Reply 29. ✿ - - - School and Work
Terrible teacher ^^;

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Opinion?
  It's bull.
  Please, Beyonce is easier to draw than a stick figure.
  Build a bridge and get over it.
View Results

r a i n i i_d a i s

Darling

15,375 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Unleash the Beast 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:14 pm
This year my school added a shiiii load of electives to our class schedules, and I chose to take a class for Photoshop/Digital arts.
My teacher is SO BORING. He's just like "just draw what you see there."
The course outline that he gave us said that we wouldn't be using photoshop until the end of the year.
And he just gave my class an assignment to bring in a black and white portrait, and I chose Beyonce.
He didn't even tell us what it was for, and the next day he tells us that we have you DRAW the portrait onto a grid.
WTF. I CAN'T DRAW BEYONCE.

It's 100 points, and it's a project, which is 80% of our grades, which I think is bull.

Just complaining.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:41 pm
I'm sorry to hear that this man doesn't fit with what you want in a teacher. Sometimes it can be hard to get into a class that has a teacher you just don't click with. I think in all honesty the course should be renamed, as it gives people the implication that they'll be using Photoshop right off the bat, or at least within two months of the start of the year. When I took a Digital Arts class, it was named Digital Graphics. As the name implies we did more graphics than actual art, though it was still under that category, but it was at least appropriately named in itself. I don't think that's necessarily his fault though, as he has to teach the way the course is intended. But I do think he should have explained what the portrait was for. It's not fair to be surprised by something like that that counts for so much of your grade. I would hope he'll take into account that not everyone has the same skill level and just may not be able to reproduce what they brought in. If he had told everyone beforehand what it was for, I'm sure people would have chosen much differently. I can also see this as him wanting to make it a challenge, but if it counts for so much that isn't really right.

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • I Won the Titles the Titles are Mine! 500
  • Couple of Time 500

Account_Removed03

Wealthy Businesswoman

10,175 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:22 pm
I've experienced that one too but I'm in different course. The professors needs to elaborate so the his/her students will be able to think of it if they can do it or not. Professors tend to be unpredictable in order to students to be confused and having low grades.
(based on my experienced)  
29. ✿ - - - School and Work

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff