Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home
[PRP] What's in a name? (Invi and Lan)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:59 pm

Months and months and months and months- Lan had it memorized, front and back but to no avail.

She could not find the name of the cat.

The book had been returned, and she hoped, but knew that soon the inevitable would come. She hoped he might forget, be busy with more important matters. After all, big changes were happening, she couldn't expect Invictus to waste time on her of all horsemen.

But then...

Of course he could.
And would.

Invictus was not forgetful. Busy, unpredictable in many ways, but when he said he was going to do something, he would do so. It was just a matter of when. So later when a messenger arrived, telling her simply that she'd been summoned, Lan was trying to calm her nerves. As she arrived, sat, and waited?

She still didn't know the cat's name.

And stiff as a board, she was starting to internally panic and scream.

Dishonor. Shame. Disappointment. Annoyance-

Lan was going to die.

She was going to Zuko so hard.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:49 pm

Invictus didn't seem surprised that his dear cousin looked so... nervous about the fact that she'd been summoned by him. No, Invictus sat calmly, preparing tea and setting one cup of it - a calm green tea - across the table where she sat.

He himself had no cup prepared, but as were all things he did, a sip of the cup of tea would reveal nothing but perfection with the art. As was the ways of trying to appease a father who was unable to be appeased.

As it was with Invictus becoming the father who was unable to be appeased (except he wasn't a father, d'oh!).

"So, Lan," he greeted quietly, sternly, to the point. "Have you found the answer I've been seeking from you?"

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:22 pm

Tea. Tea was nice. And she was very tempted to just guzzle it down right then and there. But that would mean moving and handling the tea and maybe spilling it on herself and nice robes aside she didn't quite trust her hands not to shake.

A small twitch at the sound of his voice, Lan smiled as best she could. "The one about the um," she hesitated to ask if he was talking about something else, like her place in the clan, but no, that was likely not it, and she knew it.

"The one about the feline's identity?" Ancestors help her.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:25 pm

Invictus' expression remained unchanged as she asked for confirmation.

"Yes. That one."

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:34 pm

Oh gods, it was time. The clock had struck midnight, the final hour- Lan was not prepared for this. "Yes the cat." She was stalling, hesitating, and wasting time.

She really shouldn't be.

A beat of silence.

She sat, as best as she'd been taught.

"............"

She was going to get the disappointed look, she knew it.

"I could not find the cat's name."
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:36 pm

He waited expectantly, though it was only the slightest slope of his shoulders that gave that away. Even as she stalled for time, he remained staring, expression unchanging.

The disappointed look of 'shame' did not come and perhaps that was something to be even more concerned about.

"We see." he answered.

"Did you even find the cat?"

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:02 pm

Lan was waiting for it, so when the look did not appear, it set off a bell. Had she'd done something wrong? She'd-

"Oh!" An edge of excitement leeched into her tone. She had indeed, found the cat. "A few pages into chapter seven. The upper left corner." Conflict. What she utterly lacked among other things. War was not simple. Conquest was not simple.
"....The tail was pointing to the paragraph on certain... aspects of battle I had been ignorant of." Very much ignorant.

Looking down at her dress, she wondered if it was possible to force dissipate by will alone.
Just to avoid shame stare.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:20 pm

He listened to her ramble on about the cat and where she had found it, obviously still skirting around the fact that she hadn't figured out a name for the drawing.

"Well. We appreciate the fact that you didn't try to lie to me and just make up a name for the cat......." he trailed off. "But to be honest, Lan, We've been waiting for you to use the knowledge in the book to figure out what you were supposed to do with this task."

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:55 pm

Lan felt herself biting back a nervous laugh. No, a lie would have had terrible consequences. She was foolish about anythings, but telling a lie? To Invictus of all people? Now that was just flat out crazy and stupid, (which she didn't think she was).

"...I was to learn that not all things can be solved by my will alone? That I must act as part of the um.. herd?" She made the answer into questions, uncertainty build on desire to be right not wrong.

"....That being rash and reckless does more harm than good as well I suspect."

demon_pachabel
{ The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces