Welcome to Gaia! ::

TinierMe

Back to Guilds

A place to meet Gaians who share a love and interest in the web-community, TinierMe ! 

Tags: TinierMe, Selfy, GCrest, Kokoro, Gacha 

Reply TinierMe
I have sad news.....

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Axel Daimora

Versatile Shapeshifter

4,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:24 am
A while ago, while looking up Gcrest of America, I came across this. https://www.giveforward.com/fundraiser/hll1/tiniermefundraiser Which means we had a chance to save Tinierme, but failed because we didn't find out about this fundraiser until it was too late......  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:59 am
That wasn't an official fundraiser. GCrest wasn't trying to save TinierMe. Even had the fundraiser worked - again, it wasn't created by the legal owners. It was also made clear that the American/English market was no longer a part of their agenda.  

Pxlated
Captain

Aged Fairy

12,950 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Battle: Level Up 200

Pootan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:03 pm
So then was that the reason it closed down? I am still unsure about the actual reason I have been told so many things. So it was just that they weren't interested anymore in expanding to this market?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:55 pm
Pootan
So then was that the reason it closed down? I am still unsure about the actual reason I have been told so many things. So it was just that they weren't interested anymore in expanding to this market?
Oh yeah, they never gave us a specific reason as to why they closed, right? sad I can only imagine it was because they weren't earning enough money from the site.  

badtzmaru
Crew

Adorable Waffles

21,700 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150

Pxlated
Captain

Aged Fairy

12,950 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:34 pm
Yea, pretty much, in any business. If you don't make enough revenue from a project, its either scraped or thrown in the back burner. Otherwise there would have been no good reason to close.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:55 pm
Yeah, I can understand that, but man did I spend a pretty penny on that site haha, it makes me a little nervous to spend actual money on other sites now.  

Pootan

Mizuno Aoi

Invisible Shoujo

8,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:15 am
From what little I knew, with uncertain terms, I believe the reason TinierMe closed was due to a change in @Games' leadership. As you may know, many Japanese are still quite racist...

It doesn't take much to connect the dots.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:57 pm
Mizuno Aoi
From what little I knew, with uncertain terms, I believe the reason TinierMe closed was due to a change in @Games' leadership. As you may know, many Japanese are still quite racist...

It doesn't take much to connect the dots.

That's a new one to me! I remember - now that you mention it - that there was a new CEO or something like that, but to close down a project due to personal racism...that's such a poor business decision and unprofessional; assuming in this case that they were making money from TM, that's stupid of them.
Bromotions should never happen unless it's deserved and earned. Especially for higher up positions. Dunno if that also happens in Japan? I know it happens a lot in the US.

Racism never crossed my mind :0

Pxlated
Captain

Aged Fairy

12,950 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250

badtzmaru
Crew

Adorable Waffles

21,700 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:19 pm
Veiss Wynd
Bromotions should never happen...
Quote:
Bromotions should...
Quote:
Bromotions...
rofl

The joys of typing on a phone. xd

Hrm, I'm a bit skeptical that they discontinued the whole site because of a new CEO. If that's the reason, couldn't they just have fired him and hired a Japanese person? onoa  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:02 am
badtzmaru
Veiss Wynd
Bromotions should never happen...
Quote:
Bromotions should...
Quote:
Bromotions...
rofl

The joys of typing on a phone. xd

Hrm, I'm a bit skeptical that they discontinued the whole site because of a new CEO. If that's the reason, couldn't they just have fired him and hired a Japanese person? onoa

xD That was actually not a typo.
Bromotion is the term we use when you promote your "friend" or "buddy." Your "Bro." Not for their skills, but cause of who they are to you. Bromotions are baaad.

Pxlated
Captain

Aged Fairy

12,950 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
TinierMe

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers