Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Christian Advice
Personal question in need of advice.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

_MisaBluexX

Anxious Werewolf

7,800 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:02 am
I am trying to strengthen my religion and be a better person in the eyes of the lord. One thing that I am worried about and wondering if I should change is should I stop having intercourse with my bf? We are not married and I have heard that it is a sin in God's eyes. What if I tell him I want to stop and he leaves me? We have an apartment together and I don't know where I would live if he kicked me out. He also financially supports me so I feel bad about making him change this for me, but I also want to save my soul and be right with the lord. What is your advice?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:18 pm
I personally believe that pre-marital sex is not okay with God. You also need to know that having a sexual relationship with someone also connects you to them spiritually, and a spiritual bond is much stronger than a physical or emotional bond. So if you have sex with one person, then it doesn't work out, and you sleep with someone else - it is considered adultery.

If you truly want to grow as a Christian and be a follower in God, realize that God is your #1, and your boyfriend would be your #2 in this instance. God will always be there for us - He will be there for us during life and He will still be there after we pass away from this Earth. Another person in our lives will only be here for a time and even in worst case scenario when people choose to leave - God will still be there. God doesn't leave, He is always there for us. God must be the center of our lives, even when others wouldn't understand it - we understand it.

Confess your sins to God to start with. This is a good start, even for someone who already is a devout Christian because as human beings, we will make sinful mistakes from time to time. Asking for forgiveness is as important as giving forgiveness.

If you're with a guy that is only with you for the sex then that is not a good thing. Pray before you talk to him about the sexual relations and stick to what is right by God. Tell God about your situation and tell Him you want to make things right. God will listen, and be sure to listen to what He has to say.

Living together is something I personally don't agree with because it can lead to things such as pre-marital sex. If a couple lives together, it makes it all the more tempting because they feel so close, both of you are in the same place, have their own place where no one can just come in and interrupt, etc.

Don't feel bad about making a change in a relationship to turn what is a sin in God's eyes into the right thing to do. Sometimes the thing that is right to do isn't the easiest thing to do.

I cannot give you 100% absolutely correct advice because I do not know what God has specifically planned for your life. Pray about your situation to God, read God's word to see if you can find answers, and listen to what God has to say. There is a right thing to do, and you must search for that for yourself as well. Do not follow man's words alone because they can be wrong whether on purpose or by mistake. Cursed is the man who trusts in man (Jeremiah 17:5-9), for we must always test the spirit (1 John 4:1).  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500

Girl With The Windex Eyes

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:10 pm
What if you consider yourselves married. We would be married if SSI and my health insurance wouldn't be taken away. I'm going to school so I can get a stable job and my own health insurance so we can legally get married. Am I still in the wrong for sleeping with someone I consider to be my life long husband?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:34 am
What if you consider yourselves married. We would be married if SSI and my health insurance wouldn't be taken away. I'm going to school so I can get a stable job and my own health insurance so we can legally get married. Am I still in the wrong for sleeping with someone I consider to be my life long husband?

That is how I feel about my bf. We truly love each other and consider ourselves married already but just can't afford to get married and I am applying for disability myself so it might look bad if I try to get married right away not sure..but it seems wrong not to be able to sleep with the person that you love especially if you don't do it to just do it but because you love one another. I dunno what the right thing truly is. I just know that I deeply love him.  

_MisaBluexX

Anxious Werewolf

7,800 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Person of Interest 200

starry night-163

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:14 pm
_MisaBluexX
I am trying to strengthen my religion and be a better person in the eyes of the lord. One thing that I am worried about and wondering if I should change is should I stop having intercourse with my bf? We are not married and I have heard that it is a sin in God's eyes. What if I tell him I want to stop and he leaves me? We have an apartment together and I don't know where I would live if he kicked me out. He also financially supports me so I feel bad about making him change this for me, but I also want to save my soul and be right with the lord. What is your advice?

One thing I learned is that you have to trust in God and follow what he says no matter what, he'll lead you out of this, put him above all things, you're not wanting to let go of sin, let go and trust in him. Get married to your boyfriend, if you can't, then pray about it but don't sin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ygf3MWEbd3w

Matthew 5:28
But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10
Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

Fornication is a sin and like all sin, it should be repented of and you should place your trust in Christ. If your boyfriend breaks up with you and you get kicked out and have no where to go then don't worry about it, God will provide, if you're trusting in him he will take care of you, if you're left homeless for a while then don't worry about it, trust, God is in complete control of everything, he is sovereign and he knows what you need, he is not ignorant, he will provide you with a home and food and everything but his priority is not your physical well being, it is your spiritual well being he will give you what is good for your spiritual life not your physical life, so that you would be conformed into the image of his son. Jesus said he knows what you need but seek first the kingdom of God and all those physical needs will be added but first seek the kingdom of God. If you don't repent, then you love your sin and your boyfriend more than God and he has become an idol to you and that you too need to repent of but as Jesus said, what shall it profit a man to gain the whole world and yet lose his own soul? you can keep your boyfriend and your "good" life but you will end up in hell because of it and is that worth it? God is worth far more, it's not a question about who wants to go to heaven, it's more like do you want God? You may not end up with your boyfriend because of this and you may end up homeless or something but you follow God no matter what and don't stop trusting in him and following him, obey him and he will guide you to the end. Find a Church, you need a good church solid biblical church with REAL Christians, there are so many false christians it's just sad, but go find a good church and ask them for help and prayers and they should take care of you if you get kicked out, if they truly are saved they will help you. You need fellowship either way, fellowship with the saints (your fellow brothers and sisters in Christ) is EXTREMELY important. I also suggest you don't marry your boyfriend is he is not saved, I believe it's a bad thing, and honestly it just most likely wouldn't work out. Prayer and faith are the most important things here, always pray and always have faith in God no matter what the circumstance, even if it looks like he's not there and not doing anything, trust, he is faithful and has promised he would act for those who wait upon him.

Mark 8:36
what does it profit a man to gain the whole world and forfeit his soul?

Matthew 6:25-34
“Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life? And why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is alive and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? Therefore do not be anxious, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.

“Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

2 Corinthians 6:14-18
Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness? What accord has Christ with Belial? Or what portion does a believer share with an unbeliever? What agreement has the temple of God with idols? For we are the temple of the living God; as God said,

“I will make my dwelling among them and walk among them,

and I will be their God,

and they shall be my people.

Therefore go out from their midst,

and be separate from them, says the Lord,

and touch no unclean thing;

then I will welcome you,

and I will be a father to you,

and you shall be sons and daughters to me,

says the Lord Almighty.”

Philippians 4:6-7
do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Isaiah 64:1-4
Oh that you would rend the heavens and come down,

that the mountains might quake at your presence—

as when fire kindles brushwood

and the fire causes water to boil—

to make your name known to your adversaries,

and that the nations might tremble at your presence!

When you did awesome things that we did not look for,

you came down, the mountains quaked at your presence.

From of old no one has heard

or perceived by the ear,

no eye has seen a God besides you,

who acts for those who wait for him.

I hope this was of help to you and that I didn't mess up on any of this, I hope all this made sense to you, I will pray for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMlv21zGARM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6qt4qZUnWc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VwH1_foFL4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRPvUROc12I  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:41 pm
_MisaBluexX

Hi! You asked the same question when you were a member in 'The Well Guild', and everyone told you the same thing that the Bible tells you about premarital intercourse and how it looks in the eyes of the Lord God. You use to be plain old Miss Blue, now you are MisaBlueX but the answer is still and always will be the same.
It is a sin, you know this, why do you keep asking other people the same question is beyond me other than your looking for an answer that will fit what YOU want it too fit in your own mind because you already have your mind made up as to what answer your looking for in the 1st place.
I apologize for being so blunt and if I came off being harsh or rude, I will apologize for that too.
But no matter how many times you ask the same question, you will pretty much always get the same answer my friend, and some times the truth hurts but we all need to hear it to be set straight in this life for the Bible even says that the truth will set you free and hearing from a friend/ or fellow Christian hurts more than from
a total stranger.
C/G
JackF.  

Created In His Image

Devoted Seeker

9,100 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Meili Kyumee Youichi

Blessed Friend

7,700 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:06 am
_MisaBluexX

That is how I feel about my bf. We truly love each other and consider ourselves married already but just can't afford to get married and I am applying for disability myself so it might look bad if I try to get married right away not sure..but it seems wrong not to be able to sleep with the person that you love especially if you don't do it to just do it but because you love one another. I dunno what the right thing truly is. I just know that I deeply love him.

As has been explained by others, it is a SIN to do sex before marriage.

Heb 13:4 Let marriage be held in honor among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled, for God will judge the sexually immoral and adulterous.

On the other hand, sex in marriage is a glorious gift of God, and is to be enjoyed within the bounds of an unbreakable covenant, i.e. after the marriage vows have been made publically and legally ratified. Sex is not a sign of so-called commitment and love, it is a reward of actual legal and covenantal commitment and love.

http://thecripplegate.com/why-we-wait-what-the-bible-says-about-sex-before-marriage/
http://christianity.about.com/od/whatdoesthebiblesay/a/sexandthebible.htm

As for my recommendation, if you believe that he is the right one (of course he must be a Christian. (2 Corinthians 6:14)) and after confirming by praying and asking for God's guidance, then get married.
It does not have to be all fancy party! It is most important to be blessed and approved from God and church, as well as signing the civil marriage certificate as the proof. These are where the covenant is made and you are responsible before God.
Then you can live as husband and wife and work together for insurance and other settlement further =)  
Christian Advice

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games