Submit

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:51 pm
At the mention of food she paused thoughtfully. She needed to get the baskets done but...that little bit of crab had left her hungry still. So she left it in her lap to take one. "Oh...That's a shame." He didn't seem sad about it though, laughing. Peculiar that. Everyone should have at least one pae miss them. She bit into the mango, feeling the sticky juice slip down her chin.

For his question, she chewed and swallowed before answering. "Yes actually...Thank you." She didn't look at him as she talked, but at least she was talking. Progress. "It's still tender, but I can move it with only minor pain. I can help make shelter for the night." After food, that was really what needed to be done. She could make the second basket afterwards before bed. "How do you know so much about the sea?" She wouldn't have thought that salt water of all things would help a bite wound.

Wolfs Heart

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:00 pm
Tartara Seabreeze

Aulii's eyes widened, he hadn't even thought about making something like shelter, he had been too busy trying to get off the island to think about settling on the island. Perhaps they could use the surfboards he had crafted to make a shelter-sort of thing. "I'm glad you're feeling better." It had taken him a moment to respond since he had started thinking about shelter, but he was happy about it.

"I grew up on the sands back home." He had been to pretty much every beach on the island. "I kind of took to the water, couldn't live without it really." Aulii was a verified beach bum.  

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:29 pm
She took another bite of the sweet mango. It was a good find. "I live by myself, even though I have a lot of family." Zana admitted quietly as her eyes lifted to stare out into the ocean. For places to be stranded, this one was certainly beautiful. "I live in the forest. That's how I know how to make things like the baskets." Another bite of mango. It was almost done by now, which meant almost time to work on shelter.

Wolfs Heart

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:46 pm
"Oh..." Aulii said, his tone expressing that it made sense. The angel was satisfied that she was eating so he began eating as well, though at a quick pace since she was almost done eating. 'I was thinking," He said between mouthfuls, "that we could use the surfboards, prop them up. I'm not really sure how that would work though. You got any ideas?" he asked her.  

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:55 pm
At his question she paused thoughtfully. Surfboards...not a bad idea. "Maybe...we could build up the sand to support them, then lay the boards across like a ceiling." Another bite. "Or...maybe dig a big hole and lay them over the top. That would keep in the heat."

Wolfs Heart

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:01 pm
"That might work." Aulii said trying to think of how it would work. He wasn't the most brilliant thinker, but he was trying. They could just move the surfboards to get in and out... although they'd want to dig a deep hole so that they didn't feel like they were sitting in a shallow grave. "Yeah... that'll work." Aulii finished up the mango and then stood up, brushing off his hands rather pointlessly since he was just about to start digging. "The 2nd idea would probably be best." he clarified.

Tartara Seabreeze

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:50 pm
He actually liked her idea? She smiled faintly as she finished off her mango before standing up as well. Zana walked a few more steps more inland. "Um...where...did you want to put it?"

Wolfs Heart

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:55 pm
"Uhm, further in in case the tide rises." Aulii responded, he knew that much. Although he wasn't sure if it would be better to dig the hole in the wooded area or in the open sand. "I don't know if the beach or trees will be better though." Aulii added as he began walking up the beach.

Tartara Seabreeze

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:52 pm
Good question. The demonic looked towards the tree line before looking at the beach. "It would be easier to dig in open sand...but more protection by the trees." She mused aloud, following the male. "More creatures by the trees though." Would the protection of the trees outweigh the dangers of what might disturb their rest? Spiders for certain, but larger animals may emerge at night. "I think...open sand."

Wolfs Heart

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:24 pm
"Alright," Aulii agreed, not finding any reason to argue with the lady.

When he was far enough away from the water that he was certain the tide wouldn't reach them even on a bad night, Aulii sat down to begin digging. They'd have to dig pretty deep in order to get to sand that was packed enough that they would be able to dig a solid hole that didn't want to collapse on them.

Aulii wasn't really sure they'd be able to finish it tonight, he was already exhausted from his day of tree-hauling, and Zana's arm was probably still at least tender from the sting. He was ready to start sitting on the beach doing nothing like he did at home.

"I think I might be ready to call it..." he said, slightly defeated. "At least for tonight. It can't hurt to sleep under the stars for one night?"

Tartara Seabreeze

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:57 pm
For a moment, the demonic simply stood there. Watching. She was unsure of what to do with herself with her injured arm. But finally decided to give it her all. Zana knelt beside him and started digging with her good arm.

It was tiring work, and even with three arms it took a long time for a very little result. Soon they were both beat, completely done with the situation. She stepped out of the shallow pit they made with a nod before sitting right back down in the sand. "For one night, yeah..."

The female pulled her legs up to her chest as she gazed at the shoreline. It was beautiful...but she wished she was anywhere but there. Zana took a deep breath to calm herself. "Life is funny sometimes...I didn't even want to go on the cruise." Voice as soft as fallen leaves, she spoke without looking at the male. "My mom...she's gone missing. I thought maybe...just maybe she'd magically show up on the cruise. She loves the sun. But...she didn't." Perhaps if her mother had been on the cruise it would make crashing on an island worth it. Just to know she was alive would put her heart at ease.

But life was funny sometimes.

Wolfs Heart
Opening up FTW! XD now, did you want to do the summary thing with them, or rp it out? I'm fine either way.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:06 pm
Tartara Seabreeze

"I'm sorry about your mom..." Aulii responded, looking over at her with sympathetic eyes. He had never experienced anything like that so it was difficult to know what else to say.

With that Aulii prepared to rest for the rest of the night, and eventually fall asleep.

The next day, he slept in for a long time, his body was sore from the previous day's work and just didn't want to budge, eventually the work had to begin again, the life of comfort he was used to would have to wait until they got some sort of survival-thing accomplished.

He began work on finishing their shelter, since they had already pretty much finished the foundation the day before, all that was left was the finishing touches and it was done. Shielded from the elements, insulated in warmth from any cold nights.

Aulii looked up from his project, he hadn't really spoken to Zana at all since the previous night. She had already gone off when he woke up, he hoped that meant her arm was feeling better.  

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:33 pm
She wasn't sure what to expect after her admission, but silence worked for her. Zana hadn't said it for pity or advise. In all honesty, she didn't exactly know why she said anything. Perhaps just a bit of her wanted him to understand her more. The pink demonic had not shown her finer moments to the male, and for all she knew he could be the last pae she'd ever speak to. Hopefully when she left the world, it would know she was a kind and gentle pae...not a mute coward.

As they laid on the ground she let the exhaustion of the day pass over, quickly claiming her consciousness. But as much as her body begged for rest, she tossed and turned all night. When dawn finally found her the demonic stopped the fruitless cycle of sleeping for an hour, waking and repeating. Since sleep was not an option, she might as well be productive.

So Zana left behind her sleeping companion, a sharp stick in one hand and the flask in the other. Her arm was healed but for a spiderwebbed red pattern against her skin. Time passed slowly, but her efforts were rewarded. To her relief at last she found a large lake; freshwater by the taste when she knelt down to drink. The female filled her flask and looked around for landmarks so she could easily make her way back. Then, she started out to look for a storage container.

It wasn't too far from the oasis that she stumbled upon a group of coconuts, some already on the ground. After stabbing a sharp rock into it and drinking out it's milk, she realized it made a fine container for water. Some she'd keep as coconuts for it's inner fruit, but others she'd fill with fresh water and cork it with a piece of wood jammed in.

When the female finally came back, most of the day was already gone.She took all the coconuts she could carry, and still took two more which she kicked back to camp. Hopefully Auilli's day had gone as well as hers.

Wolfs Heart

:[ Graveyard ]:

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces