What have I done.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

vxrs

Liberal Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:25 pm
So girls, I am in a three-week relationship with a guy I met over Text Message.
I had texted one of my friends asking her if she knew any guys I could text, and she told me about him. He texted me first, and we talked, got to know each other. We have a lot in common. We're both past self harmers, we both love music and writing poetry. We shared poems we both composed with each other, played the traditional question game ... the second day of talking, he asked me out.
Well, I said yes, it was very genuine. But after this, he's been talking to me less. He doesn't live where I live. He was born here, and was here for the summer only.
Now I do know how he looks like, even though I've never met him in real life (but my friend has). This isnt a kinda Facebook find love thingy.
The only things I know about him is what he told me on the first day. I went back to the friend I had texted, and when I told her we were together, she got all mad and was like, "That's my ex ..." Well how was I supposed to know? emotion_facepalm That seriously ******** up the situation, because she's an ex girlfriend of mine ... I asked her what had happen between them, and she refused to tell me. I asked him, he said, she did me wrong and it's a long story.
I told him I was going to the movies this weekend and invited him to come, he said he was leaving this weekend.
Sigh. What have I done? I said yes to a guy I only knew for a day? WHo I've never met, who barely talks to me?
So guys, break up with him like now, or see how it plays out? The latter is always what I do in a relationship, try to hold on as long as I could, and always end up heartbroken.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:12 pm
Radiant Mercy
I had texted one of my friends asking her if she knew any guys I could text, and she told me about him. He texted me first, and we talked, got to know each other. We have a lot in common. We're both past self harmers, we both love music and writing poetry. We shared poems we both composed with each other, played the traditional question game ... the second day of talking, he asked me out.
Well, I said yes, it was very genuine. But after this, he's been talking to me less. He doesn't live where I live. He was born here, and was here for the summer only.
Now I do know how he looks like, even though I've never met him in real life (but my friend has). This isnt a kinda Facebook find love thingy.
The only things I know about him is what he told me on the first day. I went back to the friend I had texted, and when I told her we were together, she got all mad and was like, "That's my ex ..." Well how was I supposed to know? emotion_facepalm That seriously ******** up the situation, because she's an ex girlfriend of mine ... I asked her what had happen between them, and she refused to tell me. I asked him, he said, she did me wrong and it's a long story.
I told him I was going to the movies this weekend and invited him to come, he said he was leaving this weekend.
Sigh. What have I done? I said yes to a guy I only knew for a day? WHo I've never met, who barely talks to me?
So guys, break up with him like now, or see how it plays out? The latter is always what I do in a relationship, try to hold on as long as I could, and always end up heartbroken.

Ok, let me see if i get this right: she introduced you to her ex - without telling you he was her ex! - and now she's pissed off because you like him, and he may actually like you back? Where is it written she has final say on who he can or can't like? Honestly, I think she's being controlling/possessive.

If he's not willing to tell you what happened there, well, I can respect that. It's between them, nothing to do with you.

If he's not willing to come meet you in person, that's not your fault. It's his decision. Maybe he's talking less because he doesn't want to lead you on.

Also, three weeks is not a relationship except in the strictest sense of two people interacting. You're barely starting a friendship, and not much of that, either, so it wouldn't be breaking up. just letting go.  

Isis Sister Of Osiris

Lonely Girl

15,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cash Grabber 500

getmeoffthishellsite

Hot Lop

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:21 pm
I agree with all of what Gigi said. Waiting to see if this plays out would probably end up hurting all in this situation, because honestly, from my experienced if the other person doesn't seem to find the time for you in the beginning, there's not much of a chance of that changing in the future. Plus I wouldn't really call this a relationship right now either.

So, you've got two choices. You could get to know him better and see if you two might be a good match, or you could call it off. If dating him would seriously bother your friend that much, I'd just leave him alone, to be honest, and find someone better.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:32 am
La Belle Gigi
Radiant Mercy

Ok, let me see if i get this right: she introduced you to her ex - without telling you he was her ex! - and now she's pissed off because you like him, and he may actually like you back? Where is it written she has final say on who he can or can't like? Honestly, I think she's being controlling/possessive.

If he's not willing to tell you what happened there, well, I can respect that. It's between them, nothing to do with you.

If he's not willing to come meet you in person, that's not your fault. It's his decision. Maybe he's talking less because he doesn't want to lead you on.

Also, three weeks is not a relationship except in the strictest sense of two people interacting. You're barely starting a friendship, and not much of that, either, so it wouldn't be breaking up. just letting go.

You know I thought about quoting you in my post because I especially wanted to know what you thought about this.
Idk why he asked me out the second day I knew him ... I said yes because I liked him, and I thought well, it wouldn't matter because we'd get to know each other better.
Idk.

vxrs

Liberal Fatcat

vxrs

Liberal Fatcat

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:34 am
Captain Silas Manner
I agree with all of what Gigi said. Waiting to see if this plays out would probably end up hurting all in this situation, because honestly, from my experienced if the other person doesn't seem to find the time for you in the beginning, there's not much of a chance of that changing in the future. Plus I wouldn't really call this a relationship right now either.

So, you've got two choices. You could get to know him better and see if you two might be a good match, or you could call it off. If dating him would seriously bother your friend that much, I'd just leave him alone, to be honest, and find someone better.

Yeah, I think I'll call it off as soon as I can. This was barely a relationship. Though, I'm this for me, who cares what she thinks. >_> She's done some s**t to me in the past.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:39 pm
Radiant Mercy
You know I thought about quoting you in my post because I especially wanted to know what you thought about this.
Idk why he asked me out the second day I knew him ... I said yes because I liked him, and I thought well, it wouldn't matter because we'd get to know each other better.
Idk.

Really? cat_surprised

I'm... flattered. cat_whee And touched, that you would want my opinion. cat_3nodding

Well, there's nothing wrong with wanting to get to know each other better. I encourage getting to know someone before dating, it helps you figure stuff out early one. However, if he asked you out and then backtracked, there's something hokey there. It could be something as simple as a sudden bout of insecurity, though. Still, three weeks and not even a "let's grab a soda and fries and chat over them"?

Hokey.

Captain Silas Manner

AMEN, sistah!

Radiant Mercy
Yeah, I think I'll call it off as soon as I can. This was barely a relationship. Though, I'm this for me, who cares what she thinks. >_> She's done some s**t to me in the past.

She's not your friend then, just someone you know. If she's been a jerk to you in the past, you owe her nothing.

Apparently she's done s**t to him, too, from what he alluded to.

Hon, you know my mantra: look yourself in the mirror and tell yourself YOU DESERVE BETTER. Because you do. Life's too short to waste chasing people who aren't interested in you emotion_hug  

Isis Sister Of Osiris

Lonely Girl

15,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cash Grabber 500

vxrs

Liberal Fatcat

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:42 pm
La Belle Gigi

I deserve better. THIS!!! emotion_hug Thanks Gigi and Silas, I feel better.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:52 pm
Radiant Mercy
La Belle Gigi

I deserve better. THIS!!! emotion_hug Thanks Gigi and Silas, I feel better.

Glad to know you're feeling better! Good luck with finding someone that will be worth your time. Sometimes it feels like looking for a seashell on a really empty beach!

getmeoffthishellsite

Hot Lop

24. ✿ - - - Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces