Submit

13 Mockingjay

Lonely Poster

7,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:27 pm
Here I will post topics people requested. I'm voicing my opinion, if you have something else to add, go ahead and quote the post you would like to discuss. I will read your post, I may reply to it, also. Please understand that I might not always agree with you, you might not agree with me. With that in mind, I don't want to dwell on one topic for a month. I may discuss it with you for a little, but the conversation will end eventually, and I will post the next topic. If you would like to request a topic, go here. Make sure to read the list of Topics Already Covered and To Be Covered. I will not repeat a topic, and I'll keep the list updated as much as possible. Most of the topics will be advice, some might be my opinion on a certain subject, and others could be a life lesson. It just depends on how I feel. Scroll through, the topics will be in bold at the top of the post. Read what you'd like or request what you can't find.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:43 am
"Akoti"]
1. Dealing with the death of a pet.

It's true that a pet can be a best friend for anyone. Different pets suit different people. But when that friend dies, what do you do? No matter what kind of pet it is, it's hard to let go, just as with a human. The first couple of days after the death may be hard, but try to get through. Don't dwell on the situation too much. Keeping a couple of the pet's things such as toys, cage, or food bowls is okay, but later they will only serve as a horrible reminder of the day. Don't think about the bad all the time, in this case, the bad is death. Think about the good, about the times you shared with your pet. There's a couple different approaches I have in mind to keep the good memories flowing and make the bad disappear.

~Paint a picture. Especially for all you artistic people, paint a picture of your pet. It doesn't have to be perfect, just something to keep you busy. It could even just be a sketch.

~Write a story/poem. Writing about the subject will bring up good memories. Don't write a depressing poem, or sad story. Instead, try to make a story/poem about the life of your pet.

~Make a collage. Take any of the pictures you have of your pet that might show up and bring on the remembrance and put them all together. You could do a whole scrapbook, or just a page. Then put it up somewhere that you can pull it out when your feeling down.

Any of these things are helpful, but for some people, they just don't fill the hole. If you feel empty, but ready enough to let go, considering a new pet is always a great option. Get a pet that is a little different than your late pet, whether it's personality or looks. Make new memories with that pet. Going to an animal adoption center is the perfect thing. You can bond with the pets there before adopting, and you end up saving a life. Maybe even two lives, yours and the animal's. Once you welcome your new friend to the family, you'll start making better memories. And, yes, I know there's a time for every animal, but there's also a time for every human. If the pet dies before you, so be it, repeat the cycle. But always remember that pet was one of your best friends.  

13 Mockingjay

Lonely Poster

7,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Popular Thread 100
24. ✿ - - - Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items