Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply Off-Topic
Back to school

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Taeryyn
Captain

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:56 pm
So we're nearly half-way through September, which means that school is back in full swing for many of us.

For those of you who are students (whether secondary or post-secondary), are there any classes or courses you're taking this year that you really love? Which ones? Is it just the subject matter that's appealing, or do you have an incredible instructor?

On the flip-side, which classes do you like the least? Why?

How about extra-curriculars? I know from the join requests that we get that many of you are or were involved in GSAs. Are there any other clubs or groups that you're involved in?

So yeah. Discuss. biggrin

PS:
For those of you who aren't in school, feel free to talk about good or bad memories of your school days.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:39 pm
I have Drama and Sculpture and I love them a lot
But, then I have TWO English classes, due to clerical errors last year, then government and math. My hands hurt a lot.  

Cassy3v3lyn

Lonely Lover

18,625 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Budding Witch 250

Anja Sedai

Timely Traveler

20,450 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:10 pm
I've got an information technology class that I'm loving so far. I'm pretty much a sucker for anything tech related. On the other hand, my organization of information class is a huge pain. Crossing my fingers that it gets better. Right now we're going through all these different ways of encoding metadata and it just seems so redundant. Not to mention the textbook is dry as hell.

No extra-curriculars for me right now since I'm doing online classes and don't live near the campus.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:24 pm
This semester I am loving my russian language class. It's only a year one class but with any new language it's a slow start and a pain. My professor is amazing and even has lunch on occasion with us if we like. Actually the way it seems the entire language department is closely knit (including some English profs as well.)

On the other hand I really do not like my Econ or math classes. Econ is just so boring to me. I have a perfect score so far so no challenge, scatterbrained prof, plus I sit in the very last row in a larger class so I really pay attention. Math on the others hand I just have a personal dislike for since high school. My prof says he's an easier grader but meh seems to always find a problem with my work so that adds another thing against it. Also last complaint about that class is my classmates who sit behind me the entire time and complain about how they hate the class and how they shouldn't be there.  

Demmonic

Devoted Bloodsucker

FauxZombie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:39 pm
I'm enjoying my women and gender study class that's focusing on media.

Dislike my psych stats class since the guy basically wants no involvement with students and could care less about them.

Overall... this year has been a lot more active than last year in the fact that I've been out socializing a bit more and getting a little more involved with some community groups/projects.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:06 am
For myself, so far I enjoy all of my classes, but my sociology course seems to be moving really slowly. It's interesting and everything, and the instructor is enthusiastic and engaging, but compared to all my other courses, we barely seem to cover any material at all. But whatever, it's just an elective.

I'm especially enjoying both my theoretical linguistics and sociolinguistics classes. I get the impression from others that the profs aren't well-liked, but I've made appointments to speak with both of them (they're the undergrad advisors for my program), and I've found them to be very helpful and passionate about their respective fields.

I am not involved in any extra-curricular activities. If I lived on campus, I might have looked into a few things, though.  

Taeryyn
Captain

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Off-Topic

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas