Welcome to Gaia! ::

Something Like That

Back to Guilds

Just a bunch of crazy non-humans hanging out. XD 

Tags: random, sexyfine, non-humans, international, hang-out 

Reply Something Like That -- HULLO, EVERYONE! ANGRY KITSUNE IS BACK!
What should I do?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ADSOC

Dangerous Lunatic

10,100 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:46 pm
Recently, I've found myself in a hole... I'm dependent on others, for the time being, to get to and from work and housing. I want to be able to provide for myself and such soon. I was looking at car loans today and I'd have to get an additional full time job [working part time now] to make payments on that loan. Plus, insurance and housing costs. I'd end up working three jobs total. My fiancee can't work because of her back problems and the chance of her getting disability is next to none. The other side to that is she doesn't want to work. I'll be going back to school soon, so I'll need a vehicle regardless... I'm stuck between work and school now.

I've been scolded by my fiancee for sleeping and choosing sleep over everything else. I can't help it that I work nights and I work so much that I don't have enough time to sleep. It doesn't help that she's on Skype all damn night. It's alright for her to complain about not getting enough sleep, but when I start complaining, I get yelled at for sleeping too much. To compensate for the lack of sleep, I've been drinking an abnormal amount of coffee, which has ******** up my heart, again. I haven't told her about the recent heart palpitations..

She and I have been fighting again, and that doesn't help my heart and stress at all. The last fight we had was about how I take things too personally and I can't have fun and laugh at myself. The conversation elevated to a point where she was talking about how much she has changed, yet I cannot. I've changed so much for her, from how I look to how I act, that if a friend from five years ago met me, they wouldn't know who I am. For the most part, it's been good changes such as standing up to my mum.

I don't know... I'm stuck.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:34 pm
depending on where you work vs where you live, you could always take public transportation? I rely on my folks for rides to and from work, so I know how you feel on that *though my situation is kinda personal as to why* and I am sure *no offense* there are jobs your fiancee can probably take that has nothing to do with your back, or there are ways she could learn to cope, my friends fiancee has a messed up back big time, but he works as a computer tech...office jobs you're sitting most of the time, medical transcripting you can do from home...just saying...anyway I hope you get everything straightened out smile  

Waitingforwings6

Angelic Worker

Where Angels Fall

Invisible Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:35 pm
Have you looked into used cars? Looked online for cars? Checked the local paper for cars?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:44 pm
Where Angels Fall

yes, i have. i'm expecting to pay about 5k for a decently used vehicle. i do have one lined up from a friend of the family. it's a matter of when he'll get a new vehicle. i did have my own vehicle, but i couldnt take it out of the state because my mother said no. it was over a decade old and ran and had better gas milage than my mums brand new SUV.

Waitingforwings6

public transportation doesn't stop by the house or dial-a-ride. i work 4am-8am, so public transport doesn't work for me. she wants to go into graphic design, which usually means she'll be sitting for most of the day. its a matter of finding her something temporary until her career starts. we both are going into some cutthroat occupations... i'm thinking of double majoring in fine arts and computer science and going into the video game development industry.  

ADSOC

Dangerous Lunatic

10,100 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Something Like That -- HULLO, EVERYONE! ANGRY KITSUNE IS BACK!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games