Submit

Shiningdragon21

Omnipresent Mystic

15,190 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:04 pm
So then after watching the Wolverine....Surprise surprise I am deciding to make an Xmen RP. So far I haven't really come up with a story tho I am thinking that as is with the show there are the evil mutants who destroy stuff and all that and the good ones hiding under the cover of an incredibly powerful mental mutant. This is pretty much all I got so far. Ages of the players can rang from mid teen to an adult. I haven't really decided how things are gonna go on it yet tho and if anyone could give me some help on figuring things out it would be nice.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:59 pm
Well, in respect for the movie they're making, you can base it off of the "Days of Future Past" story arch.  

wolf_with_a_dragon

Fallen Avenger

8,250 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Shiningdragon21

Omnipresent Mystic

15,190 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:00 pm
I uhm....honestly don't really know what Days of Future past's story arch is really about.... *hangs head in shame*  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:26 pm
Don't worry about it too much Shining. I didn't really know either, I had to look it up. Basically it switches sort of between the present and the distant-ish future. Something happened, I think a senater or someone got killed, that caused this whole anti-mutant agenda. So people started to build the setinels to capture and exterminate any and all of the mutants. And the kitty pryde of the future somehow manages to possess the present day kitty pryde to warn the X-men of what happens and to help them prevent that future from existing. And so a bunch of random crap happens that leads to them managing to prevent the catastrophy and changing the future. And the future kitty pryde returns to find out that instead of destroying the time she came from, she just became part of an alternate future. And that's basically the plot more or less. Again, never read the story arch, just kind of googled it to get an idea of what the movie will be about.  

wolf_with_a_dragon

Fallen Avenger

8,250 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Tamwynne the elven

6,000 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:57 pm
Totally would do this  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:39 pm
I might be interested. I have a "gifted" character who uses electricity, and he could easily be suited to fit into an X-Men mutant roleplay.  

Lady Lagomorph

Wheezing Bunny

25,075 Points
  • Very Thankful 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500

xTastyFlesh

Savage Sex Symbol

10,475 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:26 pm
Oh man I've been such a fan of X-Men since I was little. I'd love to do this.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:55 pm
The difference between the good guys and the bad guys

Ok reading that I actually thought of something I could work with since I love hero's being in the shitty side of things I am thinking this. If I can make it into 2 parts that would be awesome cause I could have the whole future and past thing going together.

So anyways, The senator gets killed still and we flash forward several years ahead. Mutants have been divided into three overall divisions currently. The "Brotherhood" like group basically sold out at the start to try to gain as much more time as they can before being seen as useless and gotten rid of by the government and there sentinals. The mutant hero's that used to help still do but are hunted by the government due to the senator's death. They have been doing there best to stay hidden but there hide outs are hunted down and more of them fall daily while they attempt to fight for there own futures. The last is pretty much everyone else.

Basicly I am thinking that this goes on for awhile till the hero's find out about something that will allow them to do the whole plot point of the next movie where they send a few of them back to the past to try and stop this all from happening.
Is whether they use a human shield or make themselves one.

Shiningdragon21

Omnipresent Mystic

15,190 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200

xTastyFlesh

Savage Sex Symbol

10,475 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:35 am
That sounds pretty good :u  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:18 am

Anyone have any questions, concerns, story tweak suggestions or anythin before I go to work making this RP?

Shiningdragon21

Omnipresent Mystic

15,190 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200

xTastyFlesh

Savage Sex Symbol

10,475 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:29 am
I personally find nothing wrong, but that doesn't mean the others don't... I think it's a-okay! c:  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:37 am

you find morning wrong?

Shiningdragon21

Omnipresent Mystic

15,190 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Sivlerwolf14

Devoted Streaker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:17 pm
X-men RP sounds good, the problem is you have two groups, not three cause if you add a neutral group then that will be your largest group and the other two groups will be irrelevant, or no one will join that group and it becomes irrelevant. Second you have two major plot points going on here, and since the primary one will be in thee future you guys will take faaaaaar too long to get to the point you send someone back in time, trust me I've seen and tried this before and it get dragged out, unintentionally mind you, due to everyone getting so enveloped into their characters where they are now. The other concern I have is if you do this seperate plot point you'll need people in the "past" and they'll got bored waiting for the future people to come  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:28 pm

Yea I can see what you mean wolf. I wanted to make 3 factions from the start but yea as your right with a neutral faction there might be the problems. I was thinking more of the Past part of the RP being an entirely different part. Tho I am willing to change the story to be different from what the next movie is about I just don't have much of a clue on exactly what that new story could be about. I would tho still want to include the sentinals because they pose a great risk to the hero's with there being in operation and it gives the bad guys a slight edge. Tho from that I would still need to work out some things.

There would still be three factions tho if I change the story but it would likely be something along sides of being the government. If they are a faction it's well leaned to that they don't trust either of the mutants sides and at times would have a hand in some of there conflicts. Sometimes maybe making attempts to have the "hero's" and "villian" mutants end up destroying each other so that normal homosapiens can live like they have been. This is of course just idle thoughts.

I am sorry tho if I am jumping a bit around the place I had surgery yesterday and I am currently on pain medication so a bit unfocused.

Shiningdragon21

Omnipresent Mystic

15,190 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200

xTastyFlesh

Savage Sex Symbol

10,475 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:44 pm
((Sorry I typed that in a hurry and didnt notice it was wrong... NOTHING** not morning hah))  
"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games