Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Photo Section
Do You Take Photos of Cosplayers at Cons? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

aaawhyme

Demonic Spirit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:58 am
Yes and then I never know what to do with hem all after its over  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:10 am
I eagerly photograph at cons.
Partially because photography is a hobby of mine (and I'm pretty good. I've had friends ask me to help them do photoshoots), and because I am a member of a cosplay group, and it helps me with ideas. New cosplays to do, new ways to make props or costume peices, etc.

I at one time did load them onto my DA, but I have a MASSIVE backlog of photos to still upload. Like.....easily a year and a half of photos. I really should be doing that. In fact, I still need to sort through the photos, to decide which ones to post.  

Michel the shade

Amorous Lover

15,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Marathon 300

br3akape

Destructive Pawn

19,265 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Restorative Spirit 250
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:31 pm
photografing the cosplayers is the most fun part of cns for me, especially when they pose xd  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:51 pm
aaawhyme
Yes and then I never know what to do with hem all after its over

Knowing what to do with your photos after you take them depends on why you took them. If you took them of characters that you like you could print them out and put them in a photo album. Also you could start a page on a website like Facebook or Deviant Art and post them their to share with others. I have a page on both sites.  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:01 pm
Michel the shade
I eagerly photograph at cons.
Partially because photography is a hobby of mine (and I'm pretty good. I've had friends ask me to help them do photoshoots), and because I am a member of a cosplay group, and it helps me with ideas. New cosplays to do, new ways to make props or costume peices, etc.

I at one time did load them onto my DA, but I have a MASSIVE backlog of photos to still upload. Like.....easily a year and a half of photos. I really should be doing that. In fact, I still need to sort through the photos, to decide which ones to post.

Wow, another Cosplay photographer at my level. smile I have just started to do personal photoshoots and I have fans on my Deviant Art page of my photography work from all over the World!! smile I consider myself to be a Semi Pro Cosplay Photographer. I still have a long way to go to become a professional one. You can check out my photos at either https://www.facebook.com/Smithers456Photography or at http://smithers456.deviantart.com/ I would be interested in what you think. Also could you let me know what your DA address is. I'm curious about your photos.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:05 pm
br3akape
photografing the cosplayers is the most fun part of cns for me, especially when they pose xd

Seeing all of the wonderful Cosplay outfits and taking photos of them are two of my favorite things to do at cons. Being a Cosplay Photographer I help cosplayers to pose better and I like the poses that they already do. smile  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

Shoyo Hinata

Lucky Gekko

9,400 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:52 am
Yeah, I've taken pictures of cosplayers at conventions before, only on my phone or my other small camera. Sadly, I always forget to take pictures of myself in cosplay
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:59 pm
I always take photos of myself and other cosplayers making silly faces, then i make a memory book from it. It's surprising what people can do if you ask them nicely (':  

Vixxii

Timid Bookworm

10,500 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Photo Section

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers