Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 26. ✿ - - - Boys
I feel like I'm ready, but how should I go about...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

getmeoffthishellsite

Hot Lop

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:51 pm
Talking to the guy I like?

I missed the best opportune time for getting to know him. I'm a senior in high school and last year, the guy I like, named Evan, was in three of my favorite classes. I was far too shy and depressed to say anything to him, even though he is incredibly nice, funny, the whole enchilada! I'm over my depression now, I couldn't be happier now with myself and I have the best self image that I've had in over 5 years.
So, clearly my confidence and looks couldn't be the issue here (Well, appearance is subjective, but I'm definitely better looking than last year when I wasn't doing anything to look and feel better). The issue is that I'm entirely out of practice with making new friends and especially getting to know new guys. It's even worse now that we don't have any classes together, although we do have a few mutual friends. I just don't see him at all during the day any more. The only time I could potentially see him at school is during lunch.

I'm going to leave the whole part about worrying if he'll like me to when...I actually be friends with him. I did used to worry about that stuff until I realized that it was getting me nowhere. So, any advice on how to approach this guy?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:54 pm
Well, this is probably the most tricky topic when it comes down to boys. I've had to deal with this plenty of times and most of them lead to rejection because my timing was off. Anyway, I feel like you should just kind of slowly make your appearance. You could start by being near him. You don't have to talk to him or anything like that. If it all works out, in a couple of weeks, (Or maybe longer) you two will have (hopefully) become friends. Then, I would wait a long time before getting the nerve to tell him you like him or ask him out. It'll just cause you to worry more.  

Sweater Panda

High-functioning Phantom

14,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Sausage Fest 200

wisp stalk

Feral Lunatic

11,500 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Generous 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:40 am
Are any of the people you know friends with him? Maybe add him on Cacebook or something saying you recognized him from x, y and z classes?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:21 pm
carrot et whip
Are any of the people you know friends with him? Maybe add him on Cacebook or something saying you recognized him from x, y and z classes?

I added him on Facebook a couple days ago ^_^

getmeoffthishellsite

Hot Lop

26. ✿ - - - Boys

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas