Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home
[PRP] Homecoming (Uluiru x Shaheen)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:44 pm

Uluiru's return was anticlimactic, with none of the excitement one might expect after a long time afield. The war executioner came with nothing but a small pack of the essentials--some food, a few trinkets he'd picked up along the way, and himself...hardly an impressive inventory of belongings, he knew. Shaking his head slightly, he made his way forward, not allowing his thoughts to stray to the past, or what had been.

He'd done his grieving before venturing back to...well, what was their new homeland, from what he'd begun to understand. He'd heard bits and pieces from other horsemen he'd run into along the way, just enough to not feel completely unprepared for what lay before him now. And yet, it was still hard, to see how few were left, remnants of the four mighty clans that had stood before. He was less bothered by the coming together of the four--given the circumstances, it sounded to him like the best decision that could be made; not ideal, but the best of a number of less-than-desirable options. Taking a moment, he closed his eyes, breathing in deeply as he savored the feeling of sand beneath his feet.

For better or worse, he was home. It wasn't the home he'd known and loved, but there were at least others around--and it was a relief to see a few familiar faces, signs that all he knew hadn't gone the way of their old homeland. Stepping forward, his movements were easy and fluid, as if he hadn't a care in the world--although his eyes were moving back and forth, taking it all in.

First order of business would be to find someone who could give him a little more of a run-down on the new situation. The rumors and whispers he'd caught on his way back had given him some idea of what to expect, but he had a feeling there was a lot more to understand before he settled in.

Seussi
Ack, forgot to tag you >w< heart
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:40 am

Shaheen really didn't know what to do with herself these days, but one thing she did know was that she couldn't just sit idly by and wait for this vacation, this absolute joke and mockery to end. She needed to keep herself busy, and by doing what didn't actually matter to her. Aerial strategy training. Battle practice. Weapon polishing....any of it was better then taking the time to actually sit back and relax. The clans were still leaps and bounds behind where they should be at, if her opinion on the matter meant anything at all, and she could not waste time lounging underneath the pumpkin sun, or taking ridiculous Amityville classes, or making trips to the maul to pamper herself.

No, Shaheen at this moment would be found in the training grounds area of the war portion of the lost clans set up. Sitting upon a nearby bench, she was holding up her short sword to the dusky light, inspecting it for any small inconsistencies along it's blade. She had just spent what had seemed like hours sharpening it to perfection, polishing it until it shone, and detailing some of the more intricate carvings along it's hilt. A warrior could only be as proud as the weapon they wielded, and as Shaheen's intense gaze gave her own weapon a thorough investigation, her lips quirked up into a smirk.

Perfect. Absolutely perfect.

Desummoning the sword away, she rose from her seated position, eyes sweeping the training field as though in search now for a suitable opponent to take on, when movement out of the corner of her eye had her turning outwards instead, golden orbs set in black focusing on one who was merely wandering by, a one who's looks were oddly familiar........

Her eyes narrowed, and she began to stride off of the field, raising a hand as though to get the others attention and to get him...her....wait no it was a him, she was sure of it now, to perhaps stop.

"Hey!" She called out, in case her hand gesture wasn't quite enough. "Hey you...Uluiru?" She stopped, squinting at the figure. "That is your name, correct?"

Vashtya

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:20 am

Uluiru halted, not recognizing the voice immediately. An old acquaintance then, maybe?

Turning, he blinked, trying to put a face with a name. He didn't shift uncomfortably at her study, or otherwise indicate any sort of unease, but instead returned the curiosity with his own.

With a small inclining of his head, he raised his hand in return. "Hi there. And yes, I'm Uluiru. I'm afraid that I can't return the favor though; I don't remember your name..."

There was something vaguely familiar about her eyes--they weren't exactly run-of-the-mill...so he clearly knew her, the name just remained slightly out of reach. He looked at her, one eyebrow raised slightly, his expression expectant as he took her measure. There was a fluid intensity to her movement; he'd bet that she'd be a tough one to stay ahead of, on the field. Filing that information away, he wondered again where he knew her from...perhaps childhood?

Seussi
Sorry for my slowwww <3
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:42 pm

She continued to study him, to at least attempt to remember him as more then just a name. They had...grown up on the isle together, correct? Different social circles may have dictated that they hadn't spoken much back then. She had spent more of her time tormenting Shik (and in retrospect, Yves as well) with her often time unpredictable antics and challenges, and beyond that had not been close to many as her parents required her undivided attention on most occasions.

"Shaheen." She replied. "Chieftain." Did it grate on her a little that even if they did not know each other, he did not know this? She had at least bothered to learn his name! "Elder Chieftain."

That last part was obviously important to her.

She lifted a hand, and gestured at him, as she made a bit more of a show of letting her eyes sweep him from head to toe. "You must have only just arrived. I have been keeping track of those who have returned and those who have not. Many were lost in The Fall, and many more it seemed are still filtering in from outposts, finding their way to us."

She pursed her lips together for a moment before continuing on.

"It can be...upsetting, I know."

Vashtya

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:43 am

Ahhh...now he remembered her. She looked quite different than she had the last time he'd seen her...

"That name is, of course, familiar." He said smoothly, with a respectful inclining of his head. "I just didn't recognize you--it's been quite some time." He watched her carefully, as if waiting to see if she was truly...upset. "It's a pleasure to actually meet you...at least, as an adult. I remember you somewhat from childhood, had not yet made the connection." This was said with a small smile, in an attempt to diffuse any remaining tension.

His expression grew more serious as she continued, and he nodded. "I haven't even dropped off my satchel, yet--I was trying to get my bearings, and figure out where I needed to go.." He hesitated, tilting his head slightly. "It's certainly different than what we had before," Uluiru said slowly, as if considering what to say next.

"I imagine it's worse for those who were among the first to pick up the pieces, since you have to relive the adjustment with every wave of returning clansmen." He observed, exhaling softly. He'd had plenty of time to work through his own reactions to the tragedy, although he had to admit that seeing firsthand what they'd been reduced to drove it home in an entirely different way...

Consciously shifting his line of thought, Uluiru straightened slightly (not that this was all that impressive; he was far from being tall). "It's good to hear that more of us are making our way back, though." Every clansman (or woman) counted, after all.

Seussi
{ The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff