Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

vxrs

Liberal Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:12 pm
Who else does it, or did it?

I for one got into cutting because I was confused and depressed because of the ever-life changing break up with my ex gf. It distracted me from worrying about my insane, drug addicted psychopath older sister (and how she continues to put her life and the lives of family and other people in danger) and from the peer pressure, bullying, and sexual assaulting at school. I have low self confidence, esteem, and worth, fueled from my mother's verbal abuse and my negative thinking on my body.
But you know, it never solved anything, and it hurt the people that really cared about me. I haven't cut in several months, though I have numerous nasty scars, and I can never take back the lies I told and the hurt I did to some people (my best friends, my twin sister).
Things have gotten better. I'm stronger now.
I have made it my life's ambition to start an organization or charity that prevents suicide through teens that self harm, are bullied, or are homosexual, etc.

I love you, and your scars, and your insecurities.
You are beautiful, strong, and perfect to me.

emotion_bigheart  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:38 pm
I don't know if it counts as self harm for me. I have suicidal thoughts and try to attempt it but never actually did. I thought about cutting but haven't tried. I guess mines would be mental beating. People say mean things and so much so I believe them now and beat myself down with thoughts. My long time friend (online) is my bf now so maybe with his help I won't think anything anymore. At least with him around I don't have the feeling of wanting to die.  

AkumaNoNamida20

Jebebo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:20 pm
I have been very depressed lately, mainly because I just can't seem to accomplish anything and I feel completely worthless. I haven't exactly considered suicide or self harm though. But I would be lying if I said the thought never crossed my mind at all.
I just tell myself there are people in far worse situations then me, and even if they are only few, there are people who care about me. And things could get much better in the future.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:48 am
I think your goal of helping people with their self-harm issues is an admirable goal. It would be nice if you could make something positive out of the stress and suffering you have experienced. smile

I think about self-harm, but would probably never actually do anything. My triggers tend to be money or not living up to my own expectations. Sometimes it just comes out of the blue though - I'll be sitting at the computer, and suddenly I feel like stabbing myself in the wrist.

I've had some success with changing activities when I have these thoughts, but it is still a struggle.

Good job to you for being self-harm free for so long, and I wish you luck with your project to help others. biggrin  

the mage-girl

Magical Marshmallow

22,600 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Monster Hunter 100
24. ✿ - - - Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items