to be swift after all." Out in the flowers, she watched a mantis wait, swaying back and forth. "Sometimes it is best to wait for your prey to come to you." Blinking she'd realized she'd deviated, shaking her head.
"I talk more than necessary."
xoxomenai

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

xoxomenai

Apocalyptic Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:32 pm
Would he stay?? ... He loved his clan, there was no question in that. If he were forced to choose, his loyalty was to his friends, no matter what. But the Insanity could be a wily thing, creeping up on him at the oddest of moments, and the memories of Mara ... didn't help.

Kiwi listened silently as Lan continued, nodding his head in agreement. "You're fine, Lan. I've not always approved of Medea's methods either ... and I agree, why rush when we are still so unprepared. It's like picking a fight while maimed. The only thing you're sure to gain, is more welts. If we focus now on healing and strengthening what we already have, we can nourish it and grow it into something truly amazing again."

He paused a moment, realizing how long he had been rambling, before adding quietly: "Besides ... I hold no hatred towards the scarelings, but as a horseman, I don't want to be their lapdog either."

iStoleYurVamps

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:51 pm
Lan smiled, the mantis had her prey, an unsuspecting fly. Nature, at it's finest. "Part of why Insanity is so important to me.. I fear what it's loss would signal. Change for what? What would be the price? Is it a true loss? Can it be lost or only...adapted. I see what it has done, how it might become.. a part of someone. Yet I don't know- do I speak to insanity or those I hold dear?"

A heavy sigh, she held out her hand, watching as the mantis climbed onto her finger, fly still in it's jaws.

"The world is often crueler than I anticipate it to be."

xoxomenai

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

xoxomenai

Apocalyptic Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:05 pm
Kiwi's thumbs worked around his skin where his arms were crossed, a solemn expression to his face. He understood what Lan meant, how one afflicted by Insanity could seem to be two separate things at once. Insanity was a disease of the mind, the emotions ... It twisted the truth in the oddest ways, and could make trust seem like a tall mountain to climb ...

"But, perhaps Invictus is right, ..." he answered slowly. "Insanity or not, we are who we choose to be. Whether that is to accept the curse, or to fight against it ... we become what we choose. And if we believe strongly enough in one thing ... perhaps there is the chance that emotion could overrule the other?? ..."

It felt a bit silly, really. But as little as they knew about Insanity, it was worth it to test every possible theory, correct or not.

iStoleYurVamps

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:48 am
Lan didn't know for once if her cousin was right. It wasn't often that she let that small part of her nag, but then, now it was a personal matter. A matter with invested interests and long standing personal emotional ties. It made things difficult. Mostly on herself, by her own creation.

"You ask someone who is uncertain. In the end it is a struggle I can do little for, only support. I can help, I am willing to do a great deal, but even I don't know how things will happen. The future is uncertain."

Very, very uncertain. Lan looked back where the mantis had been, now gone. "We must keep moving, keep trying, keep fighting. At the very least, these things are constant. I don't know of certainties, but I am willing to chance fate. Gambling.. well, I suppose we all must make some small bets hrm?"

xoxomenai

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

xoxomenai

Apocalyptic Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:15 pm
Uncertain. It seemed they were all uncertain of late. Everything was so shifting and unpredictable, like the desert sands themselves.

He had alot to think on, but it felt good to have someone to sound off of. He cast a soft smile to Lan. "I suppose what comes in the future is something we will have to inevitably face. For now however ... I'll do my best. Thank you Lan, for hearing me out."

He bowed his head softly.

iStoleYurVamps
Want to wrap this up now?? ovo <3

{ The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas