Unknown Title

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xXNi-ChanXx

Lonely Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:32 pm
So, now that I am officially done with my spring classes and I don't start my Fall classes until August 26.
I thought I should talk to the owner of the bookstore where I volunteered for a maybe a summer job like in shelving book, but I am not sure how to approach this situation because they sorta dropped me as a volunteer because I didn't go. It wasn't on purpose its just that since this was my first time ACTUALLY going through it that basically school spending time with my bf and family in three days basically ruined it for me. It just was crazy for me. I just couldn't manage a proper time schedule. I actually want to work on this email over the weekend and send it out on either Sunday or Monday. I just don't know what to say to the owner. I love it there. I loved volunteering there. The guy i helped even said that he was impressed how fast I work and get the job done that he said he would put in a good word for me with the owner for a job. I think even my parents and my bf saw how badly I felt when I found out that I got dropped as volunteer. So now I want to go back but maybe hope to finally get a job even if its for the summer for a short time... So I could really use some tips on how to approach this. I want to propose the idea of working there just to shelf books in the upper level(last time I went it looked so abandoned and lonesome that I kinda felt hurt that one was fixing the books.) and also apologize about not showing up during the spring and volunteer so yea... Help please and Thank you.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:30 pm
xXNingyoXx
So, now that I am officially done with my spring classes and I don't start my Fall classes until August 26.
I thought I should talk to the owner of the bookstore where I volunteered for a maybe a summer job like in shelving book, but I am not sure how to approach this situation because they sorta dropped me as a volunteer because I didn't go. It wasn't on purpose its just that since this was my first time ACTUALLY going through it that basically school spending time with my bf and family in three days basically ruined it for me. It just was crazy for me. I just couldn't manage a proper time schedule. I actually want to work on this email over the weekend and send it out on either Sunday or Monday. I just don't know what to say to the owner. I love it there. I loved volunteering there. The guy i helped even said that he was impressed how fast I work and get the job done that he said he would put in a good word for me with the owner for a job. I think even my parents and my bf saw how badly I felt when I found out that I got dropped as volunteer. So now I want to go back but maybe hope to finally get a job even if its for the summer for a short time... So I could really use some tips on how to approach this. I want to propose the idea of working there just to shelf books in the upper level(last time I went it looked so abandoned and lonesome that I kinda felt hurt that one was fixing the books.) and also apologize about not showing up during the spring and volunteer so yea... Help please and Thank you.

Just tell the owner of the bookstore how sorry you are and take responsibility (Adults like it when someone is responsible for their actions= they can be more dependable) Don't tell them a story of why you couldn't show up. Use the K.I.S.S.= Keep It Simple Stupid principle (I was taught this in college)
Now they may not hire you right away. They may make you a volunteer for a short time to see if you are dependable now. If they assign you to other jobs like cleaning. Don't be disappointed or discouraged, do your best and you'll move up.
If you are hired: Think about writing a simple short thank you note to show your gratitude. Thank you notes, are nice to get and some people really appreciate those.
Now I don't when you left, if the owner of the store and you left on good notes (meaning that there are ill feelings, bitterness, or anger, etc.) If it is all good, then your chances are a little better at getting a job.

I have no experience with job stuff at all because I receive SSI and Disability, but I sure hope this helps.  

Shadowless Knight

Invisible Phantom

8,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Millionaire 200
24. ✿ - - - Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items