Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Christian Advice
Astral Projection? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:03 pm
False Dichotomy
Garland-Green
False Dichotomy
Meili Kyumee Youichi
@False Dichotomy:
It is true that we must always see the Bible in context; but it is much better appreciated if you explain your argument to support Astral projections [along with Bible verses] rather than looking where each Bible verses doesn't correctly address the issue of Astral projections. =]
Support is a strong word. I defend the irrelevance of it.

Nothing is irrelevant. Nothing, or no one can remain lukewarm.

Revelation 3:16
So, because you are lukewarm--neither hot nor cold--I am about to spit you out of my mouth.
^ Does not equate to polarity. You're allowed to be on the fence about things. I don't care to get into my rant about what that verse actually refers to, but I will say I don't respond nicely to choppy bible quoting.

Quote:
Romans 14:22-23
Everything that Does Not Come from Faith is Sin
Like tying your shoes, or chewing bubble gum.

Quote:
Astral Projection is either something God wants you to do for your spiritual growth (Holy Spirit is all you need. John 14:26), or it is damaging to your relationship with God because you seek spiritual knowledge outside of Christ. I don't see God being indifferent to this since it is the way he has prepared for us to walk. There is no other way for people to have a personal relationship with God, or obtain any trustworthy spiritual knowledge.
Not all that's green is grass.

Quote:
The purpose of Astral Projection as far as I have been able to tell is to have experience in the spirit world, the astral plane, attaining spiritual insight, and truth.
Then you have a very poor understanding of it.

Quote:
John 8: 32
And you will know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free.

John 14:6
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

The truth is only in Jesus Christ (1 Timothy 2:5, Ephesians 4:21). Going into a spirit world out of curiosity, or to seek truth is purposeless for someone who is saved (also for someone unsaved), and have the holy spirit. Having the truth living in us we know it and do not have to search anywhere. It could possibly also be dangerous since we know there are deceiving spirits out there. Why expose yourself to possible spiritual danger? If you have living waters coming from within that will never leave you thirsty what is the point in looking for water elsewhere? (John 7:38.)

Ephesians 6:12
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.
Sigh, the rest of this is irrelevant and rambling. I assume you lost the fox at the word "truth."

I deduce from your one liners, and your general attitude that you really have no interest in debating this topic, that you are perhaps in it just for the thrill of possibly getting in a jab, so I am going to drop it.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:07 pm
Garland-Green
False Dichotomy
Garland-Green
False Dichotomy
Meili Kyumee Youichi
@False Dichotomy:
It is true that we must always see the Bible in context; but it is much better appreciated if you explain your argument to support Astral projections [along with Bible verses] rather than looking where each Bible verses doesn't correctly address the issue of Astral projections. =]
Support is a strong word. I defend the irrelevance of it.

Nothing is irrelevant. Nothing, or no one can remain lukewarm.

Revelation 3:16
So, because you are lukewarm--neither hot nor cold--I am about to spit you out of my mouth.
^ Does not equate to polarity. You're allowed to be on the fence about things. I don't care to get into my rant about what that verse actually refers to, but I will say I don't respond nicely to choppy bible quoting.

Quote:
Romans 14:22-23
Everything that Does Not Come from Faith is Sin
Like tying your shoes, or chewing bubble gum.

Quote:
Astral Projection is either something God wants you to do for your spiritual growth (Holy Spirit is all you need. John 14:26), or it is damaging to your relationship with God because you seek spiritual knowledge outside of Christ. I don't see God being indifferent to this since it is the way he has prepared for us to walk. There is no other way for people to have a personal relationship with God, or obtain any trustworthy spiritual knowledge.
Not all that's green is grass.

Quote:
The purpose of Astral Projection as far as I have been able to tell is to have experience in the spirit world, the astral plane, attaining spiritual insight, and truth.
Then you have a very poor understanding of it.

Quote:
John 8: 32
And you will know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free.

John 14:6
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

The truth is only in Jesus Christ (1 Timothy 2:5, Ephesians 4:21). Going into a spirit world out of curiosity, or to seek truth is purposeless for someone who is saved (also for someone unsaved), and have the holy spirit. Having the truth living in us we know it and do not have to search anywhere. It could possibly also be dangerous since we know there are deceiving spirits out there. Why expose yourself to possible spiritual danger? If you have living waters coming from within that will never leave you thirsty what is the point in looking for water elsewhere? (John 7:38.)

Ephesians 6:12
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.
Sigh, the rest of this is irrelevant and rambling. I assume you lost the fox at the word "truth."

I deduce from your one liners, and your general attitude that you really have no interest in debating this topic, that you are perhaps in it just for the thrill of possibly getting in a jab, so I am going to drop it.
Unwillingness to pull irrelevant bible verses in failed attempts to make points does not equate to unwillingness to discuss the subject. You seem unwilling to address anything I said, and want to disengage. If that's what it takes to make yourself think you're right go right ahead.  

Aporeia

Shameless Mystic

Meili Kyumee Youichi

Blessed Friend

7,700 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:22 am
Inspire Infekt
In terms of communicating with spirits, there are 9 gifts referenced in the bible and 1 is to be able to see and communicate with them. So in terms of that, it isn't wrong. If you need scripture reference, I can provide.

Would you please illustrate more of your point of view along with scripture references please? I would love to know =]  
Christian Advice

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff