Reply 16. ✿ - - - Food, Cooking & Baking
The Glorious Booze Thread

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Roxxy v2

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:56 am
For all of you who choose to drink alcohol, what are your favorite drinks? Personally, I love the idea of cocktails, but I don't have the money to buy a lot of ingredients or a place to store them, and I don't have the money to go to bars very often (if I could afford to, I would), so I rarely drink them, and when I do it's highly simple, like vodka and limeaid. I generally drink my alcohol straight, whether it's beer or hard liquor.

I am a great lover of beer. Specifically, I like craft beers, and I love looking for new ones to try when I have the cash. It's not a matter of disliking mainstream stuff (I quite like Guiness), I just like trying out different combinations and inventive ideas, and I'm a sucker for a fun name and label.

I also love whisky, and I spell it like that because I currently drink Canadian whisky (Crown Royal, to be exact), though I'm thinking of trying out a scotch or two (Glenfidditch sounds amazing) when I have the money, or maybe a Japanese whiskey.

For vodka, it's all about Absolut. Their product is affordable and reasonable quality, and the advertising campaign has me sucked in.

I'm considering experimenting with rum, schnapps, sake, and tequila, but I haven't done so yet. I dream of trying mead, but have no idea where to find it (if anyone knows of a source in Santa Clara County, California, please tell me).

Though I'm a California native, I have little experience with wine, and don't see myself becoming a wine or brandy drinker. I have no specific problem with wine, it's just never caught my interest and I haven't done much experimentation with it. Last time I had wine it wasn't bad, but it wasn't that good, either. To be fair, it was a cheap wine.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:43 am
I also love a good cocktail!

You've got to get yourself onto Scotish, or at least irish whiskey though wink Japanese whiskey is way to expensive here but They've been winning loads of awards so i'd love to try it. Better of with Sake! It's much cheaper, but allways drink it warm!

heart  

THE_FAIRY_EMPRESS
Vice Captain

Original Fairy

Roxxy v2

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:51 am
THE_FAIRY_EMPRESS
I also love a good cocktail!

You've got to get yourself onto Scotish, or at least irish whiskey though wink Japanese whiskey is way to expensive here but They've been winning loads of awards so i'd love to try it. Better of with Sake! It's much cheaper, but allways drink it warm!

heart
I am thinking of trying a scotch like Glenfidditch. I'm a green blooded Irish American, so I do need to get on to Irish at some point. I live in Silicon Valley, so Japanese whiskey is probably a bit cheaper than where you live, since we have a high Asian population and import a lot of Asian products as a result.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:53 am
I am very, very picky when it comes to drinks. I won't even drink soda or juice unless it's just the right kind, made just the right way. I like alcohol but I hate the taste of it in general, like really can't stand it, so I like drinks that mask the flavor like various liquors in coffee, those fruity little drinks like passion fruit margaritas, daiquiris, pina colada, etc... and my favorite: holiday coquito. I also like foods with liquors like watermelon icecream with vodka, English style fruitcake soaked in brandy, rum baked anything...

As far as beer goes, I like the ones that have a rich nutty or coffee flavor to them. I can't stand Coronas because they taste like diluted malta which is one of my favorite drinks (and a by-product of beer lol).

For wine, I can't stand dry. I like them sweet and tasting almost like fresh grapes off the vine.

I too dream of one day partaking of the mead! Verily!  

xena91388

Gambino Zealot

14,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

THE_FAIRY_EMPRESS
Vice Captain

Original Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:33 pm
Clearly your all going to have to come to England for a mead party whee  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:46 pm
Guinness is God's Gift to the Thirsty, and the only possible choice for oven-braised ribs.

We don't drink much, but Nick and I first became lovers with the help of a couple of six packs of Coronas. For serious drinking, Grandpa insists on Bacardi and Coke with a squeeze of lime, aka a Cuba Libre, or peppermint schnapps as a digestive.

I'm thinking that next time we go to the liquor store I'm going to get some of those small-run and craft beers with funky names, to sample and see what we like.  

Isis Sister Of Osiris

Lonely Girl

15,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cash Grabber 500

Roxxy v2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:15 am
La Belle Gigi
Guinness is God's Gift to the Thirsty, and the only possible choice for oven-braised ribs.

We don't drink much, but Nick and I first became lovers with the help of a couple of six packs of Coronas. For serious drinking, Grandpa insists on Bacardi and Coke with a squeeze of lime, aka a Cuba Libre, or peppermint schnapps as a digestive.

I'm thinking that next time we go to the liquor store I'm going to get some of those small-run and craft beers with funky names, to sample and see what we like.
The funky names and labels are my favorite part about craft beer 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:16 am
THE_FAIRY_EMPRESS
Clearly your all going to have to come to England for a mead party whee
As if I didn't have enough reasons to want to visit as it is.  

