Reply 24. ✿ - - - Life Issues
Living in a ghetto and feeling disturbed about it

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Miss_XxAriaxX

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:08 pm
I don't know why but classmates and coworkers will ask where do you live. I think it's just a social thing to know if we are going in the same directions to get home.

So I tell the name of the neighborhood.
They will say, it's a ghetto place, or it's dangerous, or Aren't you scared to go home at night ?

In my city, some neighborhoods in the east are ''low social class people living there''. Crimes happens, but they happens everywhere anyways...

It's true that my neighborhood has a bad reputation.

I feel a bit ashamed, embarrassed, annoyed because I live in this neighborhood and I get those comments.
I don't earn much, my mom either. So... We gotta live where the renting is low.
It's not like I can lie where I live.

My friends and other family members knows where I live and they say similar comments.

I am scared sometimes, but nothing bad has ever happened. I always walk on the big street that has lights on at night...It happens that strangers (old men) tell me Hello.. Wassup ? Hi lady?

I don't answer.

There's a lot of others bad things that could happen to me but it didn't. I am glad that it didn't happen... It's just a poor area...  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:27 pm
I'm 13. From the time I was almost 11 until I was 12, I lived in a one bedroom apartment with my brother and mom, my aunt and her two kids, and my aunt's roommate. 7 people in a one bedroom apartment in a ghetto neighborhood. We were the only white people in the apartment, no joke. I slept on a mattress on the floor beneath a window and I remember waking up to overly drunk people fighting right outside my window. I couldn't go outside and play, I couldn't have sleep-overs. I was ashamed to fill out the "About You" page we had to do at school because it asked for an address and they were hung up in the hallway. I had no room, no privacy, nothing. There was also no air-conditioning. I was lucky to have a small TV that got local channels and an Mp3 player that picked up radio.
Almost everybody in the apartment building did drugs, and it terrified me. Some random person would knock on the door and ask for something we didn't have.
Kids did pick on me, but I can look back on it and laugh with them now. I seriously consider myself homeless at that point because of how poor we were. I feel bad for my cousins, 'cause they're still living in that apartment.  

13 Mockingjay

Lonely Poster

7,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:12 pm
I'm lucky in the fact that I live out in the country in that sense...  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:12 pm
Where I live, many people are poor and live in the ghetto. Most schools are built next to ghettos. Living in the ghetto is sort of a style .. and is not something that is shamed here.
I cannot complain, I live in a peaceful, quiet neighborhood, but I do have friends who live in trailers.
Don't feel ashamed. It is wrong to judge people on anything other than their aptitude. It is so prejudiced of your friends and co workers to make those comments, and just plain insensitive. I know people who are good and don't do drugs and live in the ghetto. You know I just idk  

vxrs

Liberal Fatcat

13 Mockingjay

Lonely Poster

7,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:39 pm
Radiant Mercy
Where I live, many people are poor and live in the ghetto. Most schools are built next to ghettos. Living in the ghetto is sort of a style .. and is not something that is shamed here.
I cannot complain, I live in a peaceful, quiet neighborhood, but I do have friends who live in trailers.
Don't feel ashamed. It is wrong to judge people on anything other than their aptitude. It is so prejudiced of your friends and co workers to make those comments, and just plain insensitive. I know people who are good and don't do drugs and live in the ghetto. You know I just idk

...there's nothing wrong with trailers...  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:42 pm
13 Mockingjay
Radiant Mercy

When I said that I meant "I live in a big house, but I do have friends who live in trailers and it doesn't matter to me".
The way I put it though, the meaning does sound like it could get confused...  

vxrs

Liberal Fatcat

13 Mockingjay

Lonely Poster

7,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:53 pm
Radiant Mercy
13 Mockingjay
Radiant Mercy

When I said that I meant "I live in a big house, but I do have friends who live in trailers and it doesn't matter to me".
The way I put it though, the meaning does sound like it could get confused...

I got you, I just felt like teasing. I live in a trailer and it's the first "house" we've owned since I was 6.  
24. ✿ - - - Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games