Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval
[Enrollment] Sanjit the Rakshasa - accepted

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Miidnight Melody

Feisty Bunny

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:57 pm
AMITYVILLE ACADEMY ENROLLMENT FORM

Name: Sanjit Ghazali (full name is far too long)
Nicknames: San or Sanji (Jiji and you’re eaten alive)
Age: Equivalent to 17 years . . . a big 17 year old boy . . .
Faction: Demon
Race: Rakshasa

Natural Ability: Shapeshifting- San has the ability to shift into a large Royal Bengal tiger.

Personality:

Disciplined :: The insatiable need that he feels inside, it had caused him to hurt someone dear to him back home some years ago which haunts him. From then on, Sanjit had developed the attention and focus to keep himself controlled. Much like an athlete, he keeps to his schedule and things to do religiously of meditation, proper meals, and this extends towards to his school work as he keeps on top of his assignments and studies mixed in. It is admirable to see that from the demon, but at times it does make him a sort of stick in the mud who would pass up on fun to do other things such as study for example.

Serious :: Straight face and responsible, Sanjit is a serious man who has a somber demeanor. It's tough to get a smile on his face but that's because he knows how things are in life, which is ironic seeing that his abilities are illusions. But that's why he's serious in a way for he is a thinker; always playing things over in his mind before he acts it out being the best decision. After all, the demon is responsible for his actions and others too. Howeverl, the demon tends to be a bit too serious as jokes tends to go over his head or he actually takes the a little too seriously for Sanjit might questions them how is it possible that (for example) a student is so poor, they don't even have two silver pumpkin seeds to rub together . . . awkward.

Quiet :: He doesn't socialize with the other boils and ghouls at school as much and so Sanjit is normally quiet. It's nice that he is quiet for he's calm and reserved for the Rakshasa does tend to be the thinker rather than be loud and so obnoxious. The only thing that's bad about it . . . is that he's just too quiet. Sometimes he will only speak a few words at a time or start which is really unnerving (especially from a 6'10" demon staring you down) and doesn't say what goes on in his mind if something is bothering him or not. With a small group of friends who does know him though, they will get to hear actual full sentences from the demon because he has grown use to their presence after a while. It's just taking that first step to socialize with the students he will be less quiet.

Destructive :: Despite that disciplined nature of his, constant meditation sessions, and all, he is still a Rakshasa deep down to his very bones. Sanjit has the insatiable hunger and strong senses that he can't help but to go mad if it has gone to that point that he gives in to sate it, completely sadistic to his victim of what makes them terrified, and all to make them crumble at his feet to beg for it to end. And all of that will make him smile a bright grin. After all, his family is destructive which is a natural thing to them. A trait that is so well loved of course, but he hates this side for it's too wild and out of his control for he doesn't want to harm those who he cares about. It will crush him completely that he will want to withdraw away from them to probably forever. He usually curb this by his meditation sessions he will do, and eating. Constant eating will make him a happy demon <3

Awkward :: Well, Sanjit has never socialize with any of the other citizens in Halloween and stayed with his family who are in a high social class. His family have too much of a high ego that they must be away from those 'lower' beings which is tiring to him really. He doesn't know the social norms in the school setting at all and he feels like he sticks out like a sore thumb which does make him feel even more nervous about. His speech pattern has moment of silence between words in the conversation flow. However, he does hope that after a while staying at the academy he'll get better at it. But for now, he's a giant sore thumb and in the literal sense in a crowd of students.

Why are they enrolled in Amityville Academy? Ask his father about that. It was a last resort of what to do with him. He was sent to the Academy to better learn how to use his Fear . . . or to actually use it! Sanjit is much calmer and disciplined than his family and his father disliked it for they are blood lust demons who caused great destruction and mischief. He is an embarrassment to his family and their rich history. And if they can’t do it, surely the Academy can smack some sense to him of how to truly be a creature of the upmost fear.

FEAR Ability: Blood Frenzy - Battle Cry :: Attacks using his claw like nails or in his shape shift slashing away at his opponent in a craze.

Physical Description:

Eye Colour: Fiery red (Reddish orange)
Hair Colour/Style: Fiery red as well with his hair combed back something like this maybe?
Skin Colour: Soot black, or something close to it as the color can be messed around with by the artist <3
Clothing Style/Colours: Traditional Hindu attire with some modern twists but it can be edited up to the artist’s likings/ideas and colors too. But he also has a garland of skulls around his neck. Inspiration maybe? I am not picky at all LOLOLOL But if anything, I would like for him to appear frightening looking obviously.
Extra: He has sharp fangs, claw-like nails, and he is highly muscular and strong.
References: N/A  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:42 pm
Hi! Just to help to clarify some things about natural abilities - year 1 students start with one natural ability (so choose either shape shifting, or inducing illusions that cause someone to not recognize the presence of something) for now. As your student advances to year 2 and 3 onwards, you may then add on other natural abilities smile

Technically, the skull pins amity issues will make all students take on a default humanoid form. You would have to specify shape shifting to be sanjit's natural ability for him to be able to shape shift with the pin on.