Roxxy v2

Roxxy v2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:07 am
Currently, my drink is Absolut SF (now called Grapevine), drunk straight. LOVE the bottle, and it's an okay vodka, but it's almost time to buy a new bottle, and I think I'll go with a different Absolut. I'm considering trying:

Citron
Ruby Red
Hibiskus
Raspberri
Vanilia
Mandrin
Pears
Mango
Apeach
Orient Apple
Cherrykran

I can't decide which one I want to try the most. I wish I could just buy them all and have a vodka bar, but I don't have the money, and I have limited storage space because my grandma and I have an unspoken agreement that I am to keep my bottles out of her sight.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:08 am
Also, I wish for Guinness.  

Roxxy v2

THE_FAIRY_EMPRESS
Vice Captain

Original Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:45 am
* sips her red wine ninja *

You know i'm fairly certain the guiness your getting can't be as good. It tastes really different just traveling from Ireland to England. I'd be intrested to know how it changes after travelling further.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:13 am
THE_FAIRY_EMPRESS

You know i'm fairly certain the guiness your getting can't be as good. It tastes really different just traveling from Ireland to England. I'd be intrested to know how it changes after travelling further.

IIRC there are Guinness-owned or licensed breweries authorized to make it under extremely strict guidelines. Grandpa mentioned he heard of one in the Seychelles that provides Africa and India.  

Isis Sister Of Osiris

Lonely Girl

15,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cash Grabber 500

Roxxy v2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:24 pm
THE_FAIRY_EMPRESS

DAMN YOU YOU JUST DESTROYED MY LIFE  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:23 am
I live in Cardiff, and it's pretty much in the top 3 UK cities with the best nightlife, so I'm guilty when it comes to going to bars/clubs. Though I do enjoy drinking alcohol at meals. Then I usually will have a sweet, fizzy, cold white wine but during the colder months I like a nice fruity red wine. Champagne if it's on the table, I like the sweeter ones. I'm not sure what brands we tend to go for but I live with drink snobs, so they're probably quite expensive as we only break them out on special occasions.

When I'm out, it's usually on a weekday (lots of days with afternoon starts!) and on weekdays our favorite bar does £1 drink night until 11pm. They are so kind to us students. Depends how I feel but usually have a few glasses of ice cold Diet Coke with Malibu. Doubles if I'm feeling lucky. Maybe Jack Daniels and Diet Coke. Archers and Lemonade is gorgeous, but one too many and I'm in pain. I like shots, Apple or Cherry Sours are nice but usually rely on Sambuca. Tequila is lethal, tried it once and never again. It took a while to be explained the whole lick-salt-lick-shot-lemon thing and it was pretty shocking. I find I get the least hangovers from just a simple lemonade and vodka.

Some cocktails are gorgeous. A lot of my friends like Wu Wu but my all time favourite is Blue Lagoon. Depending on the night, there's a club over here that serves them in fish bowls, and you can get two for £6. I tried a Pina Colada once but didn't like it all that much. When I went on holiday, they did Jelly Baby cocktails, which were really lovely. I don't often drink beer, but I like blackcurrant and guinness. I think while a lot of it is taste, it's also about what your body will tolerate! I remember back before I was 18 (legal age for drinking/clubs) my friends and I would drink Strongbow from a plastic bottle because it was cheap, but wow... while it knocked me out, it made me very sick after an hour. ♡

CocoDainty

Sweet Peppermint Tea

Spooky Girl

18,525 Points
  • Scary Sampling 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Haunting Echo 75
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:37 am
yum_tea Man, I miss being able to drink booze. The medication I'm on has horrible interactions with alcohol so I can't have it anymore. :<

Not that I was much of a drinker to begin with. I have no alcohol tolerance.

When I used to be able to drink, I wasn't very adventurous I'm afraid. Mostly I would drink wine, with a major preference for red and rose over white wines. I liked drier red wines over sweet wines, and I would pair them with just about anything because I'm an uncultured pleb.

For hard liquor, I'm a big fan of whiskey (I, too, am a Crown Royal fan, OP), rum, and a Korean liquor called soju, which is just about the smoothest hard liquor I'vd ever tasted. Rum and soju I drink straight, always. Crown Royal I like drinking by itself as well, but it makes a smashing mixed drink when added to a can of ginger ale and a splash of cranberry juice. It's great paired off with pepperoni pizza, surprisingly.

I don't like to drink beer; most domestic beers you can pick up in a grocery store smell like piss, I can't even bring myself to take a sip, and the nice ones you get at specialty stores are better for cooking than just drinking straight. Mmm, beer battered fish, om nom nom...  
16. ✿ - - - Food, Cooking & Baking

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games