Submit

Forever_Rose09

Shirtless Fatcat

7,800 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Pie Pusher 50
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:51 pm
I know I probably post here way too often but I just wanted to get something off my chest.
I just finished my freshman year of high school, and my best friend (who I have known since I was three) is going to a different one. I was upset at first because I wanted to experience all the crazy things and have her by my side, but I later brushed it off and I think she did too, because we started talking on the phone a lot more often chatting about all the things we were going to do after we graduated, like study together or hang out a lot or exchange yearbooks or go to our local library for service hours every week. But I don't think I've been over to her house as often (probably about 3 times this whole year including ongoing summer) and we don't talk as often as well. (Since the only source of communication we have is Facebook) As for service hours she only came to help me about 2-3 times this year because she joined the pottery club with a bunch of friends.
I remember actually being jealous of her at some point. 'Friend' is a term she uses so loosely that pretty much everyone loves her, and I do too. But her finding the group she belonged in was so easy and I took four months to break away from a different friend and join a place where I feel I belong and I'm happy in. Not to mention she hangs out with a guy who I know likes her but she's completely oblivious. I just wanted to be like her, who was smart, and cute, and who everybody likes and who IS liked (in that way).
When we decided to go see a movie together, she called me asking if I could come with her because she would be alone with two guys. Naturally I said yes because I was so happy she decided to ask me, but then later she said she was glad I could go because none of her other friends were available. So I was just her second option?
Point is, and I know it sounds ridiculous, but I feel somewhat... left behind when I see pictures or statuses with her and all her new friends at the Bruno Mars concert or whatever else. She's my best friend and I should feel happy for her like she was for me when I found my group, but I can't help but feel like she's slipping away from me. Our conversations feel somewhat awkward and forced and I know she can feel that we're slowly pulling apart. What should I do? I can't just give up her but I don't know what else I can do.
(Super sorry for the long rant.)  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:07 pm
Stop trying so hard. If she doesn't value your friendship, you should do the same to save your dignity. I'm not saying to cut off all connections to her, but be a little more reserved. When my "best" friend invited all of her friends but me to a big party, I was really hurt. I kept telling myself she made a mistake, but when I mentioned something about it, she didn't seem to feel all that bad about it. The next time she invited me to do anything was when nobody else was able to go. I learned to put my faith in friends who were always there for me, but I can still hang out with her without too much of a grudge between us.  

sophia1004

Quotable Nerd

7,750 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100

LifeNColor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:39 pm
I agree with Sophia to an extent, but First of all, if this girl really is your best friend TALK to her about this, it seemed like you bottled up all these feelings, Now I'm not saying go off on a crazy psycho rampage on her (ex."YOU DONN'TTT APPREECIATTE MEE" ex. Cry and tell her that she doesn't spend enough time with you like a clingy girlfriend.) but do tell her these feelings, that you feel left out of the loop, that you feel like you guys should spend more time together (invite her over, watch a movie, plan to go to the beach, etc.) just don't bombard her about it. I understand completely what your going through, you see my friend and I also go to different schools, (9th going into 10th), during the school year we find it hard to hang out but compromise with occasional plans of sleepovers and we call each other on the phone OFTEN. These feelings are normal, I get them too, when your away from your best friend you've been so close to for awhile, when you have this awkward silence, when she forms new friends, other issues....You just feel distant,lonely. It's NORMAL and don't feel like there's something wrong with you, because there isn't. Second of All, don't jump to conclusions, maybe she's not trying to leave you out, like I said before TALK to her.
Third of all,Highschool is a b*tch this is where you see the ugly come out of people, sometimes people change not for the better but for the worst. It kind of sounds like this might be happening to your friend,(I could be wrong, so don't take my word for that just yet).This is where I agree with Sophia, don't try so hard, if your friend is treating you like you're second best and always thinking of you "last" there are three things you could do
1.) Cry about it
2.) Yell and get into a fight (Even though this won't solve anything)
3.) Let her go(this is the most dignified)
If this is the case find someone else who treats you better than her, not like you're a plate of leftovers no one wants.
Fourth and lastly,
you might have to accept the fact that you two are drifting apart, it's harsh but things like this happen in life, friends not being as close as they use to be, friends going separate ways. Sometimes you can't control it. Really I think this is the hardest to swallow, we always want our "best friend" and "soul sister" by our side, not thinking that we'll have to let her go someday. Friends since three years old...God that's a long time....If this is the case, it's going to hurt. None the less.

TALK to her though, this might be just a little bump in your friendship, maybe a big pothole, it might be issues with her, but not talking about it is the worse thing you can do. (I think I mentioned this a million times already)

Anyways, I wish you the best! Crap like this is hard!  
24. ✿ - - - Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games