Reply 29. ✿ - - - School and Work
Time Management

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AkumaNoNamida20

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:31 am
How do you manage your time with school/work/life/gaia?

I never really managed my time. I would just go to class and if there was an assignment/homework I would try to do it in class or put it off till the last minute since I knew I could get it done (and for the fact that I am lazy at times).  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:03 pm
I was always very horrible at time management. All through school I would continually forget assignments until the last day or two and rush it.
For this reason I barely passed most of my grades.

Not sure if you made this thread looking for tips, but if you were, sorry, I will be no help, lol.  

Jebebo

flauterfli

Gekko

3,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:18 am
There's a "benign" tumor hanging out in my brain that I and most of my family (but not the physicians, of course) believe has caused severe memory loss, depression, and adhd.

I don't mention that to many people irl, besides family, so sometimes it seems like I'm just irresponsible rather than forgetful.

I set up a huge white board in our room, then write out a schedule for all appointments, projects due, classes to attend, work stuff, etc. That really helps.

I used a laptop obsessively in school. It's the only thing that kept me grounded and focused. On Word documents I wrote out my own personal syllabus for every single course, including what to study, when exams were, what to take notes on, what/when was something due, etc. (would have preferred the physical pen and paper method but I write slow and type up to 90-100 wpm)

It's more than just putting stuff off or "forgetting" to do something until the last minute. Through most of high school that's exactly what it was for me, as it is for most teenagers unaware of how difficult real life is, or very unaffectial towards it. Now information kinda...floats off somewhere if I don't immediately jot it down. I have to sit there and repeat and repeat what I need to remember, and have it all outlined in an orderly manner or it will not stick.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:24 am
I'm a 'what's time management?' person, though life decided that it would teach me in a not-so-nice way .________.  

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500

Strange Lizard

Distinct Shapeshifter

6,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:44 am
I'm horrid at it. Since I'm home schooled, I can watch what ever I want when ever as long as I go to my online classes. And even then I only pay half attention. I do get work done but...it doesn't get done till the last minute.  
29. ✿ - - - School and Work

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games