yup
View Results

marzipancakes

6,450 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:09 pm
OMFG I forgot about pear arbor mist! That s**t is so good, I have a bottle of that in the fridge right now ooo:  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:06 pm
SO MUCH GOOD ADVICE.

Also I'm going to Trader Joe's tomorrow (one opened up SO CLOSE TO MY SCHOOL) and I know they have super cheap wines. So idk I might try again with something new.  

Undecidability

Shirtless Fairy

9,075 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Vitamin Crack

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:05 am
Honestly I've only just gotten into drinking wine, mostly because it's a cheaper and classier way to get a bit buzzed. And I recently moved to a flat which is a minute's walk from the wine merchant so that might have something to do with it...hehe...

But in my experience, there's so many different tasting wines and it's all about hunting down the sort of wine you like. I've started noting down regions of wine I like and dislike which really really helps when buying stuff if I can't find the normal brands I like. For example, I don't tend to like wines from Spain or South Africa as I find them a bit strong. I'm a huge fan of Provence rosés though.

Generally if I buy a wine that's not to my taste, I'll use it up in cooking so it's not wasted.

As for refrigerating wine, I thought it was fairly common knowledge that you're supposed to refigerate white and pink (rosés) wines but not red? It says on the bottles whether to serve them chilled or not.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:38 am
If it was fairly common knowledge, I wouldn't have asked. Lol.  

Undecidability

Shirtless Fairy

9,075 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Undecidability

Shirtless Fairy

9,075 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:51 am
I bought a white zin from Trader Joe's yesterday (because a few of my friends suggested it) and I'm going to try it once I get a functional corkscrew.

In the meantime, I've been mixing the other wine with lemonade. cool  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:32 am
Undecidability
If it was fairly common knowledge, I wouldn't have asked. Lol.

Sorry I thought about it and then I realised that it's probably common knowledge here in Europe, since everyone and their parents drinks wine with pretty much every meal (which I understand isn't as common in the US?).  

Vitamin Crack

Vitamin Crack

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:33 am
Also try mixing white wines with flavoured syrups like peach. Super yummy, kind of like a Bellini depending what you use.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:34 pm
DING DING DING

The white zin from Trader Joe's is really good! It tastes more like wine and less like vinegar. I mixed it with some blackberry sparkling water and it's even better. cool  

Undecidability

Shirtless Fairy

9,075 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
The Literate Spam Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items