View Results

wolf_with_a_dragon

Fallen Avenger

8,250 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:02 pm
Okay, so lately I've been browsing around looking at RPs, and I noticed that some of them looked like they could end up being fairly short. You know like a couple of pages and then the whole thing is done, unless they manage to do something that extends the amount of time needed, but that also makes the RP seem lengthier than it should. So I started thinking, why not make SEVERAL RPs that kind of combine into one, sort of like what a show does. Like umm...let's use Doctor Who as an example. It all follows The Doctor and his companions, yet each show has it's own little thing, and each season(or series) has it's own plotline popping up throughout the episodes. Like the most recent one of the impossible girl. They're all about the Doctor, each episode in the season explores that one little thing just a bit more, and the individual episode has it's own plot.

Break in paragraphs because that first one is starting to strain on me. Anyways what if we made one, like a zombie survival thing as an example, that each "new" rp is basically an episode. Like ,going off the zombie idea, we could have a thread started called "Zombie Apokalypse (episode 1) and have it be about how the main characters find each other and join together for a common goal. Then once that little bit is done start a new one called "Zombie Apokalypse (episode 2) in which they have to raid a school for supplies and once that's done end it and start a new episode.

And we could have it where, when we start it, we have like a seven day waiting period where we're just accepting profiles with the rp closed then, once the period is over, stop accepting people and open up the RP. Then in the next episode have all the surviving characters transfer over and have like a four day waiting period in which you accept new characters and the pattern repeats. Whatcha think?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:05 pm
Actually... I like the idea biggrin It seems really complicated but interesting! I would Tots join biggrin okay I'm not that kinda person. I would TOTALLY JOIN!!!  

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:33 pm
Depending on the RP idea, I'd be totally up for that.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:51 pm
Maybe we can be paranormal investigators and each new episode can be a new case.  

dream angel 176

wolf_with_a_dragon

Fallen Avenger

8,250 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:11 pm
dream angel 176
Maybe we can be paranormal investigators and each new episode can be a new case.

That actually sounds like a really good idea. I might just do that.  
"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games