Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Help Guild

Back to Guilds

Guild for Anime,Manga, Live-Action Asian Drama, Asian Music K-pop Recommendations & Discussions, ChatSpace,TV Series/WesternCartoons + More. 

Tags: Anime, Manga, Live Action Asian Drama, Discussion, Recommendation 

Reply ★☆Anime of the Month
Is Rikuo a good main character?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Millenium Walken

Eloquent Humorist

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:31 am
Hey, guys, I was just noticing how we have an entire sub-forum dedicated to this feature, but nobody's taking advantage of it yet. So I figured I'd get things rolling by opening up a dialogue on this topic that I've been thinking about. In your opinion, is Rikuo a suitable main character? Do you find him relateable, or at least likeable? Do you find his drive in the story compelling? Are his interests relevant to yours? Is he the heart and soul of the story, or are there any other characters who deserve the spotlight more than he does?

I've already said a little bit about my opinion in m y last topic, but I'd really like to see yours, so let's get cracking!  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:44 pm
I actually don't find him relateable at all. i don't dislike his character but there is nothing that i actually do like.
I said that i like some of the other side characters better then Rikuo, such as Tsurara, Yura since. I find them more interesting and a lot stronger, not strength or power wise, but, i don't know i cant find the words, lol.
In episode 7 he does realize he has this power inside himself and becomes more reliable, but its only after his friends are fighting and getting hurt themselves does this happen, and even then he transforms into a Yokai because he...hasn't unlocked his true powers?
He rejects his Yokai self, but uses its powers as a human, but then transforms into his Yokai form anyway. XP *Does not understand*
Memory loss to make the story longer is no good. I would rather see him try to hide the fact that he is a Yokai (especially from Yura) then have him forget everything that happened on the nights he does transform.
"Are his interests relevant to yours?" Indeed, i have had problems with trying to be enrolled as the successor to a demon council. I kid, i kid.
His interests? Like wanting to protect his friends, or the Yokai detective club thing he is part of? Perhaps i just don't understand. XP

Anyway...Yura would be a cool main character and Rikuo be the secondary main. They would befriend and fight alongside each other to stop other Yokai. XD  

Unheard TK

Original Gaian

11,800 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
★☆Anime of the Month

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items