Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Inspiration
List of Fufilled Bible Prophecies

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CheyenneServant

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:16 pm
I found this interesting.
http://www.reasons.org/articles/articles/fulfilled-prophecy-evidence-for-the-reliability-of-the-bible  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:21 pm
"Given that the Bible proves so reliable a document, there is every reason to expect that the remaining 500 prophecies, those slated for the "time of the end," also will be fulfilled to the last letter. Who can afford to ignore these coming events, much less miss out on the immeasurable blessings offered to anyone and everyone who submits to the control of the Bible's author, Jesus Christ? Would a reasonable person take lightly God's warning of judgment for those who reject what they know to be true about Jesus Christ and the Bible, or who reject Jesus' claim on their lives?"  

CheyenneServant

real eyes realize

Invisible Guildswoman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:48 am
Thanks for sharing 3nodding 10 and 7 were new to me. I love the statistical method of determining the bible's reliability (though I'm horrible at calculating such a thing, lol).  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:18 pm
1) someone had told me that the bible also predicted 9/11. Bible verse if that is true?
2) I'm still confuse about how these numbers were calculated
3) from what verse does the telling of the last 500 prophecies begin and if some of them have already been fulfilled what were they?  

ChibiHigh

real eyes realize

Invisible Guildswoman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:13 pm
1) I've never studied that so I can't really answer. But I have heard of "bible codes" (not necessarily explicit prophecy), taking every nth letter of the Hebrew and it somehow makes a legible name/phrase (the legit name of this process is called "equidistant letter sequence"). I don't know if that's what we're suppose to trust in though. Did you recall any verses they may have mentioned? I know Nostradamus' prophecy of the two steel birds is the one that gets quoted a lot concerning 9/11, but that's not biblical. His prophecies are extremely vague too.

2) They're calculating probability, so they're essentially multiplying fractions across different categories. For example, let's say we have a bag full of objects: what are the chances of drawing a blue coin out of a bag which contains red, blue and yellow objects, knowing there's a total of 5000 objects in the bag, out of which 1500 are red, 1500 are yellow 2000 are blue, but only half of the bag is full of coins. That would mean 2500 out of the 5000 objects are coins (50% or 0.5 in decimal form), 2000 out of the 5000 are blue objects (40% or 0.4 in decimal form). Now multiply 0.5 (chances of drawing out a coin) by 0.4 (chances of drawing out a blue object) and you get your probability of drawing out a blue coin which is 20% (0.2). The more conditions you have, the less likely the event will ever occur purely by chance (thus not a coincidence but intentional)—or you got lucky, though it's not likely.

3) Dr. Hugh Ross seems to be the only one claiming there are approximately 2500 prophecies total. I don't know where he got his number, but yes, that is important in calculating probabilities. Apparently he's an astrophysicist and apologist. He must've approached some scholar, though it would be nice to have a verifiable source to compare that number to. But I do know for a fact that the prophecies are not listed in chronological order in the bible. For example, Zechariah 11-13 have been fulfilled but not Zechariah 14. Also, Isaiah 61:1-3 has been partially fulfilled, as Jesus said in Luke 4:16-21, but not the rest of the chapter—that's yet to be fulfilled. Numbering the total number of prophecies would be difficult, especially since some are little phrases randomly found in places like the psalms (i.e. Psalm 69:21).  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:50 am
Thanks for sharing this smile  

Meili Kyumee Youichi

Blessed Friend

7,700 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Contributor 150

ChibiHigh

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:29 am
I see, thanks. I don't remember the bible verse (if they gave any at all) this was a while ago  
Inspiration

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games