Also, as a general note with regards to RPing illusion type natural abilities, it will be good to get the other player's consent / work out what's going to happen first to avoid any unintentional GMing.

I won't critique what you have for his personality, since that could be subject to change as the RPs get going. However it'll be great opportunity to get a feel of RPing him as a guest student in the upcoming House Cup event!!

I hope this helps! : D

EDIT:
- checked for you, and yes you will need to specify shape shifting to be his natural ability for him to be able to shape shift with the pin on.  

Zyphiris
Crew

Dainty Snowflake

Miidnight Melody

Feisty Bunny

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:04 pm
Zyphiris

Thanks so much for the help! I really do appreciate it so much <3

Ahh, I didn't find any information about that shape shifting and the pin there. But if you can find it I will really appreciate it Q___Q <3 so much info to read after all. Then I'll get to the changes needed but I'll take out the illusion bit for now.

Yeah, most definitely need to do some planning beforehand with any rp or battle xD I like planning things anyways > u <

Oh, I can be a guest to the event? o xo I didn't know about that since I thought those who are enrolled or at least approved can at least spectate the event. I'll check it out when I have the time!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:14 pm
Miidnight Melody
Zyphiris

Thanks so much for the help! I really do appreciate it so much <3

Ahh, I didn't find any information about that shape shifting and the pin there. But if you can find it I will really appreciate it Q___Q <3 so much info to read after all. Then I'll get to the changes needed but I'll take out the illusion bit for now.

Yeah, most definitely need to do some planning beforehand with any rp or battle xD I like planning things anyways > u <

Oh, I can be a guest to the event? o xo I didn't know about that since I thought those who are enrolled or at least approved can at least spectate the event. I'll check it out when I have the time!

You're welcome! I've checked with the GMs and yes, you will need to specify shape shifting to be his natural ability for him to be able to shape shift with the pin on.

Also comments from lizbot, regarding natural abilities at Year 1 level:

they'll have to limit that ~ to either illusions or illusory form ~ if illusions, they'll need to limit either duration or senses fooled ~ if illusory form, they'll need to limit it down to one "normal" form and one extra

So Sanjit will be able to shift into more forms / extend the duration of the illusion as his natural ability levels up in Year 2 - 3, but for now it will need to fit those restrictions.

And yes, the event is open for guests as well, the information is over here, under the guest note! You're very welcome to participate : D  

Zyphiris
Crew

Dainty Snowflake

Miidnight Melody

Feisty Bunny

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:37 pm
Zyphiris

Hmm, so much to think about now o xo

I need to think about to specify his shape shifting since the Rakshasa are known to not have a true or natural form . . . = x=;; I SHALL THINK ABOUT IT AFTER SOME SLEEP!

But I'll definitely check out the event for sure now! Just need to see how guests can squeeze in there xD So thank you thank you so much for helping such a total noob like me Q u Q <3

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:49 am
Heyo~ biggrin Since you requested crit I am here to give it!

Since you mentioned natural abilities in your request: the stuff Zyphiris mentioned is spot on. You can take one natural ability to start, here, so you need to pick either the shapeshifting or the magic, and whatever you select would be at a minor level.

However, looking at the description of the Maya power, it almost reads to me like taking illusion magic as a power would be sufficient - because Sanjit could appear to have changed into another creature using the illusion, without actually doing so. So you could start with being able to cast minor illusions over his own appearance, and then graduate to bigger and better illusions that affect the environment, etc.

Or you could start with minor shapeshifting and add on additional aspects of the magic later. It's up to you! If you'd like I'd be happy to work with you further on refining the power, since it is pretty broad and as a year one you need to start small. Plus it's not a bad idea to have a basic idea of how you want his powers to progress later in life!

As for the rest, I like him a lot honestly~ his personality is great and detailed. biggrin

Hope this helps! Feel free to reply here or to PM me if you'd like to work more closely with the powers~ C:

Midnight Melody

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

Miidnight Melody

Feisty Bunny

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:15 pm
Sosiqui

Thank you so much for your crit! I really appreciate it <3

I sent you a pm about it for the extra help if you don't mind Q n Q But . . . I think it might sound a bit weird since I was heavily dozing off when I saw this and just got excited that I wanted to message you asap OTL

But I'm willing to work with whatever suggestion you give to make his ability better!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:40 pm
Changing quest to enrollment for bribe was accepted <3  

Miidnight Melody

Feisty Bunny

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:45 pm
Droppin sum crit~

Approval pert-

Nat ability-
You need to pick one or the other as has been said.

Maya needs tweeking- you can't really make a blanket statement about a species as someone later might say otherwise. That aside, making other characters do/think anything is a god-mod, which of course, can't be approved. BUT! A simple change of phrase to 'which can lead people to think-' can fix that. You will need to specify the limitations to the magic/illusion which is the largest issue. Senses is one thing, appearances is another- y1 you want to go for something VERY basic. IE: Can only cast appearance illusion on self and limited to smaller/equal size. If you go with Maya it's mostly a wording dilemma and a limitations clarification. Both small, but very important.

Shape shifting- he could only change into 1 shape. Shapeshifting p much means one form into another but starting out- that is limited to one alternative form. So he couldn't shift from beast, to human, to Rakshasa- he could go Rakshasa to beast and vice versa, but adding in another form is too much for a y1 skill. Like Maya this needs clarification to work. Shapeshifting is considered a teir skill- at each year you put into that skill, the more forms become available to you.

thats about it~
Miidnight Melody

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:49 pm
iStoleYurVamps

Yo Vamps! Thank you so much for the crit~

And yeah, it wasall too much and I'm sorry about that xD So I cleaned it up and made it simple with just his shapeshifting to one beast form so I hope that's it ; ;

Thank you!

Miidnight Melody

Feisty Bunny

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:53 am
BASIC CHARACTER KIT WHAT DO I DO NEXT

Welcome to This is Halloween!

Congratulations! Your character has passed the enrollment process and you're cleared to begin playing. Essentially, this means you can get your art certed, make your character's journal, and most importantly start RPing. If you're a little lost then don't worry, this guide is here to point you in the right direction.

gaia_crown [ Art Check! ]:

- Do you have your character's art? Great! Move onto the next crown.

- If you do NOT yet have your art, you may now contact your artist and let them know that they may now start on creating your character!

gaia_crown [ Certs & Emblems ]:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

- If your character is a STUDENT, you may create a customized student pin for them. This is entirely optional (but fun!) special badge that is unique to your character's design! You can find more information about pins (also known as their emblem) here.

- Hallowen characters (Students & Horsemen) may bet their character certed here!

- Hunters may get their certs here!

gaia_crown [ Creating a Journal ]:

- A journal is a thread where you can keep track of your character's accomplishments, RPs, progress, relationships, etc!

- All HALLOWEEN characters (Students & Horsemen) may create one here!

- All Hunters may create one here!

gaia_crown [ Let's RP! ]:

- Don't be shy about RPing! As soon as your character has been enroll approved you can start! Check out this awesome information about The World of Halloween and Amityville Academy. All students start off in Amityville academy. Need more things to do? Check out this whole subforum! Anything labelled Activity is open for you! Occasionally GMs will promote and open CLASSROOM orps. These usually happen in the classroom subforum. All students are invited to participate!

- If you are a Hunter, you will want to read the Hunter Newbie Guide Occasionally GMs will promote and open MISSION orps. These usually happen in the main Deus subforum and be followed by a guild announcement. All Hunters are invited to participate!

- If you are a Horsemen, please refer to here and the handy links in the first post as well as the other posts for concurrent and quest information! Need more things to do? Check out this whole subforum! Anything labelled Activity is open for you! Occasionally GMs will promote and open CLASSROOM orps. These usually happen in the classroom subforum. All Horsemen are invited to participate!

gaia_crown [ What's happening currently? ]:
- We try to keep all important things happening regularily updated in the ANNOUNCEMENTS THREAD. This goes for ALL FACTIONS. Have a question? Ask it in the Q & A !

gaia_crown [ Still feeling a little lost or overwhelmed? That's okay! ]:
- Check out what was just mentioned in FULL DETAIL HERE! Don't be too overwhelmed, there's time to sort everything out. For now, just enjoy some simple RP!

gaia_crown [ Finding RP ]:
- There's a bunch of ways to find RP. You can just contact a friend or any shop regular OR one of our available GMS for help! Otherwise, there are a lot of people looking to plot with YOU in their plotting threads! You can even make your own and advertise in your sig/ in the main thread/ etc etc!

- In addition any thread marked ORP is open for you to join!

- If you ever feel lost as a newbie, our many GMs are more than happy to one on one RP with you to help your character get acquainted. Send a PM to WE ARE HALLOWEEN and we can get you started this way as well. Otherwise, enjoy immersing yourself in the many RPS in TiH! It is all about discovery after all!

{ Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games