Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 22. ✿ - - - Health And Exercise
I don't know why this has upset me so much :( ....

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

THE_FAIRY_EMPRESS
Vice Captain

Original Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:05 pm
So I have never liked my teeth. They are not straight at all, they stick out at odd angles, I look awful if i smile.

As a child i was lead to believe that they were not bad enough that I would be able to get a brace on the NHS (which would make it thousands of pounds cheaper) Acutely aware that parents never had that much money as I was growing up I told the dentist not to give me a brace. I told myself that if i could ever afford it I would buy myself a brace, not be selfish enough to make my parents pay when they couldn't really afford it.

So for the last ten years i've been thinking that if I ever get rich I'd fix my teeth, It's not like there THAT bad, they don't effect my life, but it's the only form of "Plastic" surgery that i've ever wanted. It's not like they've weighed on my mind every day for the past ten years, but i hate pictures that show them, and if i have to open my mouth for anything (even at the doctors) I worry about them.

Now tonight my mother randomly mentioned that i could in fact of had them done on the NHS. The dentist had said to my mother that he was prepared to file my case on the NHS, even though strictly they weren't bad enough, if it was something that would bother me. I never knew this, I distinctly remember being in the dentists and him saying they wern't bad enough, and then being at home and my mother asking me wether it would be worth it to have them done. Sh never told me he had said they could be done for free. She says she meant worth it in terms of time and pain.

Had i known this i definitely would of had them done! And since I found this out I hate my teeth more then ever! The knowledge that they didn't HAVE to be like this really upsets me for some reason crying To have them done now would cost thousands of pounds, and since i'm unemployed and homeless i doubt that'll ever happen. Plus now knowing i could of had them for free, I will deeply resent the enormous amount of money.

I just hate to think that one day i might be going through my wedding pictures, rejecting all the ones where i'm smiling. And in the back of my mind will be the knowledge that they didn't have to be like that. I know that for the rest of my life there going to annoy me twice as much.

This was just a massive rant, I really don't know why this has upset me so much, but it really makes me want to cry. Which seems irrational, but i'm a girl, and we hate things about our selves. 3nodding

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:26 pm
I knew this girl who had a tooth push another out of place. She eventually ended up having the displaced tooth pulled, as well as caps and braces to help with the gap. She was so happy when she got that tooth pulled, she hated smiling before

But wow, young kid worrying about money? Talk about responsible O.O  

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500

THE_FAIRY_EMPRESS
Vice Captain

Original Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:31 pm
Kitalpha Hart

I know, now that my parents have more money i regret always being so cautious about it growing up. I didn't do loads of things i wanted because i was aware how upset it made my parents knowing they couldn't afford things. My dad worked 7 days a week and cried because he couldn't afford to send me to a better school.

My sister asked for the brace anyway, and all the holidays etc xp Now that I know money wasn't always going to be so tight I wish I'd followed her lead.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:32 pm
THE_FAIRY_EMPRESS
Kitalpha Hart

I know, now that my parents have more money i regret always being so cautious about it growing up. I didn't do loads of things i wanted because i was aware how upset it made my parents knowing they couldn't afford things. My dad worked 7 days a week and cried because he couldn't afford to send me to a better school.

My sister asked for the brace anyway, and all the holidays etc xp Now that I know money wasn't always going to be so tight I wish I'd followed her lead.
we all have our regrets :/
But hopefully things will turn around soon~  

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
22. ✿ - - - Health And Exercise

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash