Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

View Results

Pudding Raven

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:23 am
Did this for a contest.
Supergirl

Guy wanted his lineart colored, prize is a signed copy or his art and asketch comission. So that is cool.
Did this in 5 hours (while multitasking so not a solid 5 hours.)

There is also this, the artist allowed me to color it for practice.
Peach
Did this in about 1 1/2 hours - 1 hr and 45 min.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:51 pm
Very nice coloring. I like the highlights.  

Deaux

Cuivie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:53 am
Peach is WAY better than Supergirl. The background with Supergirl irks me, but I see how it's hard to come up with a background to lineart in such a simplistic pose. Honestly, I don't like the Supergirl lineart, but that has nothing to do with you, so it's hard to comment since that dislike is always just there in the back of my head.
I think you colored Peach way flatter, which is a good thing- the blending in her face looks a bit out of place because of that, though. Generally, Peach is high quality, even though the face doesn't really seem to fit the rest. You're good with finding the right tones for shadows and highlights, though I feel like the deep black shadows in the Supergirl-lineart somehow confused you with this, like you didn't really count them in. With Supergirl it looks a bit too much like you had crisp areas that you then blurred to blend them to me, which really only works when you've got a gradient of more than 4 tones. I'd like to see you coloring something relatively "flat", just letting the seperate spaces be seperate spaces, and something all blended together. You're trying to mix different styles with your coloration and I feel like that doesn't necessarily work before you haven't fully grasped either seperately.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:19 am
Deaux: Oh hey thanks.

Brian: Dude you rock. Just ftr. Yeah, the background left a lot to be desires and I am super annoyed abut the hair myself because I dislike the color choices I made on it. I def get what you're saying with the blurring and such and will take it to consideration as I work on future pieces.

I seriously appreciate that you took the time to give me some critique and I will try to remember some of it as I work. :3  

Pudding Raven

Cuivie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:00 pm
any time. I feel that when commenting other people's work I should do so in the same way I'd want my work to be commented in. ♥

Arta

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games