Submit

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:37 pm
I've been getting into otome games (again) lately, and there's something I've noticed. Compared to the games obviously aimed towards male players, there are remarkably few male yandere love interests in games and media aimed towards women. Remarkably fewer are actually in English, let alone easilly accessible. Don't even get me started on how hard it is to find a decent yangire love interest, either. So, feeling that my niches are thoroughly neglected, you can imagine how frustrating this gets. Does anyone here have an interest in those archetypes - whether it be playing them or interacting with them within a RP setting?

For those poor souls who don't know what yangires or yanderes are, here's a very simplified and basic definition (from the VNDB) of each:

Yandere is a Japanese term for a person who is initially very loving and gentle to someone before their devotion becomes destructive in nature, often through violence. Yandere characters are mentally unstable, often using extreme violence as an outlet for their emotions.

In other words, a yandere's violence and overal psychopathy is motivated by a twisted sort of love.

Yangire is used to describe a character who is mentally ill and snaps instantly without showing affection for the victim of their outbursts.

Just like yandere characters, yangire characters star very loving and gentle, and suddenly turn out violent, but the difference is that yangire characters' actions are not related to romantic feelings.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm open to any suggestions on the ideas I'm about to list. If anyone else wishes to discuss some of their own RP ideas related to the topic and to see if anyone would help with and/or join them, feel more than free to just post them! Most of all, even if you have nothing to contribute to any of the ideas listed, I want to know if you'd be interested in joining any RPs centered around said ideas.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Idea #1
Not very original, but perhaps something with a bit of Alice in Wonderland motif at first, only to escape it and differentiate through RP'ing and world building as time goes along? It would start with a lone human girl somehow being lured/accidentally stumbling into 'Wonderland' - might or might not be the land name I'll actually use but for simplicity's sake I'll reffer to it as such ftm. In Wonderland there are two factions/lands, the land of white and the land of red. Various characters based off of the typical Alice in Wonderland archetypes can and hopefully will be claimed alongside any new creations people might like to make or try. The only catch is that our "Alice" is literally the only sane person in all of 'Wonderland', with literally every other character being some shade of yandere or yangire. Wonderland would be an incredibly violent place, and their idea of love is less like the mushy crap we like to pretend to think of it as and more along the lines of an unhealthy obsession, up to and beyond the point of stalking and violence. (Certain characters may or may not hide their crazy better than others) Alice, rightfully horrified by such people, naturally wishes to go home - and makes an unusual ally in the White Queen for this quest. (I'll be playing the White Queen, because I want to experiment with a certain shade of yandere/yangire and blah blah blah) Again, I know this isn't all too original but I'll be more than happy to hear some thoughts and suggestions on the matter. Assuming, of course, that this idea appeals to anyone.

Idea #2
Not nearly as developed, but this would be based in a high school setting - possibly centered around juniors and seniors? Anyway, this popular girl has been friends with this one creepy dude for a while, but only recently did he muster up the guts to confess his (obvious) feelings for her. She accepts, and they start to date. He's extremely insecure about his chances with her, however, and is prone to fits of (often unreasonable) jealousy. Not half as much real plot here as there is in idea one, but it seems like the more 'traditional' setup for character archetypes like yandere and tsundere so it might be nice if people would preffer to ad-lib and improvise when it comes to building up a plot. If this is too boring as a somewhat unrealistic slice-of-life thing, I'm more than happy to convert this to a more fantasy styled world or to add in supernatural elements.

Idea #3
You know those fantasy stories about the dragons that kidnap fair maidens, only for them to be rescued by some valliant knight of some sort? What if the dragon, instead of kidnapping her for ransom or lunch, abducted the fair maiden to make her his bride? She would be kept in a tower to be coveted and hidden away from the rest of the world, as dragons often do of their treasures. However, some whiney pushover of a heroine who just sits and whines about how she needs to be rescued is both cliche and annoying. So, even if she might have feelings for the dragon, the maiden does not like being confined to one place for long. So she will often attempt to escape on her own, often meeting knights seeking to rescue her, the other monsters that reside within the forest, and the like. If she cannot keep the dragon appeased and interested in her enough, the maiden will probably die. If the maiden cannot roam and socialize enough, she will inevitably fall into a deep depression and die of either malnutrition or from an 'accidental' fall from her high tower. Again, this one would probably need some improv skill to pull off - but not nearly as much as idea 2 would require.

aaaand I'll write down more ideas as they come up in my head. I'm happy to brainstorm and hear any RP ideas any of you might have. I would love to hear any thoughts or suggestions you might have for the things I already have up, and I would especially love to hear if you would join any of the above ideas or not should I end up making them. Thank you so much for reading through my disorganized as ******** text wall, and I hope you have a wonderful day!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:17 pm
I love the idea of the Alice in Wonderland one, though, to make a bigger contrast Alice shouldn't be the only one sane-like there are other sane Wonderlandians trying to help her out of there, but have to keep it a secrecy because they'll be thought of as crazy and the majority want to keep her there because everyone seems insane in her world and they think they're rescuing her from some kind of torchure  

Serrenedy

Unbeatable Lover

6,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Friendly 100
  • 20 Wins 100

Enirehtak Airotciv

Wealthy Lunatic

9,100 Points
  • Pie Trafficker 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:45 pm
Between the two I think the second one sounds good. But then again I have a liking to high school settings anyway.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:06 am
first idea please make it.  

dream angel 176

CaptainXXMorgan

Perfect Waffles

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:12 am
I like the first two, the third one seems fine though needs a little re-work of some sort. More playable-ish characters or plot probably which I'm all up for rounding some creativity (note: I'm thinking add some crazed wizard in there, wizard v. dragon XD just because)  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:04 pm
Serrenedy: That's a pretty neat idea, thank you for bringing it up! Depending on how things go I might have to limit how many legitimately sane characters will be accepted, since having a nuthouse of a cast is pretty much the entire point of making any of these roleplays. Still, that's a very interesting angle and very much worth exploring. ^.^

Bikki: High school settings are pretty boss, I agree. ^.^

dream angel 176: Thank you very much for your input! I'm definately considering this one, but I don't want to make anything that isn't going to get enough people to start - so I'll have to see whoever else shows interests in what ideas before I commit to anything. Though if things keep going with this trend, chances are high that I'll end up making it anyway.

Captain: Good point! I'll definately have to include one as a main character, should I make the third one. Seriously, if both ended up being yanderes and/or yangires I can only imagine how deliciously bloody and dark their rivalry could become. cat_whee

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

CaptainXXMorgan

Perfect Waffles

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:27 am
After going through comics strips of 'A Softer World' and looking at the paintings of Ayvind Earle, I'm liking the ideas closer and closer to the Alice in Wonderland ideal. Beautiful, artistic, madness lol.  
"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games