Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Inspiration
It's ok to feel bad about sin.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

woogie87

Steadfast Informer

9,300 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Defender 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:24 am
Just a love letter of understanding to my brothers and sisters in Christ.
God telling you about the sins of yourself may not feel good at first. But rejoice. If God has ever convicted your soul and your deeds, it is a sign that he is giving you salvation. Yes!!!! I am telling you if you feel like crap that you sinned or about sin in general, something good happened to you! IT MEANS YOU HAVE A NEW RELATIONSHIP WITH SIN< YOU HATE IT! You cannot be sorry or repent, if you don't care that you sin. It is ok to not feel good about sin! That is a good thing! It means you desire what God has to offer you, over living in this screwed up world like the misery of everyone else. You will receive a better life and a better relationship with Jesus through him giving you the grace and power to overcome and resist sin. Jesus conquered it, and evil doesn't want you to know if you knew Jesus you could have a life you never dreamed of. A life without sin. And only through Christ and his true power is this possible. Jesus didn't just die on the cross so you would continue to be involved in a big mess of sin with no end. He does this conviction to lead you to repentance, salvation, righteousness, and abundant life. Each thing you repent of, leads to a more wonderful places with Jesus. Fruits of salvation that is so personal, and connected with God, nothing else matters.
When you feel like crap about sin, I want you to think of Jesus and me. Now where can you go from here? Jesus has a new way for you, a beautiful way of life. That it is ok, to not like sin, and want better for your life. It is a sign that you desire the new life, to be transformed into a new creature and be heaven bound, of the new nature, restoration, and regeneration of the Holy Spirit you could have never been unless GOD WAS REAL WITH YOU!
If you can tackle the hardest things Jesus asked you to do, the rest is a life in his majesty. There is a whole life after the repentance! Repentance, new. Repentance new thing. more new, more different. Leave sin, find life in the kingdom. leave death find life. Do you see? leave the dark, find the light. leave the decayed fruit. Find real rivers of life. Leave the world behind, find the universe in Jesus that his Father is the never ending creator. Leave the things you thought you couldn't. Find the things you never thought of. In a Kingdom in a World without end. Ok Jesus I left the sin, you will say. Great my child this awaits you now....  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:46 am
In the idea of sin. This made a side of choice. However only one thing you had not said had captured my attention... the fact about what is sin..... you say not to repent about it. But the meaning of sin causes this idea to be terminated. Why is that idea terminated? The reason is where sin comes to action. Yes Jesus has conquered the sins of this world. But how? That reason was because it was not his will that did it. But Thy will. Im not saying that this idea isnt bad. But do not forget why repentance was needed in the first place. Do not rejoice to sin... less you are happy that your relationship with God will no longer continue. This should never be.  

Hero just hero

Dangerous Informer

woogie87

Steadfast Informer

9,300 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Jack-pot 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:55 am
Well given this was a Christian guild sorry I assumed we knew what sin was already. My audience was for those struggling with shame and guilt.
Then again I am 26 years old, and have been a Christian a long time. And know since I love Jesus that days knowing at least we are sorry and that it's ok to not feel good. A normal thing. And we can come through that negativity to a new life.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:59 am
Christiankid_leon_
In the idea of sin. This made a side of choice. However only one thing you had not said had captured my attention... the fact about what is sin..... you say not to repent about it. But the meaning of sin causes this idea to be terminated. Why is that idea terminated? The reason is where sin comes to action. Yes Jesus has conquered the sins of this world. But how? That reason was because it was not his will that did it. But Thy will. Im not saying that this idea isnt bad. But do not forget why repentance was needed in the first place. Do not rejoice to sin... less you are happy that your relationship with God will no longer continue. This should never be.

No, I did not say to not repent. I said to repent. I did say that you cannot really repent unless you feel sorry in the first place. You didn't read what I said correctly. Sorry that happened to you.
I did not say rejoice to sin, did you read my post? I said it is good to rejoice that you feel sorry and want to change! That is what repentance means in the original Hebrew. To Turn Towards God. The Greek meaning is to Change One's Mind, Heart, Spirit, And New Action.  

woogie87

Steadfast Informer

9,300 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Jack-pot 100

Hero just hero

Dangerous Informer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:03 am
Remember, not all are Christian. And good that you say what you said. But i did suggested something for you to edit. Glad you read and quoted me. Now i know.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:15 am
She specified she was talking to fellow believers. I don't think she'd take the same approach with nonbelievers, nor did she suggest this is how we speak to nonbelievers.

So, amen. That's very true woogie.  

real eyes realize

Invisible Guildswoman

Inspiration

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas