Submit

Cret-chan
Crew

Timid Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:23 am
I'm bisexual heart

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:27 pm
Panromantic asexual.

I see people as people, and I'm not really sexually attracted to anyone unless I've known them for a long, long time, and they're a genuinely good person. I've only ever had sexual feelings for like two people, maybe? I don't know, I'm just queer, and I don't always like labeling myself.

Sweater Panda

High-functioning Phantom

14,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Sausage Fest 200

TigerLilyChick

Devoted Lovergirl

20,475 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:52 pm
Years ago, I posted in this thread that I am straight. Nearly 3 years ago in late January 2014, I realized that I am bisexual.

How did I feel about it? When I questioned my sexuality the first time (over 6 years ago), I was scared. When I knew I liked a girl for the first time in Fall 2011 (not counting the girl I may or may not have liked), I was scared. When I liked another girl in Fall 2013, I was scared. (TLDR for the most part, I was scared). When I wanted to ask this girl to be my Valentine in spring 2014, I realized "I'm bisexual." I didn't accept myself as bisexual until a few days after Valentine's Day 2014.

I'm not out to many people, especially not out to my family (dad's a conservative and my mom's side of the family is religious. Meanwhile, I'm a raging unapologetic liberal atheist). I'm also definitely not out due to society (both straight and gay society) being very biphobic.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:50 pm
TigerLilyChick
I didn't accept myself as bisexual until a few days after Valentine's Day 2014.

I'm not out to many people, especially not out to my family (dad's a conservative and my mom's side of the family is religious. Meanwhile, I'm a raging unapologetic liberal atheist). I'm also definitely not out due to society (both straight and gay society) being very biphobic.

I'm glad you're at a place where you accept yourself for who you are now. It's a hard journey, even in the LGBTQ+ community. I have definitely gone through the same thing. When I first started coming out as bisexual, people got the wrong idea or just rejected it outright. And my parents' reaction when I told them was: "No, you're not. There's no such thing."  

Sweater Panda

High-functioning Phantom

14,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Sausage Fest 200

TigerLilyChick

Devoted Lovergirl

20,475 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:16 pm
Sweater Panda
TigerLilyChick
I didn't accept myself as bisexual until a few days after Valentine's Day 2014.

I'm glad you're at a place where you accept yourself for who you are now. It's a hard journey, even in the LGBTQ+ community. I have definitely gone through the same thing. When I first started coming out as bisexual, people got the wrong idea or just rejected it outright. And my parents' reaction when I told them was: "No, you're not. There's no such thing."

Another issue I have with coming out would be that I've only been with guys (I was 21 and in my final semester of college when I realized my bisexuality). Partially because I've liked more guys than girls and partially due to not being out to family. Then there's also me wanting to hold off on coming out due to my fears that I'd be seen as being "bisexual until graduation" and then only like guys after graduating. Nope, I've liked a few girls since graduating.

I wish there was a support group that I could join (since I was a part of my college's LGBTQIA during junior and senior years, first as an ally and then a bisexual member), but I'm too old for them (the one in my area is only for people age 13-18 and it seems like that's an issue that's not just in my county).  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:23 pm
TigerLilyChick
Another issue I have with coming out would be that I've only been with guys (I was 21 and in my final semester of college when I realized my bisexuality). Partially because I've liked more guys than girls and partially due to not being out to family. Then there's also me wanting to hold off on coming out due to my fears that I'd be seen as being "bisexual until graduation" and then only like guys after graduating. Nope, I've liked a few girls since graduating.

I wish there was a support group that I could join (since I was a part of my college's LGBTQIA during junior and senior years, first as an ally and then a bisexual member), but I'm too old for them (the one in my area is only for people age 13-18 and it seems like that's an issue that's not just in my county).

Ah, that makes sense as well. It's a common pitfall that I see a lot of people fall into. Just because a bisexual guy or gal enters into a heterosexual relationship doesn't mean that they're not bisexual anymore. It's the most frustrating thing in the world to me. I've withheld coming out to many people because I'm in a long-term relationship with someone of the opposite biological sex (I'm trans, and my boyfriend knows, but it's not something I'm out about). I've even had some people in my high school GSA say some stuff like: "Wait, you can't like girls if you have a boyfriend." Some people can be so ignorant sometimes.

Damn, that really sucks that the group was age-exclusive. Support groups have really helped me and a lot of people I know, so to not be able to find one due to age is really shitty. Some of the people you meet there can become your second family in a way. Hey, at least you have the support of some forums on the internet, if it's any consolation?

Sweater Panda

High-functioning Phantom

14,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Sausage Fest 200

TigerLilyChick

Devoted Lovergirl

20,475 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:52 am
Sweater Panda

Ah, that makes sense as well. It's a common pitfall that I see a lot of people fall into. Just because a bisexual guy or gal enters into a heterosexual relationship doesn't mean that they're not bisexual anymore. It's the most frustrating thing in the world to me. I've withheld coming out to many people because I'm in a long-term relationship with someone of the opposite biological sex (I'm trans, and my boyfriend knows, but it's not something I'm out about). I've even had some people in my high school GSA say some stuff like: "Wait, you can't like girls if you have a boyfriend." Some people can be so ignorant sometimes.

Damn, that really sucks that the group was age-exclusive. Support groups have really helped me and a lot of people I know, so to not be able to find one due to age is really shitty. Some of the people you meet there can become your second family in a way. Hey, at least you have the support of some forums on the internet, if it's any consolation?

I've never been to Pride before, but the ignorance, biphobia, and lack of representation of sexual orientation that isn't gay or lesbian at pride events causes me to not want to go to Pride. I read somewhere that if you want representation at Pride, it starts with you, but that's hard to do when you're not out to family (I still live with my parents). Actually, many LGBT organizations seem to be gay and lesbian only (with trans awareness just starting) and I've heard of bisexuals being kicked out of LGBT spaces due to being in a relationship with someone of a different gender.

I wish there were LGBT support groups for adults, mainly because either people realize their sexual orientation or gender identities later in life (compared to realizing it in middle or high school) or they feel more comfortable being out when they're older compared to when they started realizing they're not straight or cisgender.

Apparently, there was a young adult equivalent of the teen support group in my state, but it no longer exists due to lack of interest. sad People who are interested can e-mail them, but I'll wait until I move out to express interest.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:26 pm
I'm asexual as well. I can't remember when I realized, after high school. AVEN website helped with that. I felt relieved that there was something that existed I could identify with because previously I had no idea what I was.  

Confectionery Puff Rock

10,500 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

soul deus

Shoujo Phantom

13,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:41 pm
I been meaning to find it. But i just don't feel any actraction at all. Like sexually. I think a guy is kinda cute or hot. The same for other women but never not like sexual  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:47 am
I just love souls!  

catsoon

Friend

A_Drawn_Angel

Anxious Phantom

8,300 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:43 am
Hella gay. I thought I was straight, then I thought I was bi, now I realize I'm only into girls. Though if I found someone else who wasn't female that I liked it's not that big of a deal. I suppose it's a majority wins thing in my case.  
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 3:56 pm
Straight

AstridMiriam

Party Browser

13,100 Points
  • Runway First Vote 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Edward 100
15. ✿ - - - Polls And Questions

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff