Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
READ VERY SERIOUS! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xXx-DarkVain-xXx

Distinct Vampire

16,000 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:52 pm
Generic Infantry
xXx-DarkVain-xXx
Generic Infantry
xXx-DarkVain-xXx
Can't he be reported for his hateful, dumbass opinions? stressed
I mean, he's not being nice, and I thought Gaia had a no tolerance policy for that kind of s**t.
It does. Back in my days as a homophobic a*****e I was banned a least twice for that sort of thing (I only wish I could take it back).

So you're saying you're not that way anymore? and you now support equality?
That's exactly what I'm saying.

Gotcha. -thumbsup-  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:22 pm
Don't know why this didn't click in my head before... but the troll's/anti-gay person's $60/$40 argument is so funny to me now. They never heard of these fellas?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

According to the troll's logic, this would allow gay relationships to make sense.

And how about five $20 bills? Gay polyamorous relationships! How about four 20's and two 10's? Bisexual polyamorous relationship! How about four 5's, twenty 1's, two 10's, and--you know, I'll stop. My point--more proof that the anti-gay troll's logic sucks in some of the funniest ways. Just thought I'd share. I got a little snicker out of it when I realized how silly it was.  

Sea Thrift

Hygienic Browser

I AM R U

Savage Fairy

13,250 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:58 am
Generic Infantry
xXx-DarkVain-xXx
Generic Infantry
xXx-DarkVain-xXx
I mean, he's not being nice, and I thought Gaia had a no tolerance policy for that kind of s**t.
It does. Back in my days as a homophobic a*****e I was banned a least twice for that sort of thing (I only wish I could take it back).

Excuse me, but what made you change your mind?

You don't have to answer if you don't want to, and I preemptively apologise if you think I was offensive, I don't mean to be.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:17 pm
I AM R U
Generic Infantry
xXx-DarkVain-xXx
Generic Infantry
xXx-DarkVain-xXx

You don't have to answer if you don't want to, and I preemptively apologise if you think I was offensive, I don't mean to be.

It was a long process, but it really began in large part because I fell in love with someone who was bisexual, and realized that I was partially a hypocrite, because she was sort of partially gay. I hate hypocrites, so I made an effort not to be one, and the first step toward that goal was trying to tolerate gays. Eventually trying to tolerate them became tolerating them, which turned into not worrying about them, and this sort of progress continued until I was how I am now, completely accepting of all people, provided that they aren't assholes.  

Prussian Imperial Guard

Fashionable Lunatic

8,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200

I AM R U

Savage Fairy

13,250 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:53 pm
Generic Infantry
I AM R U
Generic Infantry
xXx-DarkVain-xXx
Generic Infantry
xXx-DarkVain-xXx

It was a long process, but it really began in large part because I fell in love with someone who was bisexual, and realized that I was partially a hypocrite, because she was sort of partially gay. I hate hypocrites, so I made an effort not to be one, and the first step toward that goal was trying to tolerate gays. Eventually trying to tolerate them became tolerating them, which turned into not worrying about them, and this sort of progress continued until I was how I am now, completely accepting of all people, provided that they aren't assholes.

Ok, cool smile  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:06 pm
Generic Infantry

You see, this is the attitude that people need to adopt instead of being stuck in their own worlds. Kudos to you Generic for learning to accept people for what they are. I was once the same way in HS, I hated gays, but I was raised in a small town where it was unacceptable to be gay. It didn't help that the gay guys in my HS were flamboyant as all hell, and acted like girls more than they did guys.

But I graduated and moved to the city for college, and it was there I learned to relax and accept people. I think their way of accepting people for who they were influenced me to do the same. Also, I had repressed some sexual feelings in HS, and when I went to college I allowed those feelings out. It took me a while, I came to realize I was gay. Coming to that realization, I have been happy and living my life the best way I can. One day at a time razz  

DragonSlayer Arcos

Vicious Bunny

Prussian Imperial Guard

Fashionable Lunatic

8,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:18 pm
DragonSlayer Arcos
Generic Infantry

You see, this is the attitude that people need to adopt instead of being stuck in their own worlds. Kudos to you Generic for learning to accept people for what they are. I was once the same way in HS, I hated gays, but I was raised in a small town where it was unacceptable to be gay. It didn't help that the gay guys in my HS were flamboyant as all hell, and acted like girls more than they did guys.

But I graduated and moved to the city for college, and it was there I learned to relax and accept people. I think their way of accepting people for who they were influenced me to do the same. Also, I had repressed some sexual feelings in HS, and when I went to college I allowed those feelings out. It took me a while, I came to realize I was gay. Coming to that realization, I have been happy and living my life the best way I can. One day at a time razz

I'm glad to hear that you've found yourself. It took me longer than I would have like, but the worst part of it is looking back at how many potential damage I could have done in my hatefulness.
My dad was probably the biggest source of my hatred toward gays, since he was the stereotypical gay-bashing Christian. We're both still Christians, but now he's gotten to the point where he is fine with gays as long as they aren't making passes at him, which never happens, so he's just always fine.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:10 am
DragonSlayer Arcos
Generic Infantry

Good on you! Both of you just needed to take your time to get your own opinion. And as for the flamboyant gays. It doesn't help at all but If it makes them happy then I say allow them to be who they want. smile  

Gammer Boiii

Interesting Gaian

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas