Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval
[ENROLLMENT] Hethel the Owl Spirit. I heart crits. Accepted! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mythee

Festive Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:39 pm
Okay then, notes added! ouo Good advice.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Hey YOU! Have a nice day! I'm rooting for you! :D

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:36 pm
Avvie done OuO I'm sure I saw something once about using mules to RP in TiH but I can't find it xD
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Hey YOU! Have a nice day! I'm rooting for you! :D

Mythee-dono

Familiar Friend

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:11 pm
CHOOO CHOOOO

CRITSSSSSSSSS

Approval pert:

Nat ability-
With creature based characters, any ability that is considered 'normal' of their animal counterpart, such as a dog's heightened sense of smell and hearing range- these abilities are considered normal and would be applicable to a variety of others closely related. They are inherently implied.
IE: it's a rather safe assumption to think all the canines in the k9 club can smell as well as a dog, or all cats in halloween would have rather good balance.

The problem with stating that Hethel has 'all normal owl abilities' is the fact that as a natural ability, is that it's just redundant.

Think of a natural ability as a single skill that her race is born with obvious talent in. It's specialized to the point that other species usually cannot mimic it, (obs things like shapeshifting being a skill that many species can use- the ability to change from THEIR form to THEIR OTHER SPECIES SPECIFIC form is still a unique skill that requires time for them to master). Y1 students, and most citizens are only ever expected to have mastered one ability. That's kind of what a natural ability is. It's one ability that is species specific that they have more or less mastered.

THAT SAID- the one I would focus on is her silent flight. It's a unique form of flight that likely took some mild training for her to master but for her race, is unique.

-FEAR: Please pick one of the FEAR abilities listed here.. As right now it looks like the Barrier. I would avoid making any 'advantages/disadvantages/ect' since all those things have no bearing on actual battle and right now, look like they exist to try and give the ability certain attributes that it doesn't have. Things like 'Should physical collisions occur, they are likely to be painful.' are implying extra traits to a battle skill that really, are best left off or discussed with your RP partner(s) prior to battle.
'Hawthorn Overgrowth: Can summon up thick sprawls of hawthorn from the ground. [That protect Hethel or her target from oncoming damage]' <--- That is all the information you need.

--Appearance since idk if you knew- All students are 90% skin. Fur/feathers/scales- it shouldn't cover more than 90% of their bodies. Their skin might carry the markings of their fur or what have you, but skin is skin. This info is buried somewhere cry. (IM NOT SURE IF SHE'S MADE OF FEATHERS OR IN FEATHER COAT???)
The other thing I wanted to note is if she has a natural form. the reason being is the line 'When she pulls her arms back into her feathers, they sort of meld with her wings and they become functional.' is very close to a shape shifting skill, in which case should take precedence as her natural ability if it's necessary for flight/living style.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:13 pm
Oh- about mules for RP- in general we prefer that RP/games/etc be kept to one account, esp since we often run huge events. IIRC we won't stop you from multiples, but we prefer things all to be on one account.  

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

Mythee

Festive Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:28 pm
iStoleYurVamps
Oh- about mules for RP- in general we prefer that RP/games/etc be kept to one account, esp since we often run huge events. IIRC we won't stop you from multiples, but we prefer things all to be on one account.

I can be online on both accounts at once using two diff. browsers for events, but that only resolves quoting/PMing accessibility issues. I can totes understand how that might still be impractical. So uh... whoops, gon need another vampire potion then. rofl

Thanks a ton for the crits! I've fixed all the points you've mentioned, I think? The new natural ability kind of justifies her design [where her feathery 'clothes' almost seem part of her body], though my description is long-winded. >.<;; What do you think?

Quote:
Owlycowl - Hethel's natural form is that of a big poofy owl with a couple twigs sticking out here and there. Even in humanoid form, she almost appears to be wearing her natural form as a cloak. This is pretty much her natural ability; possessing what she wears to a degree, melding with it. She imbues herself into them; owliness asserts itself on the clothes she wears, making them get all puffed up and feathery, the sleeves appearing and behaving like wings of sort when she wears them [this is nothing special for a ghost since they all float/fly anyways, but the visual effect is Hayao-Miyazaki-esque.] The moment she stops possessing the clothing, it begins to revert to its original form until all traces of her magical ability have faded.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:43 pm
BASIC CHARACTER KIT WHAT DO I DO NEXT

Welcome to This is Halloween!

Congratulations! Your character has passed the enrollment process and you're cleared to begin playing. Essentially, this means you can get your art certed, make your character's journal, and most importantly start RPing. If you're a little lost then don't worry, this guide is here to point you in the right direction.

gaia_crown [ Art Check! ]:

- Do you have your character's art? Great! Move onto the next crown.

- If you do NOT yet have your art, you may now contact your artist and let them know that they may now start on creating your character!

gaia_crown [ Certs & Emblems ]:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

- If your character is a STUDENT, you may create a customized student pin for them. This is entirely optional (but fun!) special badge that is unique to your character's design! You can find more information about pins (also known as their emblem) here.

- Hallowen characters (Students & Horsemen) may bet their character certed here!

- Hunters may get their certs here!

gaia_crown [ Creating a Journal ]:

- A journal is a thread where you can keep track of your character's accomplishments, RPs, progress, relationships, etc!

- All HALLOWEEN characters (Students & Horsemen) may create one here!

- All Hunters may create one here!

gaia_crown [ Let's RP! ]:

- Don't be shy about RPing! As soon as your character has been enroll approved you can start! Check out this awesome information about The World of Halloween and Amityville Academy. All students start off in Amityville academy. Need more things to do? Check out this whole subforum! Anything labelled Activity is open for you! Occasionally GMs will promote and open CLASSROOM orps. These usually happen in the classroom subforum. All students are invited to participate!

- If you are a Hunter, you will want to read the Hunter Newbie Guide Occasionally GMs will promote and open MISSION orps. These usually happen in the main Deus subforum and be followed by a guild announcement. All Hunters are invited to participate!

- If you are a Horsemen, please refer to here and the handy links in the first post as well as the other posts for concurrent and quest information! Need more things to do? Check out this whole subforum! Anything labelled Activity is open for you! Occasionally GMs will promote and open CLASSROOM orps. These usually happen in the classroom subforum. All Horsemen are invited to participate!

gaia_crown [ What's happening currently? ]:
- We try to keep all important things happening regularily updated in the ANNOUNCEMENTS THREAD. This goes for ALL FACTIONS. Have a question? Ask it in the Q & A !

gaia_crown [ Still feeling a little lost or overwhelmed? That's okay! ]:
- Check out what was just mentioned in FULL DETAIL HERE! Don't be too overwhelmed, there's time to sort everything out. For now, just enjoy some simple RP!

gaia_crown [ Finding RP ]:
- There's a bunch of ways to find RP. You can just contact a friend or any shop regular OR one of our available GMS for help! Otherwise, there are a lot of people looking to plot with YOU in their plotting threads! You can even make your own and advertise in your sig/ in the main thread/ etc etc!

- In addition any thread marked ORP is open for you to join!

- If you ever feel lost as a newbie, our many GMs are more than happy to one on one RP with you to help your character get acquainted. Send a PM to WE ARE HALLOWEEN and we can get you started this way as well. Otherwise, enjoy immersing yourself in the many RPS in TiH! It is all about discovery after all!

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:42 pm
Mythee
The gnomes on duty in the Enrollment office were extremely disgruntled that their letters to Pigfarts had not arrived with the new student, and decided that they were just going to go to Surmdtrang instead.

{ Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